ADVERTISEMENT

Name a feature in a house that is overrated or you don't like

thoughts on a urinal in one of the bathrooms?

Urinal-3.jpg
wouldn’t be surprised if these folks are the one with microwave at crotch level

If you live in the Northern half of the country... decks are seldom worth the $$$.

The exception for me would be having a hot tub sitting on a deck.

Things I don't like / don't work for me....

Garages that have a separator at the entrance between the 2 bays.
Garages that are "standard" height, I can't get my truck into the garage.
Hate that my driveway is north facing, south facing it would sun melt and reduce my shoveling.
Something about the toilet being in its own little poop room I don't like, separate from the rest of the bathroom

Reactions: Herkmeister
Sex Dungeons.

I had one installed awhile back before kids and Lady Slave and I would get regular use out of it along with Mistress Painstain. Then the kids come along and that room just started collecting dust. Totally useless. That, and now that my kids are older, I get so tired of them asking “Dad, why is this door locked?” Or, “Dad, why can’t I open the locked red leather door?” And “Dad! I think I heard a whimper sound on the other side of that door.” One day, my daughter stole my keys and opened the door. For the next like ten nights I never heard the end of it! “Dad, what was that? Dad, explain to me what I saw!” “Dad, I’m not sleeping well!” Geeeez! Then it gets even more awkward when my kid’s principal from school called about my daughter’s recent artwork and that I needed to come in to have a discussion with the sheriffs office. Shit, it just never ends now.

Putting that room in was a complete waste.

bondage-dungeon-900x597.jpg

Fireplace- No thank you
Decks- too much maintenance with all the staining and sealing and whatnot. Give me a hardscape patio any day.
I hate decks too. And we have 2. 🥴

We have a gas fireplace. Don't even know how to turn it on.

Wood fireplaces. We completely redid our 1900 house and I really wish I would have taken out the fireplace. It looks nice but it sits on the west side of the house and leaks so much air with NW winds in the winter.

Whoever said basements can go to hell. I WISH we had one so bad.

We use our deck a lot and it’s nice not having to take steps to go in and out of the kitchen onto a concrete pad

Yep I swapped out a single gas oven for a double where the larger is a convection oven and the smaller is a high heat broiler/pizza oven. I still have a DeLonghi counter top convection oven as well and all three get used frequently.
We've had an awful electric cooktop. Here when we bought the house. Finally getting gas again. First time we'll have had stainless appliances too. The damn kitchen remodel grew legs. Moved into every room on the first and second floors. I shit you not. I keep telling the designer and carpenter to finish before we declare bankruptcy. The dumb shits think I'm joking. 🥵

We've had an awful electric cooktop. Here when we bought the house. Finally getting gas again. First time we'll have had stainless appliances too. The damn kitchen remodel grew legs. Moved into every room on the first and second floors. I shit you not. I keep telling the designer and carpenter to finish before we declare bankruptcy. The dumb shits think I'm joking. 🥵

Wow!

Fortunately my house is newish (2006) and has a really nice layout. There’s nothing in the design I would change even if I had unlimited money to blow. But whoever ordered the house got just cheap contractor grade everything (all the faucets and fixtures just the cheapest $20 version, the cheapest tile, vinyl counter tops etc. It’s bizarre because it’s in a pretty pricey country club and it was built as one of the first “smart homes” with every room having internet wiring/ports and central controls. And of course in today’s world all that %*%* is useless 15 years later because I’m not paying Comcast to turn on internet in every, I’m doing WiFi like the rest of you.

The previous owner (I’m the third) got started on replacing the cheap %*%*, so the kitchen was recently remodeled with all quartz countertops (I wish they hadn’t really, it’s a tan and black stone that worked better with 90s and early 00s colors and design, I’d prefer a light beige or gray of some sort) and all of the door handles, cabinetry pulls and other metal fixtures were replaced with nice looking nickel versions rather than the old sad chrome stuff.

I’ve been doing more than the previous owner. I swapped out all of the faucets in the house for organic shaped nickel artisan versions as I could handle that level of plumbing myself. Just that makes it 10x classier than the cheap $20 chrome faucets. I also looked for some real marble leftover slab pieces for a couple of months until I found the perfect pure white Calacatta with perfect veining and was the exact size necessary to replace both guest bathrooms and the half bath countertops. I some nice glass bowl sink rather than a recessed sink. My wife and I also replaced the tile ourselves in the three nbathsñ with some nice fake wood porcelain I used in one of my medical facilities as it’s high traffic and doesn’t absorb liquid spills.

I’m planning on slowly replacing all of the appliances in the kitchen as well as they were all black which is fine for a 90s or early 00s joint, but I want higher end stainless appliances. Since it’s mainly just for looks, we’re replacing them essentially as needed. The first to go was the over the counter microwave as it just died outright, so I replaced it and the oven beneath it. Next up is the dishwasher and fridge, but right now the the old black ones are working fine and the pandemic meant very little manufacturing was going on so fridge and dishwasher prices in high end companies are obscene at the moment.

Reactions: Herkmeister
Wow!

Fortunately my house is newish (2006) and has a really nice layout. There’s nothing in the design I would change even if I had unlimited money to blow. But whoever ordered the house got just cheap contractor grade everything (all the faucets and fixtures just the cheapest $20 version, the cheapest tile, vinyl counter tops etc. It’s bizarre because it’s in a pretty pricey country club and it was built as one of the first “smart homes” with every room having internet wiring/ports and central controls. And of course in today’s world all that %*%* is useless 15 years later because I’m not paying Comcast to turn on internet in every, I’m doing WiFi like the rest of you.

The previous owner (I’m the third) got started on replacing the cheap %*%*, so the kitchen was recently remodeled with all quartz countertops (I wish they hadn’t really, it’s a tan and black stone that worked better with 90s and early 00s colors and design, I’d prefer a light beige or gray of some sort) and all of the door handles, cabinetry pulls and other metal fixtures were replaced with nice looking nickel versions rather than the old sad chrome stuff.

I’ve been doing more than the previous owner. I swapped out all of the faucets in the house for organic shaped nickel artisan versions as I could handle that level of plumbing myself. Just that makes it 10x classier than the cheap $20 chrome faucets. I also looked for some real marble leftover slab pieces for a couple of months until I found the perfect pure white Calacatta with perfect veining and was the exact size necessary to replace both guest bathrooms and the half bath countertops. I some nice glass bowl sink rather than a recessed sink. My wife and I also replaced the tile ourselves in the three nbathsñ with some nice fake wood porcelain I used in one of my medical facilities as it’s high traffic and doesn’t absorb liquid spills.

I’m planning on slowly replacing all of the appliances in the kitchen as well as they were all black which is fine for a 90s or early 00s joint, but I want higher end stainless appliances. Since it’s mainly just for looks, we’re replacing them essentially as needed. The first to go was the over the counter microwave as it just died outright, so I replaced it and the oven beneath it. Next up is the dishwasher and fridge, but right now the the old black ones are working fine and the pandemic meant very little manufacturing was going on so fridge and dishwasher prices in high end companies are obscene at the moment.
Reading your post and feeling ashamed I love polished silver/chrome....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT