ADVERTISEMENT

Neb vs oklahoma

IAFB2021Champs

HR Heisman
Feb 6, 2012
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this game. I know we love to hate Nebraska but I actually think it would be a huge win for the big 10 if they somehow pulled off the W.
I’m actually leaning towards wanting them to win. However if they don’t win, I want them to lose by 50+. No close loss.

While I agree with you guys I would also love to see Oklahoma start to lose some of its power before it leaves for the SEC since them and Texas thought they were high and mighty. On the other hand it would be fun to watch Texas and Oklahoma turn into what Nebraska is since joining the big ten.

i think they will put up a fight and have a chance to pull it off. surely ne has had this circled for a while and will be flying around on sat giving it all they have. ne has always played us tough for instance.

ou will come in cocky and expecting an easy win like everyone’s saying and the huskers will channel us against the world.

Reactions: F5n5
As much as I hate to see Nebraska ever win, I would like to see them win, or keep it close. It would be a nail in the coffin should somehow Iowa State win the Big12, and/or it comes down to the B12 getting shut out of the CFP. "B1G Bottom Feeder Defeats B12 Powerhouse" would be a nice headline.

i think they will put up a fight and have a chance to pull it off. surely ne has had this circled for a while and will be flying around on sat giving it all they have. ne has always played us tough for instance.

ou will come in cocky and expecting an easy win like everyone’s saying and the huskers will channel us against the world.
The only reason it has been circled on their calendar is because they were trying to get out of it

The only reason it has been circled on their calendar is because they were trying to get out of it
they were sandbagging ou. lincoln riley now is certain that it going to be a easy win over a pushover and…..bam ne sucker punches the hell out of the sooners to a win and everyone will hold their breath wondering if ne is back. just watch.

I’m actually leaning towards wanting them to win.

hell-see-you-in-hell.gif

I can never bring myself to pulling for a nebby win. Just can't.

While seeing the cornholers completely demolished by any team is a good thing, I'm not so sure about oklahoma getting the job done. Being a big 12 team makes them automatically suspect as to how good they actually are.

ou win is certainly very likely, but them pulling it out in a close one wouldn't be surprising.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I can never bring myself to pulling for a nebby win. Just can't.

While seeing the cornholers completely demolished by any team is a good thing, I'm not so sure about oklahoma getting the job done. Being a big 12 team makes them automatically suspect as to how good they actually are.

ou win is certainly very likely, but them pulling it out in a close one wouldn't be surprising.
Agree. The best in the Big12 is always similar to a mid pack B1G team.

• Haha
Reactions: Golf_Bravo_Romeo
it might come down to either Iowa or Oklahoma gets chosen to be in the Playoffs... so I gotta root for Nebraska...

its moments like these when Giants fall and give way to opportunity for someone else to take its place.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
I hope Nebraska loses every single sports contest they ever play in from here to eternity. No Hawk fan should ever say they want to see Nebraska win in any sport. In order of teams I root against every single week:
1. Nebraska
2. Minnesota
3. Wisconsin
4. ISU
Those are my “top 4” to lose every week too. 😉

I always pull for Big10 teams out of conference expect for Little Debbie. This is one where I'll be happy no matter the outcome. If Debbie should pull it off, it makes it look good for the BIg10 bottom feeder to beat the B12 shining star. If Debbie gets pounded, there is equal joy in that.

Oklahoma will cover, easily.

Frost trying to avoid playing the Sooners probably adds 14 points to the margin.

While I agree with you guys I would also love to see Oklahoma start to lose some of its power before it leaves for the SEC since them and Texas thought they were high and mighty. On the other hand it would be fun to watch Texas and Oklahoma turn into what Nebraska is since joining the big ten.
Nebraska was going backwards before it joined the B10

• Haha
Reactions: Golf_Bravo_Romeo
surely ne has had this circled for a while . . .

"A while" as in before or after Scott Frost was trying to orchestrate dropping OU from the schedule in favor of a team like Bethune-Cookman?

A very good friend of mine is an OU grad and maintains connections in the athletic department. His son is currently an OU athlete but not on the football team. He tells me that Lincoln Riley would like nothing more than to humiliate Scott Frost by piss pounding the Huskers. (OK . . . I"m sure that he'd like to win the national championship more but you get the point)

If there is a chance, I'd expect Riley to do exactly to Nebraska what Wisconsin did in the 2012 B1G championship game. No. Taking. Foot. Off. The. Gas.

here is a stat the nebbies absolutely hate

Under Tom Osborne Neb and Oklahoma met 13 times when both teams entered the game ranked in the top 10 - the game was almost always the last game of the season

Neb was the higher ranked team in 7 of those meetings

in those 13 games --- Tom Osborne was 2-11

My thoughts are 42-10 Oklahoma

Nebraska is on a 2 game winning streak which tied for their longest winning streak since 2016. The Nebraska tabloids are out and about saying "Frost"s vision is taking shape " after beating Fordham and Buffalo, despite losing to 1-2 Illinois who lost to UTSA and got smoked by Virginia.

Last edited:
For one day I am a Nebraska fan. Let's do it. Put those Sooner bastidges on their asses and flip off the SEC and Big 12.
Hell no. Never. Not gonna happen.
The ONLY times I might want Nebraska to win are (in order):
  1. If a Nebraska win helps Iowa significantly. If Nebraska beating Team A means Iowa goes to the B1GCG or CFP, then so be it.
  2. Vs ND (and only if ND has a good record. If ND's record is 0-11 I would want ND to win. If they are both 0-11 then a tie. If they are both 11-0.... hahaha, jk)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT