ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville florist refuses 'large' RNC fundraiser order, calls on party to change gun laws

OrlandNole

HR Heisman
Nov 29, 2003
Nashvegas
Putting their money where their mouth is. Good for them.

Melonee Hurt
Nashville Tennessean

• FLWR shop owners decline 'large' RNC fundraiser order
  • Small business owners took to social media to explain why and ask others to do the same.
When the organizers of a Republican National Convention fundraising event scheduled for Nashville this month called FLWR Shop in Belle Meade for floral design services for the event — owners Alex Vaughan and Quinn Kiesow said no.
The FLWR Shop owners posted on their social media accounts they "immediately declined" the "opportunity" and went on to say they would like to challenge others in the Nashville event industry to say no to taking money or jobs from Republican party until they begin to make the changes to gun laws that most Americans are calling for.
The event being held later this month is said to feature former Pres. Donald Trump and other prominent members of the Republican party.
The social post also included the floral business's response to the planner of the RNC fundraising event. It reads, in part:
"Our community has just lost seven people, including three young children, to yet another school shooting. At this moment, I cannot ignore the work that the RNC has done to create this tragedy and so many others just like it."

Putting their money where their mouth is. Good for them.
  • FLWR shop owners decline 'large' RNC fundraiser order
  • Small business owners took to social media to explain why and ask others to do the same.
Yeah! Turned down that business...then ran to social media to help their business by propping themselves up to make more money! They'll probably video themselves fixing a pothole next and swear it was just because it needed to be done!

Yeah! Turned down that business...then ran to social media to help their business by propping themselves up to make more money! They'll probably video themselves fixing a pothole next and swear it was just because it needed to be done!
So...just to clarify...people taking a stand SHOULDN'T try to persuade others to support that stand? That seems like a stupid take but par for your course.

So...just to clarify...people taking a stand SHOULDN'T try to persuade others to support that stand? That seems like a stupid take but par for your course.
The only thing you clarified is that you don't understand basic stuff.

OP said, "They put their money where their mouth is" and is suggesting that they took some kind of big hit by doing this. When in reality, it was a great move for them, as now they will make triple that money from people like you who will support them because you can't see through their schtick. Don't be upset though. You're just like all the rednecks who started going to Chick Fil A when they found out the CEO didn't like the gays too much.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
The only thing you clarified is that you don't understand basic stuff.

OP said, "They put their money where their mouth is" and is suggesting that they took some kind of big hit by doing this. When in reality, it was a great move for them, as now they will make triple that money from people like you who will support them because you can't see through their schtick. Don't be upset though. You're just like all the rednecks who started going to Chick Fil A when they found out the CEO didn't like the gays too much.
WTAF are you talking about? Damn, it's like diarrhea of the fingers when you get on one of these tirades. Are you actually claiming they really had NO moral objections to taking the money and simply refused it to...INCREASE their business? Did the CEO of CFA support anti-gay organizations simply to increase THEIR revenue? To pull in idiot "rednecks" like you?

Yeah, you're an idiot.

WTAF are you talking about? Damn, it's like diarrhea of the fingers when you get on one of these tirades. Are you actually claiming they really had NO moral objections to taking the money and simply refused it to...INCREASE their business? Did the CEO of CFA support anti-gay organizations simply to increase THEIR revenue? To pull in idiot "rednecks" like you?

Yeah, you're an idiot.
Personally, I think it's most likely they had an actual, moral objection to it. However, when you take it a step further (to social media), then it just becomes virtue signaling and business propping.

If I give to a homeless person and tell no one, that's sincerity, IMO. If I have my wife film me giving to a homeless person, then post that to SM, that's more of a "look what I did". It's the world we live in.

In the case of the OP, who really cares and good for them, but I do get what I think Faulty is trying to say.
Good for the florist, and to hell with the overboard gun assholes.
And just to be clear, I think the florist has every right to decline that service.

Yeah, you're an idiot.
Yup. Like I said. You clearly have no goddamned clue what's happening.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT