ADVERTISEMENT

Name a head coach that you'd like to see at Iowa that nobody else has mentioned on this board

That would not be accepted at Iowa in a million years.

Apparently, it was a sign somebody made for college gameday recently and they gave it to him as a gag gift. I'm pretty sure he's going to take it down when the team loses or something like that.

Kliemann will be in Manhattan for a cup of coffee. Don’t be shocked if he succeeds Saban at Alabama.

Dan Gable... probably not good with the Xs and Os, but a great motivator.

Iowa will never get a top coach to even sniff it, as top coaches know taking a job there is career suicide as all you are is a historic dumpster fire of a program. Truth hursts, doesn't it! Suck it up buttercup! Remember quality coaching matters. All you have are dreams and fantasies. How's it feel knowing that you'll never be able to have one. You've never been good enough and never will be! Deal with it! There's the have's which we've always been, and the have not's which you always will be!

Last edited:
Iowa will never get a top coach to even sniff it, as top coaches know taking a job there is career suicide as all you are is a historic dumpster fire of a program. Truth hursts, doesn't it! Suck it up buttercup! Remember quality coaching matters. All you have are dreams and fantasies. How's it feel knowing that you'll never be able to have one. You've never been good enough and never will be! Deal with it! There's the have's which we've always been, and the have not's which you always will be!
do-i-suck-at-speaking-english.jpg

I'm gonna laugh at you're board's melt down when that day comes seeing it whining and crying "why can't we get a top coach?" it's gonna be funny as hell as reality will have set in validating my post. You're fanbase is delusional to think you ever will get one as you have absolutely zero history to build on, unlike Nebraska. We are the have's and you've always been and will be the have not's. Basically the poor sisters. #QualityCoachingMatters# Reality check!!

Seems like good timing for this. I have a few ideas, but I'm curious as to who you all think could be a strong candidate and have a chance at success and invigorating this program, and not just your typical Brian Ferentz/Brett Bielema/Bob Stoops/Mark Stoops and others with Hawkeye ties, which seems to be a prerequisite for some reason.

Go
Anyone who's last name is not Ferentz!!!!! I don't care about the Iowa ties.
They need to let the new AD do the hiring. Barta has got to go!

1. Can they coach
2. Can they recruit
Pretty simple!

Reactions: justinjdry
I'm gonna laugh at you're board's melt down when that day comes seeing it whining and crying "why can't we get a top coach?" it's gonna be funny as hell as reality will have set in validating my post. You're fanbase is delusional to think you ever will get one as you have absolutely zero history to build on, unlike Nebraska. We are the have's and you've always been and will be the have not's. Basically the poor sisters. #QualityCoachingMatters# Reality check!!

Your team is working on close to 20 years without playing in a game with national implications. Our "zero history" has made a lot more headlines this century, not to mention made short work of your sorry arses as of late. Time to reevaluate what a have and have not is.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
All Debbie fans have to say for the past number of years is... we ALMOST beat Iowa... and wait til next year. Oh that... and I love going 4-8 ! They are a mediocre, irrelevant program anymore.

The last coach worth his salt in dincoln was TO. How many years ago was that? Were you alive then?

Opie ain't even a pube on TOs balls...so don't even go there junior..

Anybody not named Ferentz.

Of course, that's how short-sighted you and anybody who agreed with you are....ANYBODY but the guy who has already proven successful and therein lies the rub with today's society. Ungrateful, fickle and totally out of touch with what is really out there.

I do find it interesting that a couple Husker fans agreed with you...just in case a bright chap like you can't grasp it....they didn't agree because they want us to get a better coach. They want us to get a worse one....o_O

Last edited:

This is a lazy, weak attempt to belittle a program. Iowa isn't defined by you or your wants or wishes...Its defined by its pecking order in the Big 10 and for forty years that has been relevance. You are the one here who looks odd....I get embarrassed for people sometimes. They try so hard..and look so dumb.

I don't think Ferentz should be fired nor do I want him to be, but an intriguing name no one mentions would be Dave Doren (sp?) at NC St. The guy was fantastic at No Illinois and he's been very good at NC St. I don't know who the Utah St coach is but they are putting up crazy points this year.

That said, it's such a roll of the dice replacing a coach. Go over the hot coaching names from the past few years...how many have panned out? Not many.
--Fleck has been terrible.
--Nebraska looked like a train wreck other than blowing out a few bad teams over the past few weeks. Their coaches before Frost were trash.

--Michigan went through 2 coaches who were big name hires (both disasters) before Harbaugh, who has been mediocre up to this year.

--Brohm has been ok at Purdue...the coach they had before him was a big name and he was terrible there.

USC has went through 3 coaches since Pete Carroll, all big name up and coming coaches, and they were all terrible. They've barely been a top 25 team over the past 6-7 years. Florida is irrelevant, Miami is too. Texas has been nonexistent since Mack brown left. Tennessee, which was a powerhouse under Fullmer, has gone through like 4 coaches since he left, each one a big name hire, and they are pretty much a laughingstock.

It's definitely been a frustrating year. I don't think blowing the whole thing up and hiring some hot young coach, which works out maybe 10% of the time, is the answer.

100% agreed and to further your point, Doren has indeed been solid but I have no doubt his fans treat him similarly to what our critics do KF, hence this whole stupid thread.

This year they were uncompetitive 41-7 vs Clemson and lost to 6-6 Wake Forest....that gets you hated on over here. These clowns don't have a clue whats out there...there isn't one single coach we can get that they'll like.

Leach. I'm sure many here wouldn't care for his attitude, but the guy is a winner everywhere he goes without the support we have here,

And yet he nearly got fired by Wazoo a couple years back and he gave up about a 15 point lead in the last 4 minutes or so vs CSU in the New Mexico bowl a few years back and lost. Most of these top 25 or so coaches outside of the 3 or 4 very elite ones are fairly similar..

Great. We better keep KF for another 20 years because we might end up being worse than mediocre. Why would we want a shot at something better? That’s for other teams. We are happy with 6-8 wins a year and a shitty bowl game. Every once in awhile we do get the chance for a decent bowl game where we get shit stomped, those are nice.

Let me honestly ask you something. Do you truly believe with our recruiting and offensive philosophy that we will ever be anything other than ok? Why are you and others ok with being decent but never great? This fan base is filled with a bunch of chicken little suck asses.

Considering we have the 25th best winning percentage in the nation since the breakthrough season in 2001, out of 129 teams. I'd say that's a tick better than average.

Harbaugh’s been mediocre?

This will be his 3rd 10-win season in 4 years at Michigan. He’s had his team in the playoff discussion two out of the 4 years he’s been there.

I think any Iowa fan would be able to stomach that mediocrity.

Edit: and when exactly was Brady Hoke a “Big Name” hire? He was the head coach for SDSU for 2 years before Michigan and has one 9 win season and one 4 win season.

He had 2 winning seasons in his 6 year stint at Ball State before SDSU. He would not have been hired by Michigan had he not had ties to Michigan. “Big Name” - he was not.

Scott Frost was at UCF for two years.

Anybody willing to:

1) Not play 10+ yds off a receiver at all times during the game. Even 3rd and goal at the 3.
2) Come up with the times and run a variation of the 3-4
3) Use a dual threat QB and open up the offense
4) Get the ball to your playmakers in space

Hmmmm seems I've read that on lots of boards. The 10 yards off the ball one is especially a favorite of mine. Showing that pretty much no one watches anyone but Iowa play.

ADVERTISEMENT