ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Baseball Regionals/Super Regionals Thread

@Alum-Ni ,what is the story on today's starters?

i just tuned in & i don't know anything about who's pitching!

TIA

EDIT: Arkansas is ALREADY going to their bull pen, bringing in Kopps (.74 ERA), trailing 1-0 and after walking the 1st 2 batters to start the 3rd inning

Last edited:

TIA

EDIT: Arkansas is ALREADY going to their bull pen, bringing in Kopps (.74 ERA), trailing 1-0 and after walking the 1st 2 batters to start the 3rd inning

WOW!!!

A bunt advances runners to 2nd and 3rd (1 OUT)

A ground out scores a run (2 OUTS)

A fly out is the 3rd OUT

NEBRASKA LEADS #1 OVERALL SEED ARKANSAS 2-0.

HEADING TO BOTTOM OF 3RD

Arkansas is done, picked a bad weekend to go ice cold offensively. Give credit to Nebraska, they’ve found a way to scrap.

Arkansas is done, picked a bad weekend to go ice cold offensively. Give credit to Nebraska, they’ve found a way to scrap.
God I hope this isn't a jinx :)

Huskers looked and played scared when these two teams met the first time.

Last time and today they seem to be embracing the moment.

Man I'm nervous. The winner gets a very favorable matchup in the Supers

TIA

Povich is working on 2 days rest (only went 3.33 inn). Looks good so far into the 5th

God I hope this isn't a jinx :)

Huskers looked and played scared when these two teams met the first time.

Last time and today they seem to be embracing the moment.

Man I'm nervous. The winner gets a very favorable matchup in the Supers

NC State is interesting to me. Kendall Rogers claimed a week ago they were playing some of the best baseball in the country, of course we saw how that can go week to week.

Those were some not so good at bats by Arkansas against the Nebraska reliever. Zero plate discipline. Gotta make him work a bit in the pressure situation.

It seemed that more fans showed up in Fayetteville as that went on.

Nebraska loses a from from this roster. I expect them to hit the portal heavy.

Nebraska fans on one of their boards are calling for electronic umps and strike zones. I hope that never happens.

Its mildly entertaining for me to see Arkansas fans trolling Nebraska’s baseball twitter account after Nebraska fans have done it on more than one occasion to Iowa.

My guess is that Arkansas doesn’t ultimately win the CWS. I feel like their starting pitching is not as dominant as it needs to be.

I think Razorbacks are #2 in the country in HRs. Welch a dangerous DH. 7-11 before the 3 run HR. Watched Arkansas all year. They are just too good and they will go to Omaha.

Reactions: Franisdaman
It's too bad the B1G Champ did not knock out the SEC's top team. That MIGHT have changed the narrative a bit regarding the B1G. All the Midwest teams hear is SEC this and SEC that. It's tiring.

Maybe because where I live, kids are practicing and playing baseball on many nice days in early Match. I feel it makes a big difference. I'm a big Hawkeye fan, but look at Iowa collegiate baseball. 2 of the 3 D1 Univ have cut the sport.

Moving the season start date into May would be a big step in leveling the field. Can’t understand why the NCAA refuses to change this.

Maybe because where I live, kids are practicing and playing baseball on many nice days in early Match. I feel it makes a big difference. I'm a big Hawkeye fan, but look at Iowa collegiate baseball. 2 of the 3 D1 Univ have cut the sport.
University of Wisconsin, too

Moving the season start date into May would be a big step in leveling the field. Can’t understand why the NCAA refuses to change this.

I think there is/was a proposal for starting the season later. Then covid happened and it got tabled for another day. Rick Heller talked about it on somebody's podcast. The problem is getting the ACC and SEC on board and doing what is right for the sport as opposed to what is selfishly in the best interests of your school/conference.

I think there is/was a proposal for starting the season later. Then covid happened and it got tabled for another day. Rick Heller talked about it on somebody's podcast. The problem is getting the ACC and SEC on board and doing what is right for the sport as opposed to what is selfishly in the best interests of your school/conference.
There was a proposal.

I think Sun Belt, C-USA, Big 12 and Pac-12 were also against it

There was a proposal.

I think Sun Belt, C-USA, Big 12 and Pac-12 were also against it

This is absolutely correct.

Unlike football and basketball, I'm not sure that the B1G has any leverage on the issue of moving the start date ahead 30 days. The B1G coaches/ADs can try to claim until they are blue in the face that it is good for the financial wealth of the sport in that "northern" schools can get more butts in the seats if the weather is warmer or that it is better for pitchers' arms and injury prevention to start later in the year . . . but it is pretty clear that one of the main reasons why "northern" schools want a later start is to be able to recruit better and make programs more attractive. There is little to no chance that the schools in the warmer parts of the country are going to go along with that.

EDIT: Bakich from Michigan was one of the leading B1G voices (along with Andersen of Minnesota). If "senior" and well-respected voices from the B1G can't generate momentum to delay the season start date by 30 days, then it is not likely that it will ever happen.

Also . . . I'd love to be a fly on the wall to listen to mid-major conference ADs when commenting upon whether they'd sign off on the B1G's proposal to delay the start of the season. I bet that they are more than happy to have a sport where they actually have some type of recruiting/competitive advantage.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT