Derrick Walton Jr (Michigan)
PJ Dozier (South Carolina)
Isaiah Hicks (North Carolina)
Frank Jackson (Duke)
Semi Ojeleye (SMU)
Davon Reed (Miami FL)
Thomas Welsh (UCLA)
Thomas Bryant (Indiana)

Thoughts? Pete got a team with 1 less player than 2 of them, so possibly better chances to play? Any matchup problems for him on the other teams?

Pete has just got to play passable defense and make his shots. He is being evaluated as a shooter. If he does that, he should be fine.

Team 1:
Rawls Alkins (Arizona)
Jamal Artis (Pittsburgh)
Peter Jok (Iowa)
Frank Mason III (Kansas)
Melo Trimble (Maryland)
Jordan Bell (Oregon)
Wesley Iwundu (Kansas St)
Moritz Wagner (Michigan)
Jonathan Jeanne (Nancy - France)

Team 2:
Andrew Jones (Texas)
Monte Morris (Iowa State)
Kadeem Allen (Arizona)
Dillon Brooks (Oregon)
Sindarius Thornwell (South Carolina)
Eric Mika (BYU)
Svi Mykhailiuk (Kansas)
Cameron Oliver (Nevada)
Devin Robinson (Florida)
Omar Yurtseven (NC State)

Team 3:
Kobi Simmons (Arizona)
Damyean Dotson (Houston)
VJ Beachum (Notre Dame)
Isaiah Briscoe (Kentucky)
Justin Jackson (Maryland)
Kyle Kuzma (Utah)
Kennedy Meeks (North Carolina)
Derrick White (Colorado)
Nigel Hayes (Wisc)

Team 4:
Jaron Blossomgame (Clemson)
Tyler Dorsey (Oregon)
Derrick Walton Jr (Michigan)
PJ Dozier (South Carolina)
Isaiah Hicks (North Carolina)
Frank Jackson (Duke)
Semi Ojeleye (SMU)
Davon Reed (Miami FL)
Thomas Welsh (UCLA)
Thomas Bryant (Indiana)

Thoughts? Pete got a team with 1 less player than 2 of them, so possibly better chances to play? Any matchup problems for him on the other teams?

Better hope Mason and Trimble are in sharing moods.... they like to score from PG spot so Pete might not get many looks.

Better hope Mason and Trimble are in sharing moods.... they like to score from PG spot so Pete might not get many looks.
EXACTLY what I was thinking. He would benefit by playing on a team with a distributing PG. However, those guys may want to prove that they can do that. Hard to change hard-wiring though.

Pete has just got to play passable defense and make his shots. He is being evaluated as a shooter. If he does that, he should be fine.

No...the exact opposite is true...everyone knows he can shoot...even if he struggles there his body of work will speak for itself...it is all the other facets of the game like ball handling (@AZmess ), defense, etc. where he needs to prove his worth.

I may be there tomorrow so I will update this thread at a later date if I am able.

Winning the 3pt contest shows something about Pete's shooting or why even have it. Think the scrimmages for him will be more about showing the other things he can do. Yes, play passable D, but also assists and rebounds, moving without the ball.

There is no reason whatsoever that Pete can't be just like Korver. Shoot and make your 3's and play just good enough d that he will make a team.

There is no reason whatsoever that Pete can't be just like Korver. Shoot and make your 3's and play just good enough d that he will make a team.

There are many reasons.

Kover is Scottie Pippen on defense compared to Jok.

Also Kover is so much better at running off screens its not even a comparison.

Hes one of the best ever at it, right there with Reggie Miller and Ray Allen.

Jok struggling to stay in front, but did get a play drawn up for him. Had some good things said regarding his "elite" shooting and contributions at Iowa by the commentators.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
There are many reasons.

Kover is Scottie Pippen on defense compared to Jok.

Also Kover is so much better at running off screens its not even a comparison.

Hes one of the best ever at it, right there with Reggie Miller and Ray Allen.

Korver learned all this stuff while in the NBA. He was the exact same player as Jok was in college, maybe a little better shooter and better overall, but for the most part their games were similar.

Unfortunately, I think this type of scenario is where his deficiencies tend to stand out and his strengths are masked. With Trimble and Mason driving the lane, they aren't looking to kick for 3 and instead are essentially leaving Pete to contribute on defense, which is not his forte against competition at this level.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Unfortunately, I think this type of scenario is where his deficiencies tend to stand out and his strengths are masked. With Trimble and Mason driving the lane, they aren't looking to kick for 3 and instead are essentially leaving Pete to contribute on defense, which is not his forte against competition at this level.
Got to agree with you. But I have to say that Mason looks a heck of a lot better than Trimble. Trimble looks good when he doesn't have the ball. The one who impresses me is Mo Wagner. With the right lineup, Pete will be in his zone. His defense will come.

Korver learned all this stuff while in the NBA. He was the exact same player as Jok was in college, maybe a little better shooter and better overall, but for the most part their games were similar.

Dissagree, Joks offensive game in college was allot of isolation and high screen and roll.

Kover was always an off the ball guy and his defense was always better.

In case you're interested, here are Jok's physical measurements from the combine. height without shoes: 6' 4.25", weight: 202.4 lbs, 11% body fat, 8.25" hand length, 9.5" hand width, , Standing reach: 8' 6", , and wingspan: 6' 8". I'm surprised he was that short.

In case you're interested, here are Jok's physical measurements from the combine. height without shoes: 6' 4.25", weight: 202.4 lbs, 11% body fat, 8.25" hand length, 9.5" hand width, , Standing reach: 8' 6", , and wingspan: 6' 8". I'm surprised he was that short.

I was most surprised at his body fat. That's a higher percentage than Niang! That said, I don't think it matters all that much, but it could play into the preconceived notions of Jok not quite being athletic enough.

I thought Pete was more like 6'6", so Iowa's other players must also be shorter than listed. I will be surprised if Pete can make an NBA team this year.

0-6, 0-3 from three. Had one rebound, one steal and two TO's.
Don't forget the 4 fouls in 22 minutes of play (I assume were all defensive fouls) which places the spotlight on his inability to guard his position.

Korver plays through the physicality of the defender far better than Jok. Jok wilts when his defender or defenders play physical with him. The games in which he struggled the most where games that he was roughed up by his defender.

I was most surprised at his body fat. That's a higher percentage than Niang! That said, I don't think it matters all that much, but it could play into the preconceived notions of Jok not quite being athletic enough.
McDonald's

QUOTE="K OKeefe, post: 4337919, member: 80332"]Korver plays through the physicality of the defender far better than Jok. Jok wilts when his defender or defenders play physical with him. The games in which he struggled the most where games that he was roughed up by his defender

Physicality has always been Joks (and Utoffs) kryptonite. He always struggled against teams that roughed him up and the NBA is that every night. On the bright side, I don't see many players on the Hawks roster that mind getting physical. That's a huge positive moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT