ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska offer list over 400

Are you really that stupid? You want to bet so bad...I’ll take the Hawkeye defense against your “Blackshirts” defense on lowest points allowed for the regular season. You name how much big shot!

I am down for that bet. 1 million internet dollars...no no wait...2 million internet dollars and my Boji lake house!

You in???

Please point to where I specifically called an opinion of mine fact. I'm sharing my opinions/predictions on the future of Neb football based on logic, common sense, and Frost's prior results. I use that data to make educated guesses. I'm also factoring in college football experts opinions and they like Neb in 2019.

Could the offense be slowed down...could the defense (which I'm much less confident about) not get better...could anything happen? Of course. Neb could go 0-12 or maybe 12-0. What if what if what it...same can be said about Iowa. What if the TEs don't produce...what if the receivers don't step up...what if the DL depth or lack-there-of creates problems...what if injuries happen to key players...what if...

You really have no idea what I've thought about or not do you. Iowa could be better, sure. However, from the outside looking in I see they lost their 3 top pass catchers...two of which were difference makers. Do they replace two 1st round TE talents to match that production? I'd expect their receivers to pick up some of the slack, but how much? What about Hooker and a few top DL that were lost...are the replacements just as good or better...IDK...do you? I think it's safe to bet Iowa will be an 8 win team give or take a win. Schedule on paper looks tougher. Neb schedule looks easier...again on paper.

This notion that now B1G DC have film on Frost's offense so it will be stopped is funny. Maybe it happens...most likely not. There is plenty of film on Frost's offense. Iowa had 10 games of film on Martinez and he still played pretty well against them. Historically teams typically make large improvements from yr 1 to yr 2 in new systems. You don't think a full year learning a system would help and entire team? Imagine if Iowa brought in a new staff, new O and D systems, and had to run those with their current players...do you think it would take time to master that system? Maybe 8 months isn't long enough?

I get it with Iowa fans...I really do...you want to see it first...okay, I do as well. I'm confident you won't like what you see. And if Iowa blows out Neb in Lincoln, even though they couldn't do it last yr in IC, then good on them and it'll suck for Husker fans. What if Neb blows the doors off Iowa and Lincoln...I wonder if all this bluster Iowa fans have built up mostly during the Riley era calms down a bit? We'll see soon enough.

The Riley era was/is not the new Neb norm as may of you seem to think/wish. Are the 90's coming back...nope. But there is no reason Neb can't win 8-9-10-11 games per season and at least match something like what Wisc has done recently.

So you DO get it.

The second bolded statement is what we hear every damn summer from Husker fans. So forgive us for sitting back and saying "prove it".

You can put together all the data and expert picks you want, none of it matters until you prove it on the field.

Reactions: sltldowney
So you DO get it.

The second bolded statement is what we hear every damn summer from Husker fans. So forgive us for sitting back and saying "prove it".

You can put together all the data and expert picks you want, none of it matters until you prove it on the field.
Fair enough. Being that it can't be proven yet and a lot of arrows are pointing in a positive directions for the Huskers...I'm perfectly happy to be enthusiastic about 2019 and beyond. Many on here...not saying you...but may have made it clear they expect to continue to see Riley like results.

Fair enough. Being that it can't be proven yet and a lot of arrows are pointing in a positive directions for the Huskers...I'm perfectly happy to be enthusiastic about 2019 and beyond. Many on here...not saying you...but may have made it clear they expect to continue to see Riley like results.

I have a feeling the "many" you are talking about are just responding to the trolls. I'd say a majority expect Nebraska to get better under Frost.

Some of the huskers that come over here are so over the top, of course they're going to get blowback.

Be optimistic, have a ball, just keep in mind we're optimistic on our future too. We've been steadily increasing our talent these past few classes.

Look, the only thing we’re saying is:
1) Prove it. Prove it. Prove something. Maybe if you’d have gone 6-6,7-5 then you could use terms like progress, and potential.
2) Riley 4-8, Frost 4-8. It’s the same, except you have a much better QB and better offensive mind at HC. But potential is just potential.

I think at this point most everyone including Nebraska fans are waiting for a proven product on the field. Scott Frost is downplaying the media hype and also saying it means nothing. Let's just let the next couple seasons play out and see how good Nebraska will be under Frost, recruiting wise and their on field record. My guess is they will be contending for the Big title with Iowa and Wisconsin.

Reactions: wkato
Please point to where I specifically called an opinion of mine fact. I'm sharing my opinions/predictions on the future of Neb football based on logic, common sense, and Frost's prior results. I use that data to make educated guesses. I'm also factoring in college football experts opinions and they like Neb in 2019.

Could the offense be slowed down...could the defense (which I'm much less confident about) not get better...could anything happen? Of course. Neb could go 0-12 or maybe 12-0. What if what if what it...same can be said about Iowa. What if the TEs don't produce...what if the receivers don't step up...what if the DL depth or lack-there-of creates problems...what if injuries happen to key players...what if...

You really have no idea what I've thought about or not do you. Iowa could be better, sure. However, from the outside looking in I see they lost their 3 top pass catchers...two of which were difference makers. Do they replace two 1st round TE talents to match that production? I'd expect their receivers to pick up some of the slack, but how much? What about Hooker and a few top DL that were lost...are the replacements just as good or better...IDK...do you? I think it's safe to bet Iowa will be an 8 win team give or take a win. Schedule on paper looks tougher. Neb schedule looks easier...again on paper.

This notion that now B1G DC have film on Frost's offense so it will be stopped is funny. Maybe it happens...most likely not. There is plenty of film on Frost's offense. Iowa had 10 games of film on Martinez and he still played pretty well against them. Historically teams typically make large improvements from yr 1 to yr 2 in new systems. You don't think a full year learning a system would help and entire team? Imagine if Iowa brought in a new staff, new O and D systems, and had to run those with their current players...do you think it would take time to master that system? Maybe 8 months isn't long enough?

I get it with Iowa fans...I really do...you want to see it first...okay, I do as well. I'm confident you won't like what you see. And if Iowa blows out Neb in Lincoln, even though they couldn't do it last yr in IC, then good on them and it'll suck for Husker fans. What if Neb blows the doors off Iowa and Lincoln...I wonder if all this bluster Iowa fans have built up mostly during the Riley era calms down a bit? We'll see soon enough.

The Riley era was/is not the new Neb norm as may of you seem to think/wish. Are the 90's coming back...nope. But there is no reason Neb can't win 8-9-10-11 games per season and at least match something like what Wisc has done recently.
Blah, blah, blah...Nebraska players by and large just aren’t tough enough.

Look, the only thing we’re saying is:
1) Prove it. Prove it. Prove something. Maybe if you’d have gone 6-6,7-5 then you could use terms like progress, and potential.
2) Riley 4-8, Frost 4-8. It’s the same, except you have a much better QB and better offensive mind at HC. But potential is just potential.
The difference last season between 4-8 and 6-6 or 7-5 was razor thin. Progress happened from game one to game 12. Those that watched it saw it, hence the hype for 2019. If Neb had started 4-2 and finished 0-6 the hype wouldn't be there.

If you only look at it surface level (record) it's the same. If you look at how Frost's team played compared to Riley's team, esp how they actually got better as the season went on...not the same at all.

I think you’ve said enough Z. Anything more on the way out.

Feel free to stop back when you actually have something football related.

But for now hit the showers, grab a protein drink and rest up. Nov 29th is coming quickly.

Reactions: Hawk Writer
The difference last season between 4-8 and 6-6 or 7-5 was razor thin. Progress happened from game one to game 12. Those that watched it saw it, hence the hype for 2019. If Neb had started 4-2 and finished 0-6 the hype wouldn't be there.

If you only look at it surface level (record) it's the same. If you look at how Frost's team played compared to Riley's team, esp how they actually got better as the season went on...not the same at all.
Yep, and Iowa was 4 plays away from being undefeated and playing for the B1G Championship and possible playoff spot. Yet it didn't happen.

Most teams, including Iowa, can say the same thing. Iowa lost several close, frustrating games.

Yep, and Iowa was 4 plays away from being undefeated and playing for the B1G Championship and possible playoff spot. Yet it didn't happen.
Person I was replying to referenced Riley's 4-8 and Frost's 4-8 as the same...no improvement. I pointed out a distinct and obvious difference. How Iowa did or didn't do is irrelevant to the discussion that was being had.

Most teams, including Iowa, can say the same thing. Iowa lost several close, frustrating games.
Person I was replying to referenced Riley's 4-8 and Frost's 4-8 as the same...no improvement. I pointed out a distinct and obvious difference. How Iowa did or didn't do is irrelevant to the discussion that was being had.

Hey if Iowa is happy with 40th ranked classes, more power to you. Nebraska isn't
Blah, blah, blah...Nebraska players by and large just aren’t tough enough.

Tough enough in less than a year under Frost (with Riley's players and a true freshmen QB) to require Iowa to kick a last second FG to win in Iowa City.

The writing is on the wall, fellers. When your team loses in Lincoln this year, don't take it personally. Just come and spend your $$$ and have a good time. The Mike Riley-enhanced win streak is over.

Reactions: huskersoup
Hey if Iowa is happy with 40th ranked classes, more power to you. Nebraska isn't

Tough enough in less than a year under Frost (with Riley's players and a true freshmen QB) to require Iowa to kick a last second FG to win in Iowa City.

The writing is on the wall, fellers. When your team loses in Lincoln this year, don't take it personally. Just come and spend your $$$ and have a good time. The Mike Riley-enhanced win streak is over.
Husker Douchebag obviously you haven’t read any of the previous 27 pages of this thread. The garage you’re spewing has been already put to rest over and over.

Let me bring you up to speed real quick. Doesn’t matter if Nebraska is ranked higher Iowa does a better job of developing players. Some year you will beat Iowa and it may be this season but Hawk fans are not losing sleep over it. Nebraska fans will be the fans the night before the game tossing and turning thinking “we can’t lose again to those guys...I’m sick of eating crow”. And finally Frost may just go down as the biggest bust in coaching history!

Husker Douchebag obviously you haven’t read any of the previous 27 pages of this thread. The garage you’re spewing has been already put to rest over and over.

Let me bring you up to speed real quick. Doesn’t matter if Nebraska is ranked higher Iowa does a better job of developing players. Some year you will beat Iowa and it may be this season but Hawk fans are not losing sleep over it. Nebraska fans will be the fans the night before the game tossing and turning thinking “we can’t lose again to those guys...I’m sick of eating crow”. And finally Frost may just go down as the biggest bust in coaching history!

Cupcake. Are you drunk again?

And yet another giant jackass telling us how good 4-8 is. Congratulations fellas. Nebraska fans have now won the award for most delusional in America. Cant wait to hear about the 6-6 huskers making the playoff.

giphy.gif

Hey Dipshit...you just can’t stay away can you? Looking for friends? I know you don’t have any on the Husker board they think you spend too much time over here. They say you’re the one keeping this thread alive.

I love keeping this thread alive just for you!
giphy.gif

I get the rib on Debby but why not post over on Nebraska board? I mean it’s funny and funk SF, but why does this need a post on an Iowa FB board? Kinda drives home the point about the little Bro complex.

It’s funny as shit and I hope they lose every game and SF mom Has to write another note to defend her son but for funks sake enough of the Debby shit on an Iowa board.

We are all better then this or so I thought

Because, if you post that on the Nebraska board, you will incur a lifetime ban from their board after one post........they can't take any type of criticism over there without getting bh........ :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT