ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska fans somehow got more annoying

I'm just baffled how they find a new excuse every damn year. We keep hearing just wait but however many years here we sit a 5 win blue blood powerhouse of a program.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
They don't seem to realize their AD was on the scheduling committee.

Meanwhile, Urban Meyer said Iowa has the toughest schedule in the West and OSU the easiest in the East (which it is).

Reactions: FlickShagwell
No way I can agree with Urban on this one. Nebraska does clearly have the hardest schedule in West.

He specifically said that Iowa was the more difficult schedule because of the sequence of games - Minnesota and Penn State on the road in consecutive weeks.

I'm not convinced it's that bad for Nebraska. Opening day is often the best time to play a top opponent, because they haven't had time to gel. Plus, without fans the Shoe won't be as big of a home field advantage.

That's true. Ohio State may only win by 5 TDs instead of the more likely 7 TD victory they would have gotten with fans in the stands.

They don't seem to realize their AD was on the scheduling committee.

Meanwhile, Urban Meyer said Iowa has the toughest schedule in the West and OSU the easiest in the East (which it is).
I don’t understand what Urban was thinking when Iowa and Nebraska play the same teams except Nebraska plays OSU and Iowa plays MSU. Plus Iowa plays Nebraska and Nebraska plays Iowa so Iowa’s schedule is easier there as well.

Last edited:
Little Debbie has lost 4 or more games in a season 16 years in a row.

Frank Solich (Pelini coached the bowl game?) went 10-3 in 2003. That team was ranked as high as #10 in the country.

Here is a look at the 16 years since that 10-3 season in 2003:
2004: 5-6 Bill Callahan (4 years)
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
2008: 9-4 Bo Pelini (7 years)
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
2015: 6-7 Mike Riley (3 years)
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
2018: 4-8 Scott Frost (2 years)
2019: 5-7

Last edited:
Other than the travel and familiarity aspect...there really are no road or home games this year. They're pretty much all neutral site games. When there are no fans, there's nothing particularly scary, discombobulating. or intimidating about The Shoe, Big House, Camp Randall, Kinnick et al.

Does beg the question....will they still do The Wave this year with no fans??

Reactions: naturalmwa
I don’t understand what Urban was thinking when Iowa and Nebraska play the same teams except Nebraska plays OSU and Iowa plays MSU. Plus Iowa plays Nebraska and Nebraska plays Iowa so Iowa’s schedule is easier there as well.

Iowa's schedule is easier. Michigan State instead of Penn State. I get the argument of "sequencing of games" but no one knows really how good these teams outside OSU will be. Minnesota should be pretty good, especially if Bateman is back. But they lost some on the defense too. They open with Michigan, which will tell us a lot.

The opener with Purdue has a chance to be a toss-up. People have been saying it's going to be Purdue's year ever since Brohm got there, and injuries, bad defense and weird losses in close games have derailed them. if Moore is back, their offense is potentially very good with he and David Bell. They canned their d-coordinator. If Petras isn't nervous beyond belief in his first game, Iowa has a chance to put up 30+ in that first game, and they may need to win at West Lafayette. If Iowa gets that first one, I like our chances to go 4-0 out of the gate.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Other than the travel and familiarity aspect...there really are no road or home games this year. They're pretty much all neutral site games. When there are no fans, there's nothing particularly scary, discombobulating. or intimidating about The Shoe, Big House, Camp Randall, Kinnick et al.

Does beg the question....will they still do The Wave this year with no fans??
KF said they will continue the wave. It will continue with players from both teams.

Little Debbie has lost 4 or more games in a season 16 years in a row.

Frank Solich (Pelini coached the bowl game?) went 10-3 in 2003. That team was ranked as high as #10 in the country.

Here is a look at the 16 years since that 10-3 season in 2003:
2004: 5-6 Bill Callahan
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
2008: 9-4 Bo Pelini
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
2015: 6-7 Mike Riley
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
2018: 4-8 Scott Frost
2019: 5-7

One of my favorite stats I like to throw out as well when they come here spouting off on the glory days touting themselves as a blue blood. Said thing even with a 8-9 game schedule they’ll most likely make it 17 in a row. Not to jump ahead too much but their 21’ schedule is brutal. Osu, Michigan and Sparty cross over games with a non conference trip to Norman to play OU.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Nebby fans are in the same boat as their coaches... members of the B1G wishing they were back in the Little Eight.

If Moos wasn't getting that fat check from the conference offices, he would feel the same way.

The Huskers just need to realize that they're going to remain irrelevant while in this conference.

Why do they care, they're a Volleyball school.

Nebraska has hands down the toughest schedule in the west. Ohio State and Wisconsin back to back, ouch. Tv ratings probably play a part in those games getting scheduled out of the gate.

Reactions: Hawks4Life86
He specifically said that Iowa was the more difficult schedule because of the sequence of games - Minnesota and Penn State on the road in consecutive weeks.
@ Minnesota and @ PSU this year is definitely not harder than @OSU and vs Wisconsin in back to back weeks.

It would be so awesome and fitting to see them go 0-4 to start the year.. I think the conference leaders must realize how annoying they are with any success at all. Shutting them up early and often is a favor to everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT