ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska hype

I think people are assuming that brining all those transfers will get them on the right track. That is a big if though. It worked last year for Michigan State but other teams that brought in a ton of transfers it didn't work out. Depends on the players and the program. I don't see the QB as an upgrade. I think their OL is suspect as well. Defense might be ok.
Thats the thing. Bringing in all those castoffs its important to have a solid coaching staff and culture. Nebraska has neither. Frankly if you have those you probably wouldn't be needing to overhall the roster with that many new players. Tucker gets a pass for the mess Dantonio left in his wake. Frost, not so much......

I think its possible that if Frost and company can get their crap together and coach some decent special teams, and play some offense that is a little less mistake-prone, that they can dead cat bounce this thing into a decent bowl game. This is a year where the West isn’t great and their schedule lets up on them a bit, even the Oklahoma game doesn’t seem terribly daunting given the emasculation of the program by Lincoln Riley on his way out.

However, the overall talent on that roster is pretty terrible. Its kind of weird that the local media still beats the drum that they’re the “most talented team in the West” when they haven’t been able to keep any four-five star talent healthy, academically eligible, out of legal trouble, or on the roster in general. The guys that survive that still play like crap.

Just count your blessings that Iowa hasn’t made a hiring mistake that grievous since Todd Lickliter and that we don’t have to double down on a bad hand with keeping the head coach and firing a bunch of assistants when you know those guys can’t pull up on the flight stick hard enough to avoid a worst case program crash and burn. The longer Frost stays the worse the recruiting will be and the longer it will take the next staff to fix.

All of that just to avoid paying a huge buyout and fire a native son - but they’re just delaying the inevitable.

Maybe Nebraska has an on field performance this year that matches up to their expectations, but EVERY year they have finally got he solution until they step on the field. With NIL money to burn and enough transfers in to choke a horse you’d have.to think they might have a unit that could win in spite of Frosty. They have to prove it to me. Bold prediction is they go 6-6

• Love
Reactions: KoolaidGuzzlinHawk
Not a stupid statement,.. Been to both numerous times and they both suck, but between the two I have generally enjoyed visits to Lincoln more than Minneapolis.
Genuinely curious what you have against Minneapolis. I’ve been many times myself and have always had a great time. At some point maybe it’s just you?

Reactions: BBHawk
Genuinely curious what you have against Minneapolis. I’ve been many times myself and have always had a great time. At some point maybe it’s just you?
This. There is really no comparison between the 2 areas. The Twin Cities has more of the arts, culture, natural beauty, and overall things to do. Obviously they have NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL teams, all with good if not rabid followings. Lincoln has the Huskers. If you choose Lincoln over the cities, it really does not reflect well on you. 🙂

This. There is really no comparison between the 2 areas. The Twin Cities has more of the arts, culture, natural beauty, and overall things to do. Obviously they have NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL teams, all with good if not rabid followings. Lincoln has the Huskers. If you choose Lincoln over the cities, it really does not reflect well on you. 🙂
You sure it's not all burnt down?

Is there any team that would play Nebraska this season where we would say we want Nebraska to win?
The only possible game I would want them to win is the game that saves Scott Frost's job bringing them to a bowl worthy 6-5 before their annual loss to the Hawks to end the season. The administration and fans will be touting the 3 game improvement in their record from last year along with 3 more almost wins as proof that Frost has turned the corner towards restoring them to greatness and we get to keep him for another year. 😃

• Haha
Reactions: KoolaidGuzzlinHawk
Years ago, I never thought of Nebraska as much more than a trip up game for Iowa. I think, honestly, Illinois deserves more hype than Nebraska with the Beilemoth at the helm....but....Frost and the drama queen Nebby fans need constant attention so they get it.

@RubrumluvsitITB

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT