ADVERTISEMENT

N.J. Sen. Bob Menendez charged with conspiring to act as foreign agent

Now do Hunter...
Dr Phil Thirst GIF by BuzzFeed

Ahhh yes it is FARA...

YOUR source:
"The new charge is linked to an 85-year-old statute regulating foreign influence in the U.S.: the Foreign Agents Registration Act"

Is not "part of"; it uses definitions from that statute, but is SEPARATE LEGAL CODE

FARA legal statutes:

What Menendez is charged with (NOT FARA) 18:219

Your confusion here, is they simply use the DEFINITIONS from the FARA law which requires registration.

But the law for public officials is NOT FARA; they cannot register as agents. It is US Code 18:Section 219, which does NOT SHOW UP in any FARA subclauses or references.

Clown

I think Fetterman is a joke as a Senator, but I also think he's a decent human being, and his moral compass on this issue is right on target. I'd like to see all the Dems on this board who've been vocal about Santos be equally as vocal about Menendez. Of course that leaves open the possibility for the GOP to have a majority, even if it's only for a day or two.

I think Fetterman is a joke as a Senator, but I also think he's a decent human being, and his moral compass on this issue is right on target. I'd like to see all the Dems on this board who've been vocal about Santos be equally as vocal about Menendez. Of course that leaves open the possibility for the GOP to have a majority, even if it's only for a day or two.
Well, you will have to excuse the Dens for not doing act quickly as you wish. However, I am sure many Dems remember how the GOP “walked thru” the nomination of Garland to the SC. Not the same...but similar enough. Eventually Manendez will be gone...when it is more convenient.

Well, you will have to excuse the Dens for not doing act quickly as you wish. However, I am sure many Dems remember how the GOP “walked thru” the nomination of Garland to the SC. Not the same...but similar enough. Eventually Manendez will be gone...when it is more convenient.
You are right. It's not remotely the same. Not even close.

I've been saying he needs to go for awhile now. I could be wrong on the timeframe but didn't all the stuff on Santos come out much before the stuff on Menendez? I think it's reasonable to expect the same due process to play out. If that's not the case and the Dems are slow playing out of convenience I will gladly call out that bullshit

I've been saying he needs to go for awhile now. I could be wrong on the timeframe but didn't all the stuff on Santos come out much before the stuff on Menendez? I think it's reasonable to expect the same due process to play out. If that's not the case and the Dems are slow playing out of convenience I will gladly call out that bullshit
Let the voters decide just like Trump correct? Amazing all the shit Menendez, Santos, and Trump are nearly identical in terms of ethics and being caught red handed. Referring to the documents and hiding documents from court officers in Trump case.

Did he hang out at Satriale’s too?

At least four gold bars found in the FBI search of Sen. Robert Menendez’s home had been directly linked to a New Jersey businessman now accused of bribing the state's senior senator, Bergen County prosecutor records from a 2013 robbery case show.

The businessman, Fred Daibes, reported to police he was the victim of an armed robbery in 2013, and he asked police to recover the gold bars stolen from him. In the 2013 robbery, Daibes reported $500,000 in cash and 22 gold bars were stolen, Edgewater police records show. Police later caught four suspects with the stolen goods.

Those gold bars have serial numbers on them and are easily traceable. These are traced to a 2013 robbery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT