ADVERTISEMENT

Name Good Old TV Shows from a Picture

hqdefault.jpg

That's Earl Holliman but I don't remember the name of the show.
Hotel de Paree

Hotel de Paree is a Western television series starring Earl Holliman that aired thirty-three episodes on the CBS Friday evening from October 2, 1959, until June 3, 1960, under the alternate sponsorship of the Liggett & Myers company (L&M cigarettes) and Kellogg's.

The show starred Holliman as Sundance, a gunfighter just released after seventeen years in prison. In the first episode, he is in Georgetown, Colorado, where he kills the town villain and is then urged by the citizens to become the marshal. He accepts the job and also becomes a part owner of the Hotel de Paree, owned by two French women, Annette Deveraux, played by Jeanette Nolan, and her niece, Monique (Judi Meredith), relatives of the man whom he had earlier killed. Sundance wore a string of polished silver dollars [1] in the band of his black Stetson, which often blinded his adversaries.[2]

During the run of the series, Sundance dealt with assorted antagonists and maintained flirtations with both of the Deveraux women. Sundance also befriended a local shopkeeper, Aaron Donoger, played by veteran Western performer Strother Martin. The program was filmed at CBS Studio Center. On the evening of the series debut broadcast, October 2, 1959, star Earl Holliman also appeared an hour later in the premiere episode of The Twilight Zone, "Where Is Everybody?", which also aired on CBS.

Guest stars on Hotel de Paree included Philip Abbott, Theodore Bikel, Sebastian Cabot, Russ Conway, Dennis Cross, Walter Coy, Royal Dano, King Donovan, Brian Donlevy, Jack Elam, Leif Erickson, Ron Hayes, Allyn Joslyn, Don Keefer, Nora Marlowe, Martin Milner, Read Morgan, Gregg Palmer, John M. Pickard, Judson Pratt, Darryl Richard, Peter Mark Richman, Vic Tayback, and Peter Whitney.

A comic-book adaptation, written by Gaylord Du Bois, appeared in Dell's Four Color #1126.

The prisoner with Patrick McGoohan. Very strange show.

Always liked him in Secret Agent, as well
_45376609_mcgoohan_danger_226apcbs.jpg

He also did a TV series for Disney called Scarecrow that I remember watching when I was a kid back in the 60's.....

ADVERTISEMENT