ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska head coaching position

hawkaeg80

HR MVP
Dec 28, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Has M. Cambell coached himself out of the Nebraska head coach position? They lost again yesterday, to make their record at 4-6. This is after last year when we were told that it was the best ISU team ever and laid an egg. I don't think Nebraska will sign their interim coach. They are just plain bad. With that being said, Nebraska v. Iowa scares me to death. I don't think they will win with 146 offensive yards.

Has M. Cambell coached himself out of the Nebraska head coach position? They lost again yesterday, to make their record at 4-6. This is after last year when we were told that it was the best ISU team ever and laid an egg. I don't think Nebraska will sign their interim coach. They are just plain bad. With that being said, Nebraska v. Iowa scares me to death. I don't think they will win with 146 offensive yards.
Matt Campbell is no longer a "hot" commodity. No big name team wants him. If he were to leave ISU, it would be a lateral move at best.

It appears they won't even make a bowl game.

Campbell made a huge mistake by not taking the Washington job last year.

As for Nebraska, they will once again be humbled when all the coaches they think they can get pass on the offer. Meyer, Rhule, O'Brien, Aranda, Kiffen, Sanders will all pass and stay where they are or take better offers.

Nebraska isn't the job their fan base believes it to be.

Nebraska isn’t holding anyone to 146 yards

You do recall that Nebraska lost to Northwestern and gave up 31 points in doing so? And if you are comparing Wisc. defense with Nebraska's, you are sadly mistaken.

Nebraska should give Kiffin the bag...he wants out of Ole Miss and the B10 is much more manageable. The West is piss awful. $150m new facilities and great fanbase. Nebraska can turn it around quickly with a good staff.
The B1G is dissolving divisions when UCLA and USC join, and may even do it before next season.

Jees. Like you think Nebraska has Wisconsins defense? Think more like Purdue, and what will the cornholers be playing for on Black Friday? If we win at Minny we'll be playing for back to back west titles and a decent bowl. This game will not be as close as the last several have.......

Nebraska should give Kiffin the bag...he wants out of Ole Miss and the B10 is much more manageable. The West is piss awful. $150m new facilities and great fanbase. Nebraska can turn it around quickly with a good staff.
The problem with this is he would be walking to a “new” division less Big Ten with two more top 25 teams added.

Campbell made a huge mistake by not taking the Washington job last year.

As for Nebraska, they will once again be humbled when all the coaches they think they can get pass on the offer. Meyer, Rhule, O'Brien, Aranda, Kiffen, Sanders will all pass and stay where they are or take better offers.

Nebraska isn't the job their fan base believes it to be.
Perhaps they can hire Turner Gill or Tommy Frazier. They both know "the husker way".

Iowa's offense is bad. Nebraska's defense is worse. If Nebbie scares you to death you could use some serious counseling.

Jees. Like you think Nebraska has Wisconsins defense? Think more like Purdue, and what will the cornholers be playing for on Black Friday? If we win at Minny we'll be playing for back to back west titles and a decent bowl. This game will not be as close as the last several have.......
And it's in Kinnick. I expect Nebby to fold before the end of the 3rd quarter.

Iowa's offense is bad. Nebraska's defense is worse. If Nebbie scares you to death you could use some serious counseling.
I just don't see what Nebraska has to play for. A big group of transfers, coaches who know they are on their way out the door, playing on a short holiday week? I can see a scenario like 2017 where Nebby has packed it up and gives two shits about the game and Iowa beats the piss out of them, even with our offense.

I just don't see what Nebraska has to play for. A big group of transfers, coaches who know they are on their way out the door, playing on a short holiday week? I can see a scenario like 2017 where Nebby has packed it up and gives two shits about the game and Iowa beats the piss out of them, even with our offense.
They've already packed it in. Zero future in Lincoln. No idea why every recruit they have with any options at all isn't looking elsewhere already.

Matt Campbell is no longer a "hot" commodity. No big name team wants him. If he were to leave ISU, it would be a lateral move at best.

It appears they won't even make a bowl game.
And recruiting has fallen off the table outside of Kohl's ranking. And I think he's overrated with very slow footwork and a typically weak ISU OLine... that's a disaster waiting to happen.

My money is on Mike Gundy to Nebraska. Not because I think it is a good fit but moreso because I want to see the postgame handshake between Ferentz and Gundy in which KF will look something like this:

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT