ADVERTISEMENT

Naples Florida Iowa Bar?

Brian_Fantana

HR All-American
Feb 9, 2006
Down in Naples with my brother and our families for a bit of golf, beach and bossing. Don’t suppose anyone knows if there is an Iowa game watch bar to watch the game at tomorrow? The google machine isn’t helping much. Or just a good sports bar? Good chance the wives, no pics, and kids, no pics, will go to the beach while we are watching , so double bonus if close to any beach access. Lowdermilk beach is closed; but, I believe most other beach spots are open in Naples and Marco area. Sounds like Ft Meyers beaches may still be closed.

Thanks in advance of any ideas.

Looks like Legends would be the place to go for past games. Edit the 2nd link is to the Naples Iowa Club FB page. Someone appears to be hosting a party at their home vs Legends.

"https://www.facebook.com/naplesiowaclub"

Last edited:
Down in Naples with my brother and our families for a bit of golf, beach and bossing. Don’t suppose anyone knows if there is an Iowa game watch bar to watch the game at tomorrow? The google machine isn’t helping much. Or just a good sports bar? Good chance the wives, no pics, and kids, no pics, will go to the beach while we are watching , so double bonus if close to any beach access. Lowdermilk beach is closed; but, I believe most other beach spots are open in Naples and Marco area. Sounds like Ft Meyers beaches may still be closed.

I love Marco island. Any idea how that is doing after the hurricane? How is Naples doing?

Looks like Legends would be the place to go for past games. Edit the 2nd link is to the Naples Iowa Club FB page. Someone appears to be hosting a party at their home vs Legends.

That 2nd link will probably place you on the No Fly list 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: JupiterHawk
I love Marco island. Any idea how that is doing after the hurricane? How is Naples doing?
I was in Marco right after Ian and then again for two weeks in November. Marco has recovered well. It lost some the “prettiness” as bushes and flowers soaked up salt water and turned brown. Some green is coming back but others will have to be replaced.
Beaches are open but get to the public beaches earlier as the parking gets filled darn early.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Naples doesn’t seem too bad actually. My wife and I got in Wednesday night and went to the Naples pier beach area yesterday and it was surprisingly pretty cleaned up. Tried to go to Vanderbilt beach; but couldn’t find a parking spot since the parking ramp was closed. Love that area; but believe it has quite awhile before being back to normal. From what we can tell, or of the beach access areas we know of, Lowdermilk is the only one that is still closed off.

My brother and fam just got in late last night and we plan on going to Marco Sunday or Monday. Would go tomorrow if we could find an option that had a sports bar and beach access sorta close to each other; but I can’t seem to find any options there.

Reactions: Tenacious E

No Iowa game watch on Marco Island. Sports bars are The Sand Bar, Marco Island Brewery, Sunset Grill, and the Salty Dog.
Beaches are open.
Sorry I have never watched a game in Naples. There was an Iowa game watch bar in Fort Myers but I can’t remember the name. I know that is little help to you.

I was in Marco right after Ian and then again for two weeks in November. Marco has recovered well. It lost some the “prettiness” as bushes and flowers soaked up salt water and turned brown. Some green is coming back but others will have to be replaced.
Beaches are open but get to the public beaches earlier as the parking gets filled darn early.
You think 10am is early enough on a holiday weekend if driving from Naples? If we don’t go to Marco tomorrow, we are likely gonna try Sunday and golf Monday somewhere here in Naples. Also, we have only gone to Tiger Tail beach and parked in the public lots that are a bit of a walk to the beach. Any other areas you would recommend? Thanks

Naples doesn’t seem too bad actually. My wife and I got in Wednesday night and went to the Naples pier beach area yesterday and it was surprisingly pretty cleaned up. Tried to go to Vanderbilt beach; but couldn’t find a parking spot since the parking ramp was closed. Love that area; but believe it has quite awhile before being back to normal. From what we can tell, or of the beach access areas we know of, Lowdermilk is the only one that is still closed off.

My brother and fam just got in late last night and we plan on going to Marco Sunday or Monday. Would go tomorrow if we could find an option that had a sports bar and beach access sorta close to each other; but I can’t seem to find any options there.
The Sunset Grill is right on the beach. South side of island. Public parking near on Swallow Street. Get there early. Opens at 8 .
Sunset Grill is on Collier.

No Iowa game watch on Marco Island. Sports bars are The Sand Bar, Marco Island Brewery, Sunset Grill, and the Salty Dog.
Beaches are open.
Sorry I have never watched a game in Naples. There was an Iowa game watch bar in Fort Myers but I can’t remember the name. I know that is little help to you.
Thank you. If we try to go to Marco tomorrow, good information to have. Any of those close to the beach where we could walk back and forth by chance? My brother and I hope to watch football most of the day; but wouldn’t mind being able to walk back to seem the fams, if possible! Although they probably don’t care either way; as long as the weather is nice

You think 10am is early enough on a holiday weekend if driving from Naples? If we don’t go to Marco tomorrow, we are likely gonna try Sunday and golf Monday somewhere here in Naples. Also, we have only gone to Tiger Tail beach and parked in the public lots that are a bit of a walk to the beach. Any other areas you would recommend? Thanks
No, I don’t think that is early enough. I don’t go to Tiger Tail.

Thank you. If we try to go to Marco tomorrow, good information to have. Any of those close to the beach where we could walk back and forth by chance? My brother and I hope to watch football most of the day; but wouldn’t mind being able to walk back to seem the fams, if possible! Although they probably don’t care either way; as long as the weather is nice
You can watch your family on the beach from the Sunset Grill.

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
No, I don’t think that is early enough. I don’t go to Tiger Tail.
Thanks. May try the sunset grille you posted above. That looks ideal. I don’t know the area too well. Just been coming down once a year, the last couple years, as our folks bought a retirement condo they hardly use yet, so being cheap and stay here. It’s inland off Rattlesnake road so had no hurricane damage

Thanks. May try the sunset grille you posted above. That looks ideal. I don’t know the area too well. Just been coming down once a year, the last couple years, as our folks bought a retirement condo they hardly use yet, so being cheap and stay here. It’s inland off Rattlesnake road so had no hurricane damage
Stay on Collier. The Sunset Grill right across
Where you turn left on Swallow to park. The first parking lot is only for residents and will be monitored. Adjacent is the public parking. I think it is $10 a day. After parking walk across Collier to the beach. The Sunset Grill has access to the beach.

Stay on Collier. The Sunset Grill right across
Where you turn left on Swallow to park. The first parking lot is only for residents and will be monitored. Adjacent is the public parking. I think it is $10 a day. After parking walk across Collier to the beach. The Sunset Grill has access to the beach.
Thank you much. Very helpful.

My favorite hamburger was by tiger tail. Or I think it was tiger tail. It was on/adjacent to a beach on Marco. I don’t remember where precisely we had it or what the place was called. Kind of like a shack or small place. Was about 20 years ago. Mike’s maybe? Wasn’t the best burger I’ve had but having a “cheeseburger in paradise” in the middle of winter made it my favorite.*

*edited to note it looks like it is known as the tigertail beach cafe. But alas, it appears to be closed.

Last edited:
Something else your family may find interesting: after parking in the lot on Swallow Avenue, instead of heading right to the beach turn right and walk to Huron Court. There are two burrowing owls nests just off Swallow. One on the north side and one on the south. They are protected. Their nests are roped off and “sitting stands” are set up for them. Hopefully they will be out. The nest on the north side has two owls that will let you watch them and take pictures. The nest on the south side has a male that is very very protective. He will hiss and act like he will come after you.

Thanks for the recommendation on Marco and the bar. Beach was perfect, parking was easy (got there at 9:30) and bar was perfect location for the kids to come on and out of from the beach. Tab got a little spendy after 4 hours; but that’s to be expected at a beach bar! Thankfully my nephew has his license

Didn’t see your last post until this morning. If we go back that way over the next few days; will certain check that out.

A suggestion for beating the beach parking blues... go to the nearest place where parking won't be an issue (like a Walmart or something like that) and take an Uber the rest of the way to the beach.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the recommendation on Marco and the bar. Beach was perfect, parking was easy (got there at 9:30) and bar was perfect location for the kids to come on and out of from the beach. Tab got a little spendy after 4 hours; but that’s to be expected at a beach bar! Thankfully my nephew has his license

Didn’t see your last post until this morning. If we go back that way over the next few days; will certain check that out.
Try and see a sunset there if you can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT