ADVERTISEMENT

Name some rudimentary/mundane things you hate doing

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Not like going to work, but simple tasks.

For me, I hate raking leaves and putting away laundry (don't mind washing or folding, but they can stay in the basket for weeks for all I care). For the wife [no pics], it's filling things--dish wand, gas tank, soap dispensers, et al.

What about ya'll?

Reactions: nelly02
Anything in regards to laundry - I'll take care of the dishwasher, loading, unloading, every single time if I could get out of touching any laundry. Add in 3 kids under 6, and laundry is even worse.

Brushing the pool. However, I did find a product called "The Wall Whale" that makes the chore quite a bit easier.

gabby-frontpage-gary-and-water.jpg

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning the bathroom, ect.... My wife always cleans on the weekends and I feel bad sitting on the couch watching tv. Sometimes slightly annoyed even when she vacuums during a game or something. I have no idea why i hate it so much but i do. I try to go outside and mow the lawn at the same time so I don't feel like a bum but it doesn't always work out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hendy hawk
I hate mowing. Seems like a hobby for some people on my block though. I'm getting owned in the neighborhood lawn olympics.
Just hire someone...when my back started giving me fits, I hired a guy and have never looked back!

Reactions: Moral
Working on a bathroom right now and I f'n HATE to caulk. Plus I absolutely suck at it. There - I said it. I can't caulk. Shame me.

Reactions: Rudolph
Daily cleaning and disinfecting my contact lenses. Going on 35 years and hate it every day.

Yard work for this guy also. Just knowing I have to go home and mow after work puts me in a bad mood. I go inside and change my clothes and head straight out to get it over with.

Cleaning up snow is just as bad. 🤬

Reactions: Tunadog
Cleaning Windows, inside and outside. We do it 2X a year as a major project. Hate it.

Steam Cleaning Carpets.

Painting rooms.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I always hated yard work. I don't know if I hated it because I sucked at it, or I sucked at it because I hated it. It just seemed like a shit ton of work for a below average appearing yard.

I moved into a townhouse and happily said goodbye to all of it. Hours of my weekends back for other things.

Of course, I'm paying well more in HOA dues now than I would have paid for professionals to take care of my yard in my old place, but never seriously considered it.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I don’t mind mowing, but I can’t stand weeding and working in a garden. My dream yard is no flowers, shrubs, bushes.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Not like going to work, but simple tasks.

For me, I hate raking leaves and putting away laundry (don't mind washing or folding, but they can stay in the basket for weeks for all I care). For the wife [no pics], it's filling things--dish wand, gas tank, soap dispensers, et al.

What about ya'll?
the worst is cleaning gutters

Reactions: BigDelHawk
Mowing the lawn and raking leaves SUCK. I live in a 60 year old neighborhood with huge trees. Raking is steady work in the fall.

screw raking, just mow over them.

We generally do, but when mowing stops, they pile up, I'm talking above ankle deep. Last fall, I had them all picked up in early November and three days later, we had a wind storm and my yard was ankle deep in a-hole neighbors leaves. I bagged 52 lawn/leaf bags over two days. It fuggin sucked. The really shitty part was my blower crapped out 1/3 of the way in so I had to rake everything.

Ironing. Refuse to do it. Stand at the dryer and grab things to put on hangers under a ceiling fan just to avoid having to iron.

We generally do, but when mowing stops, they pile up, I'm talking above ankle deep. Last fall, I had them all picked up in early November and three days later, we had a wind storm and my yard was ankle deep in a-hole neighbors leaves. I bagged 52 lawn/leaf bags over two days. It fuggin sucked. The really shitty part was my blower crapped out 1/3 of the way in so I had to rake everything.
In my city, we simply rake/blow them to the curb, and a giant vacuum cleaner comes and sucks them all up.

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT