ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska AD Fired Scott Frost Today

LuteHawk

HR Legend
Nov 30, 2011
This morning Nebraska Athletic Director Trev Alberts
fired Scott Frost after a humiliating loss yesterday.
Scott had 16 wins and 31 losses and never got a winning
program started. Asst. HC Mickey Joseph was named the
interim Head Coach for the remainder of this season

Last edited:
program started. Assistant Head Coach was named the
Mickey Joseph is the interim Head Coach. He is another former Husker Quarter Back. He has actually a really solid recruiter.

program started. Assistant Head Coach was named the
Didn't see that coming.

program started. Asst. HC Mickey Joseph was named the

Shucks...

• Haha
Reactions: Finance85
I think he probably meant didn’t see it coming before 10/1 when his buyout dropped. There was no way he was surviving the season after starting 1-2 (likely 1-3).
Yeah. That’s crazy. I was predicting the firing occurring at 12:01 a.m. October 1.

Not sure what you gain by not waiting a few weeks, but maybe it was done as a favor to Frost.

Yeah. That’s crazy. I was predicting the firing occurring at 12:01 a.m. October 1.

Not sure what you gain by not waiting a few weeks, but maybe it was done as a favor to Frost.
It's hard to tell what was going on behind the scenes, but I would guess it was going to cost more than the $7.5 million to keep him, or the $7.5 million was put up by someone.

It's hard to tell what was going on behind the scenes, but I would guess it was going to cost more than the $7.5 million to keep him, or the $7.5 million was put up by someone.
And it's always going to be tough to let go of a coach who was a past Husker hero, and seemed like the most likely to understand the program and lead it back to its glory days.

Reactions: Gimmered
And it's always going to be tough to let go of a coach who was a past Husker hero, and seemed like the most likely to understand the program and lead it back to its glory days.
I'm sure Trev actually likes Frost and care about him, he was also a Black Shirt back when that had meaning. That had to be painful to watch last night.
He may have done it now to show that keeping him this year wasn't about the money, but honestly about giving him another opportunity.

On a brighter note for the Iowa faithful, unless something happens really soon, we will fix your struggling offense in November, so you won't need to change coaches.

• Haha
Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm sure Trev actually likes Frost and care about him, he was also a Black Shirt back when that had meaning. That had to be painful to watch last night.
He may have done it now to show that keeping him this year wasn't about the money, but honestly about giving him another opportunity.

On a brighter note for the Iowa faithful, unless something happens really soon, we will fix your struggling offense in November, so you won't need to change coaches.
And that may or may not be a good thing at this point ;)

• Haha

I think it probably had something to do with about one or more of the 4 biggest donors saying do something or you get a big amount less than usual.

They were so close to turning the corner
I think we were seeing different attempts at that turn

minor-inconvenience-minor-inconvenience-meme.gif

I think he probably meant didn’t see it coming before 10/1 when his buyout dropped. There was no way he was surviving the season after starting 1-2 (likely 1-3).

As of last night, a couple of us started a bet on when it would be. The Husker fan felt like it would be Oct 1, I felt like it would be this week. After the latest flop, this gives them all season to advertise for the job and to not have to be wishy washy on what they are doing. Doesn't look like the season will be getting easier....

Interesting stories coming out now that Frost is gone.

My buddy is a big N guy, he is convinced there will be a number of stories about Frost coming out. Moral turpitude (stepping out on his wife), him running practices until people puked, etc, etc.

Also through it was funny all the news articles about Urban Meyer being there to be the next coach. I could swear it sounded like call the game (for the little of it I watched).

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT