ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tickets

LutherAce

HR All-American
Oct 31, 2002
Has anyone gotten a notification from Iowa that they've been awarded tickets to Tulsa? Had a friend say that they called the ticket office and was told they were only notifying the "winners". Curious if that has started happening or not.

Has anyone gotten a notification from Iowa that they've been awarded tickets to Tulsa? Had a friend say that they called the ticket office and was told they were only notifying the "winners". Curious if that has started happening or not.
I just called and they told me, that most likely they will only get enough for wrestlers/staff and guests. If any others are available season ticket holders will be emailed. Sounds like 3rd party ticket organizations have consumed alot of the tickets.

I am looking for tickets as well.

• Wow
Reactions: ping72
Got tickets through Iowa but they are in the 300 level. NCAA has become a bunch of sellouts. Almost all of the lower level is going to 3rd party sellers. The partner on the NCAA website wants $3k for a lower ticket. Miss the day of being a fan and getting a lower strip for $250 because you loved wrestling.

Agreed, it is becoming kind of a joke. Been a season ticket holder for almost 15 years and still cannot get any through the U of I. Hard to find 2 all session tickets that went make you go broke.

People list them for stupid prices in advance, but they come down just before the event.

Last year I almost got stuck with 2 tickets because I couldn’t find a buyer to take them at face value. 300 level, but low and dead center. The arena was about 70-80% full most sessions, I think a lot of speculators got stuck with tickets.

With that said: if anybody has 2 for face value, let me know. I learned my lesson about paying anything more.

Reactions: OldestandGreatest
Agreed, it is becoming kind of a joke. Been a season ticket holder for almost 15 years and still cannot get any through the U of I. Hard to find 2 all session tickets that went make you go broke.
I have had season tickets (2 to 11, averaging over 7) for 40 years, have donated (not a lot, I'm poor) to the I-club some years, and bought NCAA tickets from U of I at least 25 of the 34 I've gone to, and I don't qualify. Don't hold your breath.
I can't afford to go now, even if I get an email because I've spent enough upgrading my video system to watch at home. I won't have more TVs, but bigger ones this year. I'll have a 65", three 40-42", and a computer for mat assignments, along with surround sound to probably listen to KXIC on Iheart. I was going to use a 32" hooked to a laptop for mat assignments, but don't really have space in the room it's going into. I still have to leave my wife a TV for her to stream on in the house while the rest of us watch wrestling for three days. She goes to duals, but won't do college tournaments anymore, just grandkids' HS ones.

Reactions: tiltman and ping72
I have had season tickets (2 to 11, averaging over 7) for 40 years, have donated (not a lot, I'm poor) to the I-club some years, and bought NCAA tickets from U of I at least 25 of the 34 I've gone to, and I don't qualify. Don't hold your breath.
I can't afford to go now, even if I get an email because I've spent enough upgrading my video system to watch at home. I won't have more TVs, but bigger ones this year. I'll have a 65", three 40-42", and a computer for mat assignments, along with surround sound to probably listen to KXIC on Iheart. I was going to use a 32" hooked to a laptop for mat assignments, but don't really have space in the room it's going into. I still have to leave my wife a TV for her to stream on in the house while the rest of us watch wrestling for three days. She goes to duals, but won't do college tournaments anymore, just grandkids' HS ones.
You're like a Regency 16 theater now. Lol
Looks like you have it covered.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
i loved seeing the floor seats for the finals being 2/3 empty last year, **** the ncaa.

getting all session tickets is going to be more and more difficult. the secondary market sites are not set up to sell all session tickets, we had to do a lot of back and forth with seller to get all of our tickets.

the section we were in, endzone between lower and upper bowl, was 80% empty until the finals.

i loved seeing the floor seats for the finals being 2/3 empty last year, **** the ncaa.

getting all session tickets is going to be more and more difficult. the secondary market sites are not set up to sell all session tickets, we had to do a lot of back and forth with seller to get all of our tickets.

the section we were in, endzone between lower and upper bowl, was 80% empty until the finals.
That's what needs to happen (empty seats), but it won't change anything, because they can make as much money with less people by selling the way they are now and charging the prices they are now. The only hope is that the cities bidding start saying they want x number of people spending money and staying here. It is disheartening to think I might not get to go to any more after 30 years straight and 34 of 35. Being retired on a fixed budget and having a wife that wants to do other vacations means I can't afford to pay $600-1000 per ticket.:(

Reactions: SmartAggressive
I’ve posted this before but one way to get lower-level seats for a pretty reasonable price without the uncertainty or hassle of buying at the arena at the last minute is to buy through the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

It’s $400 per lower-level seat. You do have to donate $500 to the Hall of Fame for every 2 tickets you buy (a tax-deductible expense, so only about an extra $150 per ticket if you itemize your deductions). So if you itemize, the cost per ticket including the donation is about $550, plus it’s a good cause and you can earmark your donation for the Dan Gable museum in Waterloo. Also, you’re going to be sitting among knowledgeable fans who love the sport with a minimal chance of sitting among meatheads.

I’ve posted this before but one way to get lower-level seats for a pretty reasonable price without the uncertainty or hassle of buying at the arena at the last minute is to buy through the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.

It’s $400 per lower-level seat. You do have to donate $500 to the Hall of Fame for every 2 tickets you buy (a tax-deductible expense, so only about an extra $150 per ticket if you itemize your deductions). So if you itemize, the cost per ticket including the donation is about $550, plus it’s a good cause and you can earmark your donation for the Dan Gable museum in Waterloo. Also, you’re going to be sitting among knowledgeable fans who love the sport with a minimal chance of sitting among meatheads.

I think I may do that, good seats plus donation to Hall of Fame, win win. If you have more information on how to do this, that would be great.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I emailed the HOF and they have upper level tickets available. They are $320 a piece with the $500 donation for every 2 tickets.
Once you donate to the Hall of Fame and get on their mailing list, they’ll send you an invitation to buy tickets in their section with the donation ($500 per 2 tickets). So it becomes automatic.

You can always email or call (number easily found on their website). Lindsey is always very helpful. If you want lower-level seats, though, you need to order early, as evidenced by the fact that only upper-level seats remain in their section.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I have 4 in section 328 row K

Price is $1600 total

$400 will go to the HWC
$1200 will cover the tickets.. I don't make a penny on this.

To make it simple the first person who can pay a $400 deposit for me to hold the tickets gets them

acuhawk @ gmail

Sent you an email.

Reactions: Gobblin and acuhawk
Got tickets through Iowa but they are in the 300 level. NCAA has become a bunch of sellouts. Almost all of the lower level is going to 3rd party sellers. The partner on the NCAA website wants $3k for a lower ticket. Miss the day of being a fan and getting a lower strip for $250 because you loved wrestling.
It's not just the NCAA. Ticketmaster and these ticket brokers have been able to take over these venues for these in demand sporting events and concerts to the point that if you're just a normal fan it's hard to even get access to face value tix.

The worst part is Ticketmaster charges these crazy fees initially, then they have the verified resale market where they charge these insane fees on the marked up tickets. It's a total racket, sucks for the common fan. Something needs to be done about it but after 3 decades of people complaining about it its just not going to happen

Pretty sure most all the resale tickets on TM is all of NCAA darling On Locations inventory. Only listing individual sessions so ppl have to pay the crazy all session prices thru their “hospitality packages” Schools are held in the dark until last minute so ncaa and on location can have more time to sell their lowers and clubs. On Location bought Primesport who the ncaa used prior.

I’ve got two available from our group. Sec 317, at face value;

Update: SOLD

Last edited:
Pretty sure most all the resale tickets on TM is all of NCAA darling On Locations inventory. Only listing individual sessions so ppl have to pay the crazy all session prices thru their “hospitality packages” Schools are held in the dark until last minute so ncaa and on location can have more time to sell their lowers and clubs. On Location bought Primesport who the ncaa used prior.
Iowa maybe got 100 tickets for nationals even though we sellout Carver with season tickets. Tells you all you need to know about the NCAA and how they feel about wrestling fans.

Can't your wife head over to the neighbors for a couple days, thus freeing all the sets?

Can't your wife head over to the neighbors for a couple days, thus freeing all the sets?
It doesn't matter now. I guess I lied, sort of. I can't afford to go, but I am anyway. I got a call from the ticket office Tuesday, sat the wife down, and decided to make myself a loan out of an account we've been trying not to touch. I can't miss seeing Spencer's last go-round. I've seen all the previous 4-timers win theirs in person. I can't miss Spencer doing it if he gets it done. I know that sounds like I'm doubting him, I'm not, but that's why they wrestle the matches. I've seen three Hawks that I swore were locks to win get knocked off, Ed Banach, McIlravy and Metcalf, so I refuse to jinx Spencer by saying he's unbeatable.
A month ago, I wasn't planning on going to the B1G tournament or the NCAAs. Now I'm going to both.

ADVERTISEMENT