ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska PBP Thread

So then he finishes 2nd and gets us a lot of team points

Sure, but being satisfied with second is not nor has it ever been the iowa way.

Some of you hating on the take while I defended young and marinelli from some of you haters is comical. Some of you simply see what you want to see

His arm got really trapped and torqued on in that exchange. To me his shoulders looked slumped from there on and he didn’t stay in full contact after that like he normally does in neutral. He just lunge snapped and then backed off and did it again. After that he had nothing on bottom.

He is such a machine that I don’t think he would let the actual injury show, but I did not like his overall body language after that....

I hear ya. I had three labrum injuries and was watching his face during that ride. I don’t think he was injured, he would have at least winced when it popped. He never did. I hope for the best.

Give him a break. First match back?
3rd match. Maybe still recovering. In the Indy Purdue matches he looked really fatigued. He doesn't look as good as he did early. Lower pace. Also struggling to finish shots when he gets to a leg.

Venz starts 2nd period down and escapes quickly for 1-3 lead.
Abe gets throw by and has him in trouble, Gets arm turk in and going for more. Still arm turking him with RT and 3-3 score. Continued to ride him with arm turk. Ironside likes the tough ride. Venz gets to his feet and Abe puts him down hard and Ironside loves it. HUGE!

154373_0.jpg

Abe starts down and escapes easily, leads 4-3 with RT.
Venz throws in an underhook. Ironside likes the wrestling. Abe circles and circles, steps over, hooks the ankle, hips in...and gets the TD. WOW. Brands says KEEP HIM DOWN. Abe hasn't quit yet. Venz escapes and has us in front headlock. Abe gets in on a leg and wins 7-4 in his first appearance in CHA. Flexes for the crowd. Iowa leads 23-3.

Abe starts down and escapes easily, leads 4-3 with RT.
Venz throws in an underhook. Ironside likes the wrestling. Abe circles and circles, steps over, hooks the ankle, hips in...and gets the TD. WOW. Brands says KEEP HIM DOWN. Abe hasn't quit yet. Venz escapes and has us in front headlock. Abe gets in on a leg and wins 7-4 in his first appearance in CHA. Flexes for the crowd. Iowa leads 23-3.

Impressive.

I hear ya. I had three labrum injuries and was watching his face during that ride. I don’t think he was injured, he would have at least winced when it popped. He never did. I hope for the best.

Hope you are right. I agree that I didn’t see a true telltale sign, I just didn’t like the body language from that point on

197 lbs.
#13 Eric Schultz vs. #3 Jacob Warner.
Warner seemed to have an "aha" moment last weekend when he went hard all match.
Both wrestlers rolling around.Warner draped over Schultz, who is in deep. But stalemate.
Ironside wants Jacob to wrestle above the competition.
Snaps and slow movement so far.
Not staying tied up.
Ironside says Warner can wrestle when he wants to.
Tristan Wirfs in the crowd. Ironside says he still looks like a baby. Can't believe he's going to the NFL.
End of one period, and no score.

Warner escapes to start the 2nd period.
Lots more snaps but no points.
Ironside wants him to quit hand fighting and find his own offense.
Ironside says crowd is restless. Says Warner has to go now.
Manning wants stall call on Warner.
Ironside says it wouldn't be out of line to call it.
End of 2nd period, Warner leads 1-0.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Warner starts on top to begin 3rd period.
Warner needs to find some urgency. Abe Assad got crowd going and now its quiet again.
Warner getting caught up in hand fighting. Needs some penetration. Wrestling not to lose.
1 minute to go.
Not a lot to talk about.
Collar ties, snaps, etc.
Boring says Ironside. Not even trying to do anything.
Schultz grabs ankle at end and gets TD and wins 1-3.
Bad showing by Warner.
Iowa leads 23-6.

Pretty even match at 197. The underhook to a single by schultz was legit. Warner had opportunities to score as well but was just a little shy. He seems to be a head case in tight matches

Reactions: TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT