ADVERTISEMENT

ND moving online

SoFla-Hawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 12, 2001
After only 1 week in person classes are moving online at ND. Students will remain on campus for now. If numbers do not go down students will be sent home.

After only 1 week in person classes are moving online at ND. Students will remain on campus for now. If numbers do not go down students will be sent home.

MSU just went online only for undergrads. Some students were back for partial in person classes.

And are they being hospitalized? Didn't they just also have a deal about the tests not being as reliable as first believed? If they are getting it and staying in and not having major issues then what is the issue? Like a 6 year old that tests positive but is bouncing around the house with no real issues. Sure, quarantine for 10 days or whatever but don't shut everyone else down.

Reactions: pmtdc and Pawkhawk1
And are they being hospitalized? Didn't they just also have a deal about the tests not being as reliable as first believed? If they are getting it and staying in and not having major issues then what is the issue? Like a 6 year old that tests positive but is bouncing around the house with no real issues. Sure, quarantine for 10 days or whatever but don't shut everyone else down.

Exactly. But they got all the money and enrollment locked in with their promise of in-person education. Now they can send everyone packing. $$$$ Nice

So like DMACC just more expensive.

at least next year student will have a very clear picture of what bullshit schools are pulling to grab tuition.

these moves you can only do once. Next nobody is going to believe them. They honestly thought they wouldn’t have outbreaks? Or perhaps they knew they would pull the plug instantly.

fact is after a few weeks the number of cases on campus wouldn’t be an issue and nobody would have died.

So like DMACC just more expensive.

at least next year student will have a very clear picture of what bullshit schools are pulling to grab tuition.

these moves you can only do once. Next nobody is going to believe them. They honestly thought they wouldn’t have outbreaks? Or perhaps they knew they would pull the plug instantly.

fact is after a few weeks the number of cases on campus wouldn’t be an issue and nobody would have died.
Derp

Yep, keeping them in residence halls and apartments will end the outbreak.

The narrative will improve greatly the day after the election if Biden wins. Will be winning the war on the virus then. It will still be scary though as they like an electorate in fear and in need of government help.

I am guessing heart related deaths and cancer deaths will magically be down in 2020. Just a hunch.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
The narrative will improve greatly the day after the election if Biden wins. Will be winning the war on the virus then. It will still be scary though as they like an electorate in fear and in need of government help.

I am guessing heart related deaths and cancer deaths will magically be down in 2020. Just a hunch.

"If Biden wins"? If voters in this country believed facts as easily as they believe every BS hoax and conspiracy theory the election would be a landslide even bigger than Iowa's demolition of Ohio State on Nov. 4, 2017.

This election is fundamentally about one thing: simple human decency. There is a pandemic. It is present everywhere in the world. More than 170,000 Americans have died, at least a third of whom would still be alive if it weren't for the hoax of a president who still refuses to do anything to control it. In fact, with his lies and misinformation, he has done all he can to keep it going. As a result, we have a mess worse than any other country in the world.

If you wanted football, you should have ignored the president and done what the experts told you to do six months ago.

If you wanted kids to go to school safely, you should have been wearing a mask and social distancing six months ago.

But if we still have so many million Americans who are so ignorant, racist, and uncaring as to continue to support tyrant Trump, well, what's the point of going to school anyway? School is supposed to teach you to use your brain to sort out lies from truth, to evaluate opinions based on verifiable evidence, to treat others as you wish to be treated. On those fundamental counts, the schools have failed miserably.

I'd love to see Kinnick filled with 70,000 Hawkeye fans in about three weeks. I'd love to see 15,000 people rocking Carver as Luka Garza leads Iowa to the Big Ten title and, perhaps, a national championship.

Instead, we have what we have--a president who the Russians are continuing to support so he can continue to dismantle this country from the inside. A Republican Senate committee just released that information. It's a provable fact. But you don't like facts. Shame on you. And God help the United States of America while there still is one.

"If Biden wins"? If voters in this country believed facts as easily as they believe every BS hoax and conspiracy theory the election would be a landslide even bigger than Iowa's demolition of Ohio State on Nov. 4, 2017.

This election is fundamentally about one thing: simple human decency. There is a pandemic. It is present everywhere in the world. More than 170,000 Americans have died, at least a third of whom would still be alive if it weren't for the hoax of a president who still refuses to do anything to control it. In fact, with his lies and misinformation, he has done all he can to keep it going. As a result, we have a mess worse than any other country in the world.

If you wanted football, you should have ignored the president and done what the experts told you to do six months ago.

If you wanted kids to go to school safely, you should have been wearing a mask and social distancing six months ago.

But if we still have so many million Americans who are so ignorant, racist, and uncaring as to continue to support tyrant Trump, well, what's the point of going to school anyway? School is supposed to teach you to use your brain to sort out lies from truth, to evaluate opinions based on verifiable evidence, to treat others as you wish to be treated. On those fundamental counts, the schools have failed miserably.

I'd love to see Kinnick filled with 70,000 Hawkeye fans in about three weeks. I'd love to see 15,000 people rocking Carver as Luka Garza leads Iowa to the Big Ten title and, perhaps, a national championship.

Instead, we have what we have--a president who the Russians are continuing to support so he can continue to dismantle this country from the inside. A Republican Senate committee just released that information. It's a provable fact. But you don't like facts. Shame on you. And God help the United States of America while there still is one.

Why can't Biden just get us all board positions on Ukrainian energy companies for six figure salaries? We are all as qualified for that as his kid was.

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn

and if you couldn't tell already, F you! Vote for your dementia ridden aged white guy. The party of diversity folks.

Why can't Biden just get us all board positions on Ukrainian energy companies for six figure salaries? We are all as qualified for that as his kid was.

Yet no problem with Ivanka “working” at the White House. Wonder if tRump makes her go without a bra.

Reactions: edohawk

Please explain in detail how this was ever a possibility. So much fail here.

Even though I don't agree with your left wing mentality, I do agree the pandemic was not handled correctly. Masks should be mandatory everywhere even if they help just a little.
I thought the shut down was warranted and for a while thought the plan was correct.

Things are usually in the gray area and not completely black and white. Trump has done some things well and has done some things poorly. It would be good for both sides to admit this. Seems like everyone is digging in their heels because they want to be right or point blank just won't listen.

Really? Is that all ya got? How about the tremendous qualifications Ivanka, Trump Jr., and Kushner have and, of course, the unparalleled qualifications of the chief fraud himself? The fake president is fighting like hell to keep anyone from seeing his financial info. Do you wonder why that would be given that every president for the last 50 years or so has willingly provided that information?

The litany of abuses and corruption that Trump and his minions have perpetrated on this country, many with the aid of the Russians, is unmatched in American history and rivals the records of such horrendous governments as those in Brazil and Venezuela.

Bottom line: Regardless of any political issues, regardless of any party affiliations, this election is about one thing: simple human decency. If you want a president who will continue to run this country off a cliff, one who is a certifiable racist, sociopath, pathological liar, egomaniac, traitor, criminal, then vote for him. If you want a decent human being in the White House, vote for the other guy. It's that simple. Look in the mirror. Who are you as a human being? Are you a decent person above all? Then you know what to do. Otherwise, God help you, and God have mercy on the United States of America--while there still is one.

Exactly. But they got all the money and enrollment locked in with their promise of in-person education. Now they can send everyone packing. $$$$ Nice

Yeah . . . I can't believe that universities guaranteed in-person classes and didn't raise any potential of classes going fully on-line or partially on-line. Crazy, huh?

JFC . . . Universities have been communicating constantly throughout the summer about these issues. Any notion that student were somehow duped or didn't make decisions with their eyes "wide open" is hopelessly naive.

Yeah . . . I can't believe that universities guaranteed in-person classes and didn't raise any potential of classes going fully on-line or partially on-line. Crazy, huh?

JFC . . . Universities have been communicating constantly throughout the summer about these issues. Any notion that student were somehow duped or didn't make decisions with their eyes "wide open" is hopelessly naive.

Are students receiving the same quality of education online? Should you pay in person prices for online education?

I think students thought more that a week would be "tried". Good effort tho ND.... And MSU is giving up already, out of FEAR

I don't see any of the yearly IT conferences that have gone to an online format asking the same high prices as the normal in person conferences...

Really? Is that all ya got? How about the tremendous qualifications Ivanka, Trump Jr., and Kushner have and, of course, the unparalleled qualifications of the chief fraud himself? The fake president is fighting like hell to keep anyone from seeing his financial info. Do you wonder why that would be given that every president for the last 50 years or so has willingly provided that information?

The litany of abuses and corruption that Trump and his minions have perpetrated on this country, many with the aid of the Russians, is unmatched in American history and rivals the records of such horrendous governments as those in Brazil and Venezuela.

Bottom line: Regardless of any political issues, regardless of any party affiliations, this election is about one thing: simple human decency. If you want a president who will continue to run this country off a cliff, one who is a certifiable racist, sociopath, pathological liar, egomaniac, traitor, criminal, then vote for him. If you want a decent human being in the White House, vote for the other guy. It's that simple. Look in the mirror. Who are you as a human being? Are you a decent person above all? Then you know what to do. Otherwise, God help you, and God have mercy on the United States of America--while there still is one.

The feces speaks!

Almost 50 years in office and now, just now Joe knows how to fix everything. Teddy Kennedy and Robert Byrd's good buddy Joe. Speaking from the Chase center which was quite appropriate since Joe loves credit card companies that prey on poor people. He's never suggested capping rates on credit cards. Credit card companies love Joe being based in Delaware, they have greased his skids over and over and over.

The whole them for the night was vote for me because I am nicer than Trump. LOL.

Are students receiving the same quality of education online?

I'd answer that with a definitive "maybe" and it "depends." Too many variables to answer that with a blanket "yes" or "no." I'd acknowledge that there are students who likely learn better in a classroom than watching on-line. I'd also acknowledge that there are teachers who are better in a classroom than on-line. That written, I think that there is definitely the possibility that some teachers (who were awfully "comfortable" with what they did semester in/semester out) have been forced to reconstitute their "status quo" and may have brought a new energy to their efforts.

Should you pay in person prices for online education?

What a university charges for tuition seems to be up to a particular university. What someone is willing to pay for in-person v. on-line education is an individual choice. Supply/Demand . . . Market forces, right? If a college or university "prices themselves out of the market," then they should see a huge drop in attendance, right? If a consumer of college education doesn't want to pay what that consumer believes to be "in person" pricing, then that consumer is not forced to buy.

A good friend of mine in Virginia has a son who was a rising Junior attending the University of Iowa. They elected not to return to Iowa City this Fall because they didn't want to pay out-of-state tuition for what would they anticipated would ultimately be on-line learning. Junior year will be spent at in-state college.

I think students thought more that a week would be "tried".

Try as I might, I simply cannot look into the head of a particular student and know what he/she might have wanted and/or expected. My point was simple. Universities have been communicating all Summer with students about what might/might not happen in the Fall. It is a highly dynamic and ever evolving situation. I find complaints about "I can't believe that they are shutting this down" more than a bit disingenuous. You either spent the Summer in the Amazon jungle or you made a decision with eyes wide open.

And MSU is giving up already, out of FEAR

If by "FEAR," you mean concern that COVID would spread rampantly across campus and throughout the campus population (students, educators, staff), then you are probably right.

I don't see any of the yearly IT conferences that have gone to an online format asking the same high prices as the normal in person conferences...

I'm not sure that some "IT conference" has the same cost structure that may exist at a college or university but, again, pricing decisions are made by the entity offering the service. No one . . I repeat no one . . . is being forced to buy the product.

The biggest idiot on Hawkeyereport is back. Everyone have a seat and listen to his drivel. Trump will win in a landslide and hopefully you will go away forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT