ADVERTISEMENT

Name a feature in a house that is overrated or you don't like

Lawns.

Basically any house in the upper Midwest you are expected to have/maintain a lush green lawn. It’s impossible unless you have unlimited time/money to throw at it. I have no desire to live in the desert except for the fact that I would be happy with 0 lawn care.
We built two years ago. Had lush green sod on purchase. Now 1/3 of the back yard under dense trees is a mudpit. Portions of the lawn are now clover runs. I actually think all lawn should be clover. It's tougher than grass and doesn't grow too tall.

Don't know about the one in the pic but most of those open like a drawer. You just set the food down in it and push it closed.

825225910367_05492339.jpg

Not that I would ever do it myself, but that thing looks like a bitch to clean.

Im really confused. I don’t think I’ve ever used 2 hands to turn on a faucet in my life... what’s different about that thing?

I guess they have an old two handle faucet - one for hot and one for cold.

We built two years ago. Had lush green sod on purchase. Now 1/3 of the back yard under dense trees is a mudpit. Portions of the lawn are now clover runs. I actually think all lawn should be clover. It's tougher than grass and doesn't grow too tall.

Google something called lawn maintenance...

Reactions: Herkmeister
Im really confused. I don’t think I’ve ever used 2 hands to turn on a faucet in my life... what’s different about that thing?
You need to think a further outside the box.

I think I'll just drop it. 🥴

Or go with naturalized areas. Slowly working toward turning my backyard into a designated wildlife habitat. Just say no to grass.
Huge fan of native landscaping. If done right it's looks amazing, if not, looks like total shit though. (FL perspective, not sure how it looks anywhere else).

Hate it when you see new lots chop and raze down 100yr old oaks, palms, native shrubs, flowers only to bring in baby oaks, palms, shrubs that will take another 100 yrs to grow to what they "want" to achieve aesthetically.

Huge fan of native landscaping. If done right it's looks amazing, if not, looks like total shit though. (FL perspective, not sure how it looks anywhere else).

Hate it when you see new lots chop and raze down 100yr old oaks, palms, native shrubs, flowers only to bring in baby oaks, palms, shrubs that will take another 100 yrs to grow to what they "want" to achieve aesthetically.
We already have a large wooded area. We're doing the rest in zones...can't afford to do it all at once. Doing our deep shade area right now - ferns, jack-in-the-pulpits, serviceberry, columbine. We'll do the southwest side of the house next...it gets the most sun. I want some blueberry bushes. :)

The less I have to mow, the better. No grass at all is my goal.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
I want some blueberry bushes. :)

You're gonna need a lot of peat moss and pine fines if you want blueberries.

I still have the same greasy range hood I had in my first apartment. have installed it in every house I've lived in since -- just to remind me of where I came from.

I'll never forget the time I turned it on after it sat idle for half a year and the fan mulched a nest of mice.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Anyone else have the wifi led lightbulbs? Pretty baddass. Almost started a thread on this a yr ago.

Electronic sinks. Great in theory. We pulled the ones that came with the house in less than a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT