ADVERTISEMENT

NBA 2019-2020 Season

Rudolph

HB Legend
Oct 18, 2001
Looked, no thread for this. Could add to the NBA China threads or the 2019 Draft thread. New thread, tough shit.

Inspired by the big news that Blazers just signed Carmelo.

Clearly this is a sign that everyone's favorite QB, Colin Kaepernick, will soon find himself back in the NFL.

NBA has been interesting so far. Celtics look free and having fun again post-Kyrie. I would consider voting Kemba Walker MVP at this point. Lakers and Clippers looking good. Would be a fascinating WCF. Luka and Unicorn, interesting tandem. West is so deep. East has way less depth but storylines, too.

What ya got @McLovin32? @BrunoMars420?

Last edited:
Blazers not looking good so far, and now they have Carmelo. Can't imagine he's going to be too happy when Dame is trying to drop 60 every night.

Blazers not looking good so far, and now they have Carmelo. Can't imagine he's going to be too happy when Dame is trying to drop 60 every night.
Who knows. Carmelo is a rhythm guy. Hard to play with rhythm with Harden, for sure, and Westbrook not so easy either. Weird thing is Carmelo fit in great in USA Basketball. It will be interesting to watch. Blazers move the ball pretty freely, not like Dame dominates it throughout the game, especially when they run through Nurkic at the high post. I hope it works. I'm kind of wanting Lilliard and McCollum to have a deep run, like WCF at least, before they inevitably get split up as it seems, well, inevitable these days.

I’m happy with how my Lakers are doing thus far. I was talking to a coworker yesterday though about how injuries are robbing NBA fans of a great season though. Klay, Steph, Boogie, Durant, Wall, and I’m sure I’m missing some other guys, all being hurt really sucks.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
This NBA season has been plagued with injuries so far but there is still a lot of great storylines and play.

Giannis wants to win back to back MVPs it is looking like. He is absolutely dominant right now. With Middleton being out for 4 weeks looks for giannis to up his game even more.

The west is as expected....tough. The battle of LA is just heating up with the return of PG13 last night. Idk if anyone can beat the clippers at full strength. Even on Kawhi’s days off without PG they play some very good ball. LeBron and AD are a fun duo to watch but let’s not forget about the return of Dwight Howard! He finally accepted his role and he is playing some very good ball. Rockets are always fun to watch with Harden and now they have Russ to make it extra entertaining. The Mavs are hit or miss but Luka is balling out of control. Straps needs to step up if they want to be taken serious as a contender. Also how about the suns and Twolves? Ayton is back in like 15 games but do they need him with the great Aaron Baynes playing like he is? KAT is doing him but what about Wiggins proving everyone wrong? Idk if the suns will keep this up but I think the Twolves are a legit playoff team this year.

The east is very top heavy. The raptors are playing a lot better then I thought they would. Spicy P is putting the league in notice and OG is having a coming out season. Bucks and sixers are doing what is expected of them and the Celtics are either really really good or they are overachieving. Nate Mcmillian have the pacers playing hard and winning games, they will be more fun to watch once dipo comes back. I also really like the Heat and their core and depth. If you haven’t yet, I suggest watching them play. They are going to be a very good team for years to come. One team to watch as the season progresses are the Hawks. Trae is playing out of his mind and once John Collins comes back they will be making a nice run for the playoffs.

ROTY is shaping up to be Ja Morants to lose. He is an absolute star. The Heat have a pair of rookies that are playing really well in Nunn and Herro. Coby White is showing tons of potential but is too inconsistent right now. RJ Barret will be a mainstay in NY until he leaves when his contract is up or he asks for a trade. PJ Washington played well in the preseason and it’s translating to the regular season. And you can’t talk about Rookies without Zion, can’t wait for him to baptize the league with his play.

Man I love the NBA!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT