ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Match Thread

So you are saying if a pin occurs after prematurely awarding the two backs, the pin would not count? I’d like to see the wording of that rule.
yes that is 100% correct as long as the brick came in on time to challenge

That makes no sense in this case. He counted 2. He then counted 4 on the same hold and was going to incorrectly make it 6 backs vs the 4 it should have been. A correct review should be to recognize the hold didn't change and then give 4 total backs based on that fact. He awarded 2 extra backs after the 4 count and so review and get rid of the 2 extra backs.
nope unfortunately. everything after the mistake is dead time. so he awards the 2 incorrectly at :29. woods turns him again at :25. after the review, they restart at :29 because that's when the change is made. everything after is wiped off.

frustrating nuance in the replay rules. sometimes it makes sense, others - like this one - it doesn't. in freestyle, they just rescore the exchange, but that sometimes has drawbacks too. see the yianni-zain final x controversy. they let the exchange go on for 30 seconds. yianni thinks he's winning, so he doesn't try to score again. they stop with 5 seconds left, then review and change the score, so yianni is losing. he now has no opportunity to come back.

Not TWOOO sure why you left off #1 Lee vs #3 Cronin? Maybe you just feel SL is just gonna kill him?

In any case lets have some fun with it!

What does SL do against #3?

Pin in first, pin in 2nd, pin in 3rd?
Tech in 1st, 2nd, 3rd?
Win by major, win by decision?

I am taken PIN in 1st!!!
No need to mention that matchup. Spencer will like pin him in the first minute.

So a major isn't good enough? He's like 9-1...what more did you expect?
Read my own reply..I was sitting at the meet watching him pummel this kid but doing no scoring. Literally as I sent, he turned it on.
Let's see how he fairs against the big dogs, I hope he's a repeat NC in his career.

I'm not saying he is moving up to get away from Spencer (not that I would blame him), but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I think it is a brutal cut for him as he has missed weight multiple times in the last couple years and making a tough cut to stay at 125 with the juggernaut that is Lee isn't the smartest move a Princeton student could make. That is my two cents anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT