ADVERTISEMENT

National Baseball Card Day

Not sure how great it is but it's my favorite
s-l600.jpg

1976-topps-150-steve-garvey-nl-all-star-mint-9-89677.jpg

First card my cousin Kenny gave me to start collecting

At one time I had all the Topps Baseball sets from 1972 to 1994 and ALL of the Upper Deck cards from 1988 to 1995...every sport, every insert, all of them...

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Free packs on MLB The Show for today only. Make sure you log on and collect them.

Only good pull was a Walker Buehler

33e109c6d6be61e6f73ebe4a9cd68a17.jpg

Only Baseball card worth more than a buck is my Jordan Upper Deck Card. Other than that just a bunch of Shaq rookie cards.

Reactions: HumbleP1e
My best card. It’s perfectly centered, has 3 sharp corners with the 4th having a slight flaw. Good color. Guessing it’d probably grade around PSA 7 or 8.

1986-87-Fleer-Michael-Jordan-57-RC-Authentic-Rookie-Card.jpg

My kids are into cards now which is awesome as I was into cards as a kid. It's crazy how valuable the new cards are today... My son buys these $20 packs but he keeps getting these autographed cards with game worn jerseys in them. His collection is worth triple what my entire 10 year collection was in about 8 months worth of collecting.
He sent a rookie card to Mahomes to sign. Got a response back saying something along the lines of "Sorry Patrick doesn't do that, because he is an a-hole" about what I expected.
The GOAT TE George Kittle signed a rookie card and sent it back so did a few others. He sent out hand written letters with 50-100 cards around the NFL only received 5-6 back. I've got videos of him going to the mailbox and finding the self addressed envelopes that he sent the cards in. It's awesome. When he got the Kittle card back he fell to his knees and almost started crying he was so happy.
We posted the video on facebook and my aunt told me she had a few signed cards from George because apparently we have a family connection I didn't even know about...

I have a sealed full set of 2011 topps that I would like to trade for 2016, 2000, 1996, or 1998.

I have a sealed 86 Topps, 87 Topps, 88 Fleer and 89 & 90 Upper Deck (I think). I have a bunch of signed cards and baseballs. The most expensive is a Joe D. Signed ball
Wow a Joe D signed ball is pretty impressive. I have a Mantle ball w/ no COA or authentication to it at all. I need to send it in sometime to have it authenticated.

New sets of baseball are fecking insane. Check out prices for 2020 Bowman Sapphire. Comparative cards that would sell for $40-$50 ten years ago are in the $100's. Autos of Jasson Dominguez are half a grand and more for a 17 year old who hasn't played a college or minor league game. Common base cards are over $100.

A lot of new money must have come into the hobby.

PSA has upped their prices ($17-$19/ card) and wait times for grading. I waited 4 months for my last submission.

74042c1351041128.jpg

'52 Bob Feller, '58 Hank Aaron
4b76fe1351041136.jpg

'54 Parkhurst Gordie Howe

20200809-100038.jpg

Yzerman rookie

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT