ADVERTISEMENT

Nebby AD Discusses Iowa Rivalry, Nebby Wants Iowa Targets Bad

Iowa’s not a rivalry though if you ask their fans.

Nebraska and Iowa is a good rivalry due the level of dislike. The Michigan Ohio State rivalry is we are special compared to the rest of the conference, and there is respect between the schools which is lacking in Iowa and Nebraska. Have to go back replay the Miguel Recinos and Keith Duncan kicks in the
off season. .
Iowa’s not a rivalry though if you ask their fans.

Nebraska looks like it may get 3-4 Iowa recruits this year. Has to be concerning to Iowa and maybe even moreso ISU. Nebraska hasnt really recruited Iowa for about a decade plus under previous staffs.

Iowa recruits at Nebraska
2020 - Blaise Gunnerson
2019 - Mosai Newsom
2016 - Rairdon (Nebraska legacy)
2008 - Ben Cotton (Nebraska legacy/Dad was OL coach)

That's it since at least 2002. Thats crazy when you think about it. Add another 3-4 this year, Nebraska could be starting to develop the pipeline into Iowa.

Nebraska looks like it may get 3-4 Iowa recruits this year. Has to be concerning to Iowa and maybe even moreso ISU. Nebraska hasnt really recruited Iowa for about a decade plus under previous staffs.

2020 - Blaise Gunnerson
2019 - Mosai Newsom

That's it since at least 2002. Thats crazy when you think about it. Add another 3-4 this year, Nebraska could be starting to develop the pipeline into Iowa.

So far for the most part the Iowa staff has gotten their guys they have wanted. Might change some with Fiddone and Bollers. Iowa is going to be stacked at TE and he is closer to Lincoln so that might be an easy sway for him. Bollers seems to be the kind of kid that wants to get away from home so would not be shocked to see him not come to Iowa. My guess is he ends up at Wisconsin but we shall see.

2020 - Blaise Gunnerson
2019 - Mosai Newsom

They have recruited Iowa...
2020 - Logan Jones, Josh Volk, Gavin Williams
2018 - John Waggoner
2017 - Mark Kallenberger
2016 - Shaun Beyer

All Iowa kids who picked Iowa, and had Nebraska offers. So it’s not like Nebraska has avoided Iowa like you’re saying. Some of those Iowa classes weren’t that talented. This 2021 class is as loaded and talented as I recall for Iowa.

Reactions: Hitmanfan
They have recruited Iowa...
2020 - Logan Jones, Josh Volk, Gavin Williams
2018 - John Waggoner
2017 - Mark Kallenberger
2016 - Shaun Beyer

All Iowa kids who picked Iowa, and had Nebraska offers. So it’s not like Nebraska has avoided Iowa like you’re saying. Some of those Iowa classes weren’t that talented. This 2021 class is as loaded and talented as I recall for Iowa.

Nebraska is going to lose out to Iowa for an instate recruit most of the time. Same thing with Iowa when recruiting Nebraska.

Im sure they have offered recruits in Iowa over the past decade, but haven't seen the type of activity the past decade plus. Nebraska has really ramped up recruiting efforts there since Frost came aboard.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Fidone grew up in Tekamah, NE and moved to Iowa to live with I assume his father a few years ago probably because of his desire to enhance his athletic abilities. Word is he was probably a Husker fan before the move. Hopefully, Logan Jones might help him see the light.

Fidone grew up in Tekamah, NE and moved to Iowa to live with I assume his father a few years ago probably because of his desire to enhance his athletic abilities. Word is he was probably a Husker fan before the move. Hopefully, Logan Jones might help him see the light.
If the kid can't see for himself where "TE U ", is then he's blind and would be of no use anyway.....:oops:

Reactions: blhawk

2020 - Blaise Gunnerson
2019 - Mosai Newsom

They aren’t getting 3-4 that Iowa want.

If the kid can't see for himself where "TE U ", is then he's blind and would be of no use anyway.....:oops:
He’s already stated that Iowa’s loaded with TE’s, meaning he may be looking elsewhere because of it. And is he really considered Iowa when he grew up in Nebraska and is a Nebraska fan.

It is really early in the 2021 recruiting process. I have no issue with these young men taking their time.

Breaking down our in-state uncommitted offers:

I still think Bollers will go to Stanford if they offer. Intelligent Young man who is looking at his future beyond football.

Fidone is probably a Nebraska lean but if he truly wants an NFL future he should strongly consider the Hawks. Their pro-style offense utilizes TE's like no other.

Bowie is the perfect fit for Iowa. Iowa is a good fit for him and with his 6' 5" frame and motor he fits Iowa's defense end mold.

Brecht need not look far if he wants to play two sports. Iowa loses two WR's in next years class so he should be able to come in and get playing time. In addition, Iowa baseball is on the rise.

In the end I'm hoping for two and hopefully three of these young men becoming Hawks.

I can not grasp kids who live in Iowa not being Hawkeye fans or even cyclone fans, UNI. Take Bollers, a legacy and in Hawkeye country. Would have to assume (and read) he grew up a Hawkeye. Many experts have said he is whiskeys or Stanford’s to lose.No loyalty these days. Epenesa could have went anywhere, but guess what. HE STAYED LOYAL TO HIS TEAM. Go Hawkeyes!

Reactions: naturalmwa
Fidone knows who te U is and it's not nebby. Early playing time is a huge sell for Frost though.

Bollers will go to Wiscy or Stanford if they offer. To say nebby's in the lead there is a joke.

Bowie and Brecht are Hawks.

Lutovsky didn't make the progress this past year the Iowa coaches wanted to see. Therefor no offer. Great size but athletic ability is a question. Iowa has two good ones already, Colby probably is the best in the midwest.

I can not grasp kids who live in Iowa not being Hawkeye fans or even cyclone fans, UNI. Take Bollers, a legacy and in Hawkeye country. Would have to assume (and read) he grew up a Hawkeye. Many experts have said he is whiskeys or Stanford’s to lose.No loyalty these days. Epenesa could have went anywhere, but guess what. HE STAYED LOYAL TO HIS TEAM. Go Hawkeyes!

Different world today. Lot more exposure on tv and online that a couple decades back.

Nebraska has also offered 4 Iowa commits in 2021, three in-state. Good luck on their quest.

Because it may be about more than just football.

His tweet saying something to the effect that he was wondering why the Iowa coaches hadn't been in contact much, recently, tells me he's enjoying the notoriety too much. That's not a trait KF seems to relish.

He's a good football player, but not a great athlete. If he thinks he's a linebacker in college...best of luck to him.

Reactions: TtotheL

2020 - Blaise Gunnerson
2019 - Mosai Newsom

Rairdon was highly touted by UN. Never started and just quit football.

Reactions: 4norsemen
His tweet saying something to the effect that he was wondering why the Iowa coaches hadn't been in contact much, recently, tells me he's enjoying the notoriety too much. That's not a trait KF seems to relish.

He's a good football player, but not a great athlete. If he thinks he's a linebacker in college...best of luck to him.

You really don't like this kid do you?

You really don't like this kid do you?
Not the case at all. The Iowa coaches obviously see something they like because he got an offer. Was it because of the optics of being a legacy recruit and CCA being so close to Iowa City? Could be.

I've seen him play in three sports. He's normally been the biggest kid during those competitions. His high school teams have never won conference/districts that I'm aware of in any of those three sports. A P5 recruit should dominate in Iowa 3A.

But what do I know. I only have two eyes.

Reactions: TtotheL
Nebraska has also offered 4 Iowa commits in 2021, three in-state. Good luck on their quest.
Yes but to be fair, Nebraska offers at least twice as many players than Iowa (or nearly any other team for that matter). Why wouldn't they offer Iowa players?

@millhawk pretty much nailed it above...

Bowie and Brecht will be Hawks. That gives Iowa at least 6 of the top 9 in-state recruits (nice). Iowa never offered Lutovsky, and Bollers seems to be favoring other schools. Iowa still has a great shot with Fidone - his top three right now is Iowa, Nebraska, and Michigan. However, he has made a point of mentioning how deep Iowa is at TE right now - so he might not want to compete for playing time with so many young and talented players at his position already.

Reactions: millhawk
Not a lot revealed there. If Bowie decides to go somewhere else other than Iowa, I would be shocked. But that's just me. Bollers, that ground has been trod a lot, he apparently wants to play OLB in a 3-4. Best of luck to him wherever he goes, whether it's Iowa or elsewhere.
If Bollers wants to play in the 3-4 and decides to stay in the BiG, Bucky would be the clear choice if he wants to contribute on a good defense.

Fidone knows who te U is and it's not nebby. Early playing time is a huge sell for Frost though.

Bollers will go to Wiscy or Stanford if they offer. To say nebby's in the lead there is a joke.

Bowie and Brecht are Hawks.

Lutovsky didn't make the progress this past year the Iowa coaches wanted to see. Therefor no offer. Great size but athletic ability is a question. Iowa has two good ones already, Colby probably is the best in the midwest.
Fidone, if he doesn't go to Iowa should go to LSU or Georgia, where he has a chance to compete at a high level, going to Little Debbie gets him nothing other then playing close to home.

Reactions: millhawk
Bollers does seem destined for another school. If it’s nebraska it’s nebraska, but I’m hoping it’s out of conference or a Wisconsin. I still think he’d grow into a hell of a DE at Iowa tho.

Fidone hasn’t committed anywhere yet.... I think TE U + Jones @ Iowa will help. We have a loaded TE sure....but that’s just recruiting hype. We play a lot of 2 TE sets and at the moment LaPorta is the only sure thing. Miamen hasn’t proven anything and nothing is guaranteed for the new freshman. I say come in and compete. Nebraska isn’t exactly known for their TE usage.

ADVERTISEMENT