ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Thread

This is the problem with today's "Hot Take" mentality/approach in much of today's media. Getting clicks is what seems to matter more than anything else.

I like him. I think more often than not, he is good for the game. But anyone can throw @#$% against a wall to see what sticks, and then say "See I told you" even though 95% of it slid out of sight in the first minute.

I can tell you right now, three of the coaches he mentioned wouldn't even take an interview much less leave their current position for Lincoln.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
This is the problem with today's "Hot Take" mentality/approach in much of today's media. Getting clicks is what seems to matter more than anything else.

I like him. I think more often than not, he is good for the game. But anyone can throw @#$% against a wall to see what sticks, and then say "See I told you" even though 95% of it slid out of sight in the first minute.

I can tell you right now, three of the coaches he mentioned wouldn't even take an interview much less leave their current position for Lincoln.
I think hes alright to...was just wondering why the names are flying out already...the same day? Really Rogers???

My choice of words was wrong...

Nebraska fans won’t like this, but the guy(s) they should target if we want to be serious are in CB at Iowa Western and Sioux Falls At Augustana.

Nebraska fans won’t like this, but the guy(s) they should target if we want to be serious are in CB at Iowa Western and Sioux Falls At Augustana.
Rardin won't happen...

Great resume...

Not a big enough splash for Moos...

Debbie fans be like......WHO? Most of them dont know baseball outside of Nebraska..

Last edited:
Also if they want to poach from within the conference then go after Erik Bakich. He is the best coach in the conference IMO currently.

Barring a collapse of incredible proportion, Michigan will advance to a Regional Final. They are up 17-5 in 8th inning.

Nebraska doesn't need to look within the conference. They don't need to look at JUCO head coaches, regardless of how successful a particular individual at that level may be.

The position will draw plenty of quality candidates. The next hire will likely come from one of two pools:
1) an assistant from a strong Power 5 program (Ex: Jeff Hourigan)

2) a current head coach at a smaller but successful program (Ex: Jeff Duncan)

It would be advantageous to hire someone who has at least some experience at a northern/midwestern school. Knowing how not only to play, but also recruit to a cold weather environment may seem obvious, but it is crucial.

He'd be a great candidate.

Will Bolt will be a candidate. A lot of fans will want the school to pursue Rob Childress

Greenville Regional
East Carolina 10, Campbell 3
East Carolina 12, Campbell 3

East Carolina advances to Super Regionals

==============================

Louisville Regional
Louisville 4, Illinois State 3

Louisville advances to Super Regionals

Corvallis Regional

Michigan 17, Creighton 6

Michigan advances to Super Regionals

Oklahoma City Regional
Oklahoma State 3, Connecticut 1

Oklahoma State advances to Super Regionals

Los Angeles Regional

UCLA 6, Loyola Marymount 3

UCLA advances to Super Regionals

Stanford Regional
Stanford 9, Fresno State 7

Stanford advances to Super Regionals

Super Regional Matchups

Michigan (44-19) at UCLA (51-9)

Oklahoma State (39-19) at Texas Tech (42-17)

Mississippi (40-25) at Arkansas (44-17)

Florida State (39-21) at LSU (40-24)

Auburn (36-25) at North Carolina (45-17)

Stanford (45-12) at Mississippi State (49-13)

East Carolina (47-16) at Louisville (47-16)

Duke (34-25) at Vanderbilt (52-10)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT