ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Stanley

Not a surprise. Making some dough on the practice squad is at least something. Nate's a kid who I suspect will do just fine in life post football if a pro roster spot doesn't pan out for him.
This was my comment almost 2 years ago and I still think it holds true now.
Nate was a solid, but unspectacular, big ten caliber QB. That's not nothing.
It's always possible he gets a camp invite with another team. Seems more likely, though, that he moves forward with his post football playing days life.

This was my comment almost 2 years ago and I still think it holds true now.
Nate was a solid, but unspectacular, big ten caliber QB. That's not nothing.
It's always possible he gets a camp invite with another team. Seems more likely, though, that he moves forward with his post football playing days life.
Coaching is in the veins.

Sight unseen Nate will throw for equal or more yards than DeShaun Watson this season.

Nate will always have a job waiting for him in New Jersey as an "Assistant Guru" at the Racioppi Throwing Academy.

Nate also won all three bowl games he started and finished second to Chuck Long in all the important passing categories. No, he wasn't flashy but a good consistent QB.
Except TD/Int ratio---where Nate is a clear no. 1

Just compare Nate to all the other three year starters? Tied for most wins and first in everything else, except completion %. Oh, tied for most wins so the Nate bashing that went on and still surfaces really has come to seem something more weird than simple delusion.

Except TD/Int ratio---where Nate is a clear no. 1

Just compare Nate to all the other three year starters? Tied for most wins and first in everything else, except completion %. Oh, tied for most wins so the Nate bashing that went on and still surfaces really has come to seem something more weird than simple delusion.

Nate was average

Nate also won all three bowl games he started and finished second to Chuck Long in all the important passing categories. No, he wasn't flashy but a good consistent QB.
What are these "important passing categories" you're referring to?

Nate was average
By what metric, certainly not by the standards of Iowa QBs. So, what part of reality are you living in?
What are these "important passing categories" you're referring to?
Career passing yards-2nd. Chuck Long started four years, so among 3 years #1. Completions, 2nd-1st among 3 years. Career TDs; wanna guess? Second, is the winning call and, of course, #1 among 3 year starters. TD/Int ratio. Well, much better than even Chuck Long in that.

By way of comparison Drew Tate, had a season with 22 TDs, with no running game, 20 and 18 jr and sr seasons. Drew only threw for more yards than Nate in their soph seasons, Nate threw for more yards as both a jr and sr. Nate way outperformed Ricky in their respective soph and jr seasons.

In fact, with the exception of Ricky's senior season, Nate threw more TDs (26) in his soph and jr seasons than any other QB in any season---wait BB might have thrown 26 his senior year -- of the Ferentz years. Rare company, is it not? Last, Nate's teams records improved every year, and he went out on a ten win year with a blow out of USC in a high visibility game.

So really I kind of meant what I said jonesy. Pretty much every single positive statistical category. Team wise, Nate's tied with Ricky at 27 wins as a starter, more than any other three-year starter in Iowa history.

Those are the numbers. Nate may have been "average" by some definition but not by comparison to almost every other QB that has played for Iowa in 125-130 years.​

By what metric, certainly not by the standards of Iowa QBs. So, what part of reality are you living in?

Career passing yards-2nd. Chuck Long started four years, so among 3 years #1. Completions, 2nd-1st among 3 years. Career TDs; wanna guess? Second, is the winning call and, of course, #1 among 3 year starters. TD/Int ratio. Well, much better than even Chuck Long in that.

By way of comparison Drew Tate, had a season with 22 TDs, with no running game, 20 and 18 jr and sr seasons. Drew only threw for more yards than Nate in their soph seasons, Nate threw for more yards as both a jr and sr. Nate way outperformed Ricky in their respective soph and jr seasons.

In fact, with the exception of Ricky's senior season, Nate threw more TDs (26) in his soph and jr seasons than any other QB in any season---wait BB might have thrown 26 his senior year -- of the Ferentz years. Rare company, is it not? Last, Nate's teams records improved every year, and he went out on a ten win year with a blow out of USC in a high visibility game.

So really I kind of meant what I said jonesy. Pretty much every single positive statistical category. Team wise, Nate's tied with Ricky at 27 wins as a starter, more than any other three-year starter in Iowa history.

Those are the numbers. Nate may have been "average" by some definition but not by comparison to almost every other QB that has played for Iowa in 125-130 years.​
I would think that the most important passing categories are Yards Per Attempt, Completion Percentage, Td/Int
Ratio, and Passer Rating. Since Long, seven QB's have a better YPA than Nate did. Since Long nine QB's have a better passing percentage than Nate did. Since Long 7 QB's had a higher passer rating than Nate. Nate did have the best TD/INT ratio in Iowa history, but he was far from leading every statistically important passing category since Chuck Long. Not even close.

And I'm not bashing Nate who I think was a solid quarterback at Iowa. Nevada's statement was categorically false.

I would think that the most important passing categories are Yards Per Attempt, Completion Percentage, Td/Int
Ratio, and Passer Rating. Since Long, seven QB's have a better YPA than Nate did. Since Long nine QB's have a better passing percentage than Nate did. Since Long 7 QB's had a higher passer rating than Nate. Nate did have the best TD/INT ratio in Iowa history, but he was far from leading every statistically important passing category since Chuck Long. Not even close.

And I'm not bashing Nate who I think was a solid quarterback at Iowa. Nevada's statement was categorically false.
You are entitled to your opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT