ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska @ Iowa Baseball

Mar 14, 2003
Three game series, nebraska is pretty potent offensively so we will see how the weekend goes.

Looks like Mathews, Kuebel, and Peyton for Iowa on the mound.

Calvin Mathews is really turning into the kind of Friday started you can build around. I feel good for these guys, would be huge to win the series.

Good win Iowa.

Heck of a waste of a great start and outing for Christian DeLeon who threw eight scoreless innings.

Originally posted by Alum-Ni:
Good win Iowa.

Heck of a waste of a great start and outing for Christian DeLeon who threw eight scoreless innings.
Thanks. Could have said the same about Mathews' start had Iowa lost.

One more thing about the Friday game, anybody ever seen a college umpire yell back at the crowd when they question a non-strike being a called?

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
One more thing about the Friday game, anybody ever seen a college umpire yell back at the crowd when they question a non-strike being a called?
That happened? What did he yell?

Can't say I've ever seen an umpire decide he needed to explain his call to the fans.

That's kinda funny.

It was just one of those days where Iowa gave Nebraska too many free bases and free passes especially in that 3rd inning, along with one costly error that allowed them to get three runs.

Iowa was able to hit the ball as they outhit Nebraska 11-10 the problem for Iowa was it seemed everything got going with two outs.

This Iowa team is closer than I think some realize.

Hawks take the series with a 8-4 victory. put up 4 in the 8th to break open a 4-4 game. another solid pitching performance today only allowing 6 hits.

We count gymnastics now too? Damn. How'd the cross country matchup go?

Wait.....I don't want to know.

At least we have ladies sports to fall back on.

:)

This post was edited on 3/23 4:39 PM by Alum-Ni

I agree...gymnastics smack talk is kind of weak.

Back to this baseball team, I think they can do some good things this year. I mean sure, the schedule has not been the strongest. However, with that being said I HIGHLY doubt Iowa is 14-6 and 2-1 in the B1G with Jack Dahm with the same schedule.

I think Rick Heller and company have done wonders for this program, especially when you look at how improved offensively Iowa is.

Iowa's schedule might not have been tough but it has built up the confidence on your team.. and that can go a long ways.

Originally posted by Alum-Ni:
We count gymnastics now too? Damn. How'd the cross country matchup go?

Wait.....I don't want to know.

At least we have ladies sports to fall back on.

:)

This post was edited on 3/23 4:39 PM by Alum-Ni
I think the men's gymnastics team beat Neb. twice and the women's team lost once to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT