ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska head coaching position

Regarding Wisconsin.....I think they will as his next 2 games they should be able to handle. He was already the odds on favorite and he will be 5-2 (most likely) as interim coach before a bowl game.

Explain your POV, please.

ISU throws the ball well under Matt Campbell. Their offense is suited for successful QB play. Kempt and Purdy were both far better than Petras has been. Even Lanning, Park and Dekkers were/are better than Petras, all things considered. Kohl is the highest rated QB that ISU has ever signed. I don’t see him carrying an abysmal 114 rating, like Petras.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ISU throws the ball well under Matt Campbell. Their offense is suited for successful QB play. Kempt and Purdy were both far better than Petras has been. Even Lanning, Park and Dekkers were/are better than Petras, all things considered. Kohl is the highest rated QB that ISU has ever signed. I don’t see him carrying an abysmal 114 rating, like Petras.
A year ago, Clone fans were giddy about having a mobile QB. I've seen Kohl play and I wouldn't call him mobile.

Without elite receivers and a serviceable OLine, Kohl won't survive. All these drills at camps that got him highly regarded don't have onrushing DLinemen bearing down on him.

But I guess we'll see who's correct.

On a side note........Will Wisconsin hire their interim coach??

I would if I was them. If they don’t someone else is going to offer him a P5 HC position soon and then they would have two huge holes to fill.
Wisconsin would be foolish to let Leonhard slip away to another job. The guy is one of the best DCs in the college game, period. I suspect he will be a very good HC as well. I was really impressed with his presser following the Iowa game, he's a good coach, it's obvious. That's why I'm hoping they don't hire him.

Looks like it's Rhule. I'll be shocked if they're still stuck at 3 wins per year. Even a program like Nebraska can't suck that bad can they?
According to Wikipedia, “during his tenure at Baylor, Rhule’s teams never defeated a ranked team.”

Sounds like the perfect fit for Nebber.

Seriously, though, how the fvck do you go 11-1 in a P5 conference without beating SOMEONE who was ranked?

Nebraska can't compete with the Wisconsins and Iowas of the world and you think adding the likes of USC, UCLA and perhaps Oregon is more up their alley?
It will help a lot with recruiting for Nebraska ...and we technically match up better vs those teams as of late though anything can change with a new coaching staff.

It will help a lot with recruiting for Nebraska ...and we technically match up better vs those teams as of late though anything can change with a new coaching staff.
This will be the answer for Nebraska, I mean it this time, I know I said it was that HC well and that HC and that other HC…. And I really thought that coordinator and that other coordinator or was it this recruiting class or that other recruiting class….
Lather, rinse, repeat
I do admire the consistency.

This will be the answer for Nebraska, I mean it this time, I know I said it was that HC well and that HC and that other HC…. And I really thought that coordinator and that other coordinator or was it this recruiting class or that other recruiting class….
Lather, rinse, repeat
I do admire the consistency.
Nebraska lost all footings when they left the B12 to the B10...it's a small population state with little talent and surrounded by nothing besides other schools have have footings. Adding teams West of Nebraska will help (never said it was the most important piece).

“Nebraska should give Frost the bag...he wants out of UCF and the B10 is much more manageable. The West is piss awful. $150m new facilities and great fanbase. Nebraska can turn it around quickly with a good staff.”

- Nebby Delusionals 2017-
Oh and Ohio State was gonna have to change how they play because Scotty was coming to the Big Ten!

Nebraska lost all footings when they left the B12 to the B10...it's a small population state with little talent and surrounded by nothing besides other schools have have footings. Adding teams West of Nebraska will help (never said it was the most important piece).
The move did not do them any favors. The inability of the fans that post in these forums to realize that and continue to live in the heydeys are what prompts the sarcasm.
Imagine if Nebraska was a small population state with minimal talent AND shared the state with another P5 school, man would that be tough..........
Good thing that Trev killed that other football program that was draining the walk on program for Nebraska, then they had to rely upon their top 25 recruiting classes, their new coaches, their loyal fanbase(legit), the sell out streak(not legit).....it just goes on and on.

The move did not do them any favors. The inability of the fans that post in these forums to realize that and continue to live in the heydeys are what prompts the sarcasm.
Imagine if Nebraska was a small population state with minimal talent AND shared the state with another P5 school, man would that be tough..........
Good thing that Trev killed that other football program that was draining the walk on program for Nebraska, then they had to rely upon their top 25 recruiting classes, their new coaches, their loyal fanbase(legit), the sell out streak(not legit).....it just goes on and on.
The state of Iowa has produced 20 top 500 players 2020-2023....Nebraska has had 9.... 1.2 million more people in Iowa with a much better track to Illinois where Iowa has gotten a lot of good players. Kirk has also done a good job knowing what they are and has been coaching since 99'. ISU historically rarely gets good in-state kids and before 5 years ago was the worst p5 school all-time.

Lots of buzz that Nebraska’s next HC is going to be Matt Ruhle. He has a career record of 47-43 as a college HC with 1-2 bowl record and was 11-27 in the NFL with the Panthers and fired after game 5 this year.

Lots of buzz that Nebraska’s next HC is going to be Matt Ruhle. He has a career record of 47-43 as a college HC with 1-2 bowl record and was 11-27 in the NFL with the Panthers and fired after game 5 this year.

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Temple Owls (American Athletic Conference) (2013–2016)
2013Temple2–101–7T–9th
2014Temple6–64–46th
2015Temple10–47–11st (East)L Boca Raton
2016Temple10–37–11st (East)Military*24
Temple:28–2319–13* Departed Temple for Baylor before bowl game
Baylor Bears (Big 12 Conference) (2017–2019)
2017Baylor1–111–89th
2018Baylor7–64–5T–5thW Texas
2019Baylor11–38–12ndL Sugar1213
Baylor:19–2013–14
Total:47–43

44-22 after Year 1s

Reactions: Iafootballfan
YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Temple Owls (American Athletic Conference) (2013–2016)
2013Temple2–101–7T–9th
2014Temple6–64–46th
2015Temple10–47–11st (East)L Boca Raton
2016Temple10–37–11st (East)Military*24
Temple:28–2319–13* Departed Temple for Baylor before bowl game
Baylor Bears (Big 12 Conference) (2017–2019)
2017Baylor1–111–89th
2018Baylor7–64–5T–5thW Texas
2019Baylor11–38–12ndL Sugar1213
Baylor:19–2013–14
Total:47–43

44-22 after Year 1s
... and not a single win over a P5 team that was ranked. I hope he is their choice.

How might it benefit Nebraska more than other B1G teams? Your statement is not at all clear as it concerns that.

Furthermore, you claimed that Nebraska would match up better against those west-coast teams anyhow. How does that compute given that Trev Albert is essentially on record stating that the Huskers have to build themselves up more to execute the B1G style of "grind-ball?"

Trev recognizes that the Husker program has lacked toughness and discipline ... and that is first and foremost, most evident given their play in the trenches. They haven't been able to match the level of most of their B1G competition ... and losses have ensued ... lots of 'em!

There were a lot of people here who were worried about the Frost hire here so even if Rhule is I'll take a wait and see approach. Granted lot here who thought that Frost would end up as he did. Big thing with new coach will be seeing player retention and among recruits. Because Nebraska roster full of mercenary transfers already this year with 12-15 transfers. Rhule did well in the Big 12 and short time at Temple. That being said I've seen lot of other "home run" hires flop in the Big 10 be it Scott Frost or Rich Rod at Michigan.

• Haha
Reactions: D_Lovin_HawkeyeGuy
Wtf are you talking about?

Your recruiting rankings since joining the B1G
2012 25th
2013 17th
2014 32nd
2015 31st
2016 24th
2017 20th
2018 21st
2019 15th
2020 17th
2021 18th

Nebraska hasn't been in the Big 12 for 11 years. How the hell long does it take to get "footings" elsewhere? Ya know, being a blueblood and all.

FFS, the excuses with you people the past decade.

Nebraska should give Kiffin the bag...he wants out of Ole Miss and the B10 is much more manageable. The West is piss awful. $150m new facilities and great fanbase. Nebraska can turn it around quickly with a good staff.
After next year,there is no longer divisions. I think any BIG job would be attractive. If you suck,big deal,you still get paid. But Nebby fan expectations are unreasonable. They still think they can play for National championships. No coach will ever satisfy them.

According to CBS Sports, Matt Ruhle has turned down an offer to coach Nebraska ...

Lol at the best they could come up with was Matt Drool.

Temple was HOT though.

ADVERTISEMENT