ADVERTISEMENT

Name two movies most posters haven’t seen but should.

You should have said movies people born after 1990 haven’t seen. These movies aren’t obscure for for dudes my age.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
A few movies from around 1990

Big man on campus (Bob Maluga version)
People under the stairs.

And one for good measure -
Who’s Harry Crumb - surprised how many people haven’t seen this John Candy classic.

Last edited:
Sluts 1 and sluts 2

DJ-Taking-Notes-GIF.gif

what-you-can-learn-on-shark-tank-that-you-cant-learn-in-the-classroom

The Mating Season (Thelma Ritter was nominated 6 times for supporting actress-this is one of those performances.)
Remember the Night (has become a Christmas movie.)

Two films by Mitchell Leisen.

images

Six-String Samurai - In the radiated wasteland that is America, a new king is needed in Las Vegas to fight off the mutant hordes and remnants of the Russian army (with a great soundtrack by the Red Elviseses).

hwn4d-RSD12W6X2XR-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1547247677716._SX1080_.jpg

Haiku Tunnel - Essentially what if you took the character of George Castanza and put him in Office Space while making him even more neurotic and an even bigger loser.

MV5BMTU1NTQyNjkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMxNjcxMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Also

Sasquatch Gang - essentially the followup to Napoleon Dynamite. If you enjoy awkward humor and nerds this is for you.

p174046_v_v8_aa.jpg

Moon - one of the best Scifi movies this century starring almost exclusively Sam Rockwell
80863.jpg

Dark City - covered up by the flashier Matrix, this is essentially a similarly themed movie but with a deeper intellectual bent. Both the original Matrix and Dark City are in my personal top 25 movies.
Dark-City.jpg

Deterrence - low budget political thriller set in a one room set with a great cast. Essentially the president gets snowed in a bar in the middle of America when a high level nuclear confrontation occurs. Think of it as one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever.

10179508-0-deterrence-dvd_f.jpg

Albino Alligator - Pedophile Gay-Rapist Kevin Spacey's directorial debut is a surprisingly great crime drama.

91eckWK8xDL._RI_.jpg

Klaus - A poorly advertised brand new animated film by Netflix, is probably my favorite animated movie of the last ten years not named Moana. It tells the "true story" of Santa Claus and while that sounds like a terrible clichéd saccharine movie that would be unwatchable, it actually tells the story of a self-absorbed post man who learns the power of generosity and true love who teams with a lonely woodsman who only wanted to have lots of children while his wife was still living. It is both sad and powerful all at the same time while still managing to be funny and uplifting. It may be the movie I was least looking forward to that has become a favorite.

MV5BMWYwOThjM2ItZGYxNy00NTQwLWFlZWEtM2MzM2Q5MmY3NDU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

The Witch - part very accurate historical film about early American colonialism and part horror film. It's great, I don't want to provide any other spoilers other than to say the dedication to historical accuracy is great.
p11451256_v_v8_ab.jpg

Happy Death Day - a perfect blend of the stuck in a time loop plus humor of Groundhog Day mixed with a cheesy slasher movie. It's fantastic!

Happy-Death-Day-Featured-min.jpg

Equilibrium - a great sci-fi movie that originated the "gun-fu" you see in almost every major Hollywood movie now. And the combo of Christian Bale and Sean Bean in a futuristic action flick cannot be beat.

d2c444667beb168421db2cdad5055e4c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: midgee2000
The Thin Man
After the Thin Man

After I watched these movies I came to the conclusion that every movie I've ever seen that was made after these ripped these movies off in some fashion.

They're incredibly important movies, maybe two of the most important comedies ever made. I know many will consider them dated (which they obviously are, being made in the 1930's) and many of the older posters have probably seen them at least once...but to me I watch them and see "OK, this comedy stole that scene, this TV sitcom stole this scene, that line I've seen used a hundred times" etc.

To me, they're timeless. I can re-watch them just about any time, any place.

Seraphim Falls - Liam Neeson, Pierce Brosnan in a post Civil War revenge/chase film that turns into a weird art film at the end. Plus, a good friend of mine smacks Angie Harmon and burns her alive!

Big Night - Tony Shalhoub, Stanley Tucci as brothers in the 50s struggling to run an authentic Italian restaurant. Mini Driver, Isabella Rossellini, Ian Holm, Allison Janney round out the cast. Hands down the best food-movie ever.

Fandango - Kevin Costner and his group of friends road trip after college graduation in 1971 for one last "privilege of youth." If you haven't seen it, you really should.

Six-String Samurai - In the radiated wasteland that is America, a new king is needed in Las Vegas to fight off the mutant hordes and remnants of the Russian army (with a great soundtrack by the Red Elviseses).

hwn4d-RSD12W6X2XR-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1547247677716._SX1080_.jpg

Haiku Tunnel - Essentially what if you took the character of George Castanza and put him in Office Space while making him even more neurotic and an even bigger loser.

MV5BMTU1NTQyNjkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMxNjcxMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Also

Sasquatch Gang - essentially the followup to Napoleon Dynamite. If you enjoy awkward humor and nerds this is for you.

p174046_v_v8_aa.jpg

Moon - one of the best Scifi movies this century starring almost exclusively Sam Rockwell
80863.jpg

Dark City - covered up by the flashier Matrix, this is essentially a similarly themed movie but with a deeper intellectual bent. Both the original Matrix and Dark City are in my personal top 25 movies.
Dark-City.jpg

Deterrence - low budget political thriller set in a one room set with a great cast. Essentially the president gets snowed in a bar in the middle of America when a high level nuclear confrontation occurs. Think of it as one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever.

10179508-0-deterrence-dvd_f.jpg

Albino Alligator - Pedophile Gay-Rapist Kevin Spacey's directorial debut is a surprisingly great crime drama.

91eckWK8xDL._RI_.jpg

Klaus - A poorly advertised brand new animated film by Netflix, is probably my favorite animated movie of the last ten years not named Moana. It tells the "true story" of Santa Claus and while that sounds like a terrible clichéd saccharine movie that would be unwatchable, it actually tells the story of a self-absorbed post man who learns the power of generosity and true love who teams with a lonely woodsman who only wanted to have lots of children while his wife was still living. It is both sad and powerful all at the same time while still managing to be funny and uplifting. It may be the movie I was least looking forward to that has become a favorite.

MV5BMWYwOThjM2ItZGYxNy00NTQwLWFlZWEtM2MzM2Q5MmY3NDU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

The Witch - part very accurate historical film about early American colonialism and part horror film. It's great, I don't want to provide any other spoilers other than to say the dedication to historical accuracy is great.
p11451256_v_v8_ab.jpg

Happy Death Day - a perfect blend of the stuck in a time loop plus humor of Groundhog Day mixed with a cheesy slasher movie. It's fantastic!

Happy-Death-Day-Featured-min.jpg

Equilibrium - a great sci-fi movie that originated the "gun-fu" you see in almost every major Hollywood movie now. And the combo of Christian Bale and Sean Bean in a futuristic action flick cannot be beat.

d2c444667beb168421db2cdad5055e4c.jpg

next up put a few math documentaries on your list.

Reactions: jellyfish10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT