ADVERTISEMENT

Name a band that you love that often gets ridiculed.

Mar 11, 2020
the other thread got me thinking we needed the inverse. Ill go with Green day. They turned into little political b1tches but Dookie is one of the greatest CDs ever made.

The Eagles...
355.jpg

I still play Human League more often than a normal person would. They were pretty catchy songwriters!
I met them once when they played a show with my sister’s (no pic) band. For some reason I like that new wave synth sound better than the prince synth sound.

Reactions: torbee
Feel like I should get more crap for this, haven't really in 10 years. Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst. My HS baseball coach would make fun of it.

Decent musician and songwriter, but my god he’s a whiny little beatch.
He's never been able to lose that reputation from the wunderkind thing when he was younger. Really hasn't come across that way on any of the records since 2007 or so, but he already had a huge catalog of whiney songs before he turned 22 lol.

He's never been able to lose that reputation from the wunderkind thing when he was younger. Really hasn't come across that way on any of the records since 2007 or so, but he already had a huge catalog of whiney songs before he turned 22 lol.
I have the same feeling about Ryan Adams. I respect his talent, very much enjoy some of his music (the cover of Taylor Swift’s 1989 album is friggin brilliant) but he just needs to get over himself! I know I’d hate him in real life, lol.

The Bee Gees. Their pre-disco stuff is fantastic. Their disco stuff is also fantastic when you consider that it was simply a product of the times - it's much better than most disco stuff.

Reactions: INXS83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT