ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tourny, by the numbers

Yes, I am in N NJ, been following NJ HS wrestling and Rutgers wrestling a long , long time. Been going to Districts, Regions and states since 1969. College (Rutgers) and HS football my first sports passion (I'm an ex NJSIAA football official). I come over here because of all the good NCAA and Big 10 Wrestling talk. The RU wrestling board is a bit slower. The NJ.com HS forum is the Wild West, lol, and I sometimes get caught up in the craziness there, especially w posters Cornell, and CR. Do you post there? If so , what poster name? PS- Herbert here ran a great fantasy draft pool
Originally posted by artradley:
Do you post on the NJ high school forum?

so what's the reasoning for the challenges again?....or should there be an independent reviewer....

Challenges Overturned
[/B]Challenges Overturned in 2015: 12 of 59
Challanges Overturned in 2014: 4 of 47

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Yes, I am in N NJ, been following NJ HS wrestling and Rutgers wrestling a long , long time. Been going to Districts, Regions and states since 1969. College (Rutgers) and HS football my first sports passion (I'm an ex NJSIAA football official). I come over here because of all the good NCAA and Big 10 Wrestling talk. The RU wrestling board is a bit slower. The NJ.com HS forum is the Wild West, lol, and I sometimes get caught up in the craziness there, especially w posters Cornell, and CR. Do you post there? If so , what poster name? PS- Herbert here ran a great fantasy draft pool
Originally posted by artradley:
Do you post on the NJ high school forum?
Thought I recognized the handle. I'm region 2 guy.

nj.com is a lot of fun; I'm not sure about Cornell, I think he's just yanking everybody's chains.

So 5 out of 170 1st round losers came back to become AA's.

This post was edited on 3/22 10:05 AM by Digger1

The stat that I would love to see is: Number of takedowns by the wrestler taking the shot vs. Number of takedowns by the wrestler countering the shot

Originally posted by Shafthawk:
The stat that I would love to see is: Number of takedowns by the wrestler taking the shot vs. Number of takedowns by the wrestler countering the shot
I'm not sure where you'd find that off the top of my head, but I have seen people compile that information previously. Perhaps someone that knows will see this and point you in the right direction. It is interesting stuff for junkies like us for sure.

Wow, All-Americans from 25 different states! That's awesome and I bet that number was much lower 25 years ago. The fact of the matter is that our sport is as healthy as ever. I do think we have a real opportunity to grow it at an even faster rate with a few rule changes though.

ADVERTISEMENT