ADVERTISEMENT

Name 5 possible All Big Ten players from Iowa for this year

hawksense

HR MVP
Jan 16, 2002
If things shook out their way and they reached their potential, who have the greatest chances to make the first, second or third teams?

From most to least likely (first team), I'd say:
1) Kriener
2) Baer
3) Bohannon
4) Moss
5) Cook

I think there would be less competition for Kriener to come in and make a name for himself at the "center" position. I feel that these teams are stuck generally in a more traditional mindset with a point guard, 1/2 wings and forwards (2, 3, 4) and a true center. Kriener will have less competition than Cook (Bridges is the odds-on favorite) and Bohannon (needs to hold off McIntosh, Winston/Nairn, Cowen, Carsen Edwards, Mason, etc.) to claim the All B1G first team spot at center.

For ANY All B1G:
1) Baer
2) Bohannon
3) Cook
4) Kriener
5) Moss

From most to least likely (first team), I'd say:
1) Kriener
2) Baer
3) Bohannon
4) Moss
5) Cook

I think there would be less competition for Kriener to come in and make a name for himself at the "center" position. I feel that these teams are stuck generally in a more traditional mindset with a point guard, 1/2 wings and forwards (2, 3, 4) and a true center. Kriener will have less competition than Cook (Bridges is the odds-on favorite) and Bohannon (needs to hold off McIntosh, Winston/Nairn, Cowen, Carsen Edwards, Mason, etc.) to claim the All B1G first team spot at center.

For ANY All B1G:
1) Baer
2) Bohannon
3) Cook
4) Kriener
5) Moss

I read your list first and thought you were crazy but the explanation makes sense.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I read your list first and thought you were crazy but the explanation makes sense.
Yeah, if you look around the league, I think we're going to break our streak of 1st team all B1G. Partly because our best players are young (don't have the "hype" to get the benefit of the doubt), but also because there are already some solid options. I have to think that Bridges will be POY and take one spot, there are always solid PGs, and we don't have anyone else really proven...

I think we may see 2-4 on 2nd and other teams (defensive, freshman, etc.), but probably not a 1st team All B1G representative.

What, no love for the frosh? Nunge and Garza, both or at least one will make the all BIG Freshmen team. That's my bold prediction. Cook, Baer, JBo, Moss, and Pemsl can make those three team selection, esp when they take the BIG conference or finish in top 3, they will need at least five major players to make IA a conference contender.

Watching Cook today, I wouldn't put First Team out of his reach. Much depends on how Iowa does overall.

Bohannon, Kriener if he stays out of foul trouble, have a good chance to end up somewhere in the list. Same with Baer.

Just so many pieces...could work against ourselves in that way.

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT