ADVERTISEMENT

National Democratic Party Writing off Iowa

You really do have something of a recency bias problem, don't you?

As to the military, remind me again where the silos are? Where NORAD is HQ'd? You might also want to check your geography as to the location of our largest military bases. Now don't get me wrong - naval ops are great, and I hear San Diego and Pearl are lovely this time of year -- but have never been shown to be particularly effective at gaining or holding inland territory.
We're keeping all of these bases. We have the military. We can do what we want.

This seems like a fun game. What has democratic leadership gotten any blue haven?

How many times do you need to see gross overspending before you realize dems are great at coming up with ideas and atrocious at actually completing task?
Blue states, by and large pay more into the federal govt than redstates. Blue state contributions per capita: Connecticut ($15,643), Massachusetts ($13,582), New Jersey ($13,137), New York ($12,820) and California ($10,510). Red states, by and large, suck on the federal govt teat while bemoaing "excessive spending". Red state contributions per capita: Mississippi ($5,740), West Virginia ($6,349), Kentucky ($6,626) and South Carolina ($6,665)

Mississippi received $2.07 for every tax dollar it sends to Washington, Kentucky $2.89, Virginia $2.24, West Virginia $2.15, Mississippi $2.09, Alaska $2.07 and South Carolina $1.71. Florida, a Republican state, received $1.24 for every dollar it paid in federal taxes.

AQSV6PH54JHYVDI3FTMXZVO7ME.jpg

You want to curb govt spending...I've shown you where to start. Go.

We're keeping all of these bases. We have the military. We can do what we want.
Now that is comedy...

I mean, most of the left's politics is built on the assumption that pretty much all exercises of power are necessary in light of the hopelessly interconnected nature of a diversified national economy, and yet now when it comes to our unfortunate divorce, somehow it's all very neatly segregable. That happens in all of the divorces I'm familiar with. :)

Oh BTW, just to be clear, I live among the coastal elites.

Reactions: NCHawk5
Now that is comedy...

I mean, most of the left's politics is built on the assumption that pretty much all exercises of power are necessary in light of the hopelessly interconnected nature of a diversified national economy, and yet now when it comes to our unfortunate divorce, somehow it's all very neatly segregable. That happens in all of the divorces I'm familiar with. :)

Oh BTW, just to be clear, I live among the coastal elites.
We're also taking all your bbq with our Muscle Beach bodybuilders

• Haha
Reactions: Aardvark86
Indian giver,.. you left the bbq in post #29.
Actually, as I think about this, it is pretty much an impossibility. California law generally prohibits the importation of out of state pork raised in non-California specified conditions, which of course would apply in your scenario. At least until/unless Scotus strikes that down this term under the dormant commerce clause.

Its a surplus for its own sake. They avoid addressing the state's problems. What is the plan for getting and keeping younger people here? What is the plan for addressing toxic algae and other water problems?

You can't purchase solutions to those problems...

This is a silly argument re: value of blue vs. red areas.

The left needs to recognize that there is more to a nation than people—people are perhaps the most temporary feature amongst the defining features of a nation; also the resources extracted from red areas and the market dollars steered through the corporate apparatuses abundant in the blue areas surely skew the oft repeated statistics of federal expenditures vs revenue collected per state that many use to dismiss red dwellers as takers. That said, what the right needs to recognize could fill a book.

When we allow good people to throw up our hands and say “screw them, we will be fine in our blue areas,” we are failing the entire country and betraying the efforts of countless people in our country’s history who have fought for justice and progress.

The Democratic Party needs to do better in ALL of America, otherwise we are all screwed.

What does that even mean?

Agricultural chemicals are the primary driver of water issues in areas of heavy agricultural activity,.. Iowa is primarily an agricultural state,.. You will not change these (2) facts.

Agricultural chemicals are the primary driver of water issues in areas of heavy agricultural activity,.. Iowa is primarily an agricultural state,.. You will not change these (2) facts.

Sure you can. make the farmers either collect and treat runoff or not use those chemicals and enforce it.

This is a silly argument re: value of blue vs. red areas.

The left needs to recognize that there is more to a nation than people—people are perhaps the most temporary feature amongst the defining features of a nation; also the resources extracted from red areas and the market dollars steered through the corporate apparatuses abundant in the blue areas surely skew the oft repeated statistics of federal expenditures vs revenue collected per state that many use to dismiss red dwellers as takers. That said, what the right needs to recognize could fill a book.

When we allow good people to throw up our hands and say “screw them, we will be fine in our blue areas,” we are failing the entire country and betraying the efforts of countless people in our country’s history who have fought for justice and progress.

The Democratic Party needs to do better in ALL of America, otherwise we are all screwed.
It's a knee jerk response to red states condemning the federal government. Blue states don't threaten to secede.

Why don't you leave? Serious question. Aren't you from CR?

No. I am from IC. I am a 5th generation Iowan and once the youngest graduates HS I will likely go at least part of the year. I still own a house here. My kids will all be leaving the state I am sure. the oldest 2 are leaving out of state for grad school so I may see where they end up.

No. I am from IC. I am a 5th generation Iowan and once the youngest graduates HS I will likely go at least part of the year. I still own a house here. My kids will all be leaving the state I am sure. the oldest 2 are leaving out of state for grad school so I may see where they end up.
I have 3 kids myself. 2 in college and one still in HS. My oldest may go out of state to grad school but I'm fairly certain he will come back. He has said as much. I suspect my other two will stay as well but we will see.

I am going to a meet &greet demfunction in pocahontas(which is about as rural as it gets) tomorrow nite(taping Iowa game)
to meet Deirdre DeJear.
She has no money so she is just barnstorming Iowa JD Scholten-style.
I give her credit for coming to a very red county and want to express my appreciatiom for her effort.
Might never pay off for her but she is young so maybe down the road it will.

Reactions: JMNSHO
Blue states, by and large pay more into the federal govt than redstates. Blue state contributions per capita: Connecticut ($15,643), Massachusetts ($13,582), New Jersey ($13,137), New York ($12,820) and California ($10,510). Red states, by and large, suck on the federal govt teat while bemoaing "excessive spending". Red state contributions per capita: Mississippi ($5,740), West Virginia ($6,349), Kentucky ($6,626) and South Carolina ($6,665)

Mississippi received $2.07 for every tax dollar it sends to Washington, Kentucky $2.89, Virginia $2.24, West Virginia $2.15, Mississippi $2.09, Alaska $2.07 and South Carolina $1.71. Florida, a Republican state, received $1.24 for every dollar it paid in federal taxes.

AQSV6PH54JHYVDI3FTMXZVO7ME.jpg

You want to curb govt spending...I've shown you where to start. Go.
NTSA

I have 3 kids myself. 2 in college and one still in HS. My oldest may go out of state to grad school but I'm fairly certain he will come back. He has said as much. I suspect my other two will stay as well but we will see.
What is the approximate population of your town?

ADVERTISEMENT