ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska PBP Thread

When does FLO post the replay of this meet...because of some stupid ass b ball game I missed the best wrestler in the county kick some kids ass.
As an FYI for next week, I switched to watching on the app about 7:55pm and didn’t miss a thing.

I wasn’t taking a chance with that shitty basketball game being shown and won’t next week either

They will bring 9 to the dance and finish top 5. IMO
They might finish top three, I can't imagine anyone giving us a better battle than PSU.
They are stacked, rankings don't do them justice.
Or we wrestled like shit, I think I'm right. Coach is building a force.

Last edited:
If marinelli’s gonna win it this year he’s gonna have to wrestle better than that.

Possibly but you must not be very familiar with White. He is good and has been in that type of match with virtually every top 165 the past few years, winning some of them. He has been right there with Cenzo more than once.

8-2 over a team that wanted to keep it close and try to sneak out a win is ok in my book. Warner is my only real disappointment, Red is a terrible matchup for Murin. Think about it it this way all 10 of the wrestlers should now be ranked in the top 8. Even with the 2 losses that Murin and Warner had I would be surprised if they dropped out of the top 8. I know rankings don’t determine where they finish but who can say all 10 of their guys have a legit shot at an AA this year or any year for that matter.

As an FYI for next week, I switched to watching on the app about 7:55pm and didn’t miss a thing.

I wasn’t taking a chance with that shitty basketball game being shown and won’t next week either

Not a bad idea!!! I about lost my shit when that happened during the Big ten championships last year. Missed the entire Lee vs Sebass match there too.

I think you are being a little hard on Bull and Kem. They had a couple tough opponents. White is damn good and finished 5th last year (ahead of Bull). Labriola is a returning AA. They could have wrestled better, but they both gutted out wins.
Bull was damn impressive. He got caught flat-footed and blasted. A taste of his own medicine.
After that moment he came back and 100% controlled that match for the final 4 minutes. He broke White with that forward pressure and hard returns.

Hate to say it, but give White some credit, he's really damn good and Marinelli beat the shit out of him after that TD.

Very hard fought win over a very good and game Nebraska team. I believe Nebraska as a team is better then #10. I guess time will tell.

The B1G Ten is once again a meat grinder and like some have already pointed out. Getting a good seed, and Winning individual titles at the B1G ten for seeds going into Nationals is going to be huge!

For the most part I like what I saw as far as conditioning going into the third period as well as toughness in fighting and getting wins. i know that is not the best way to go about it, but besides Lee, i think everyone else will have to grind out a few 1-2 point wins along the way.

B1G W

NEXT!!!

When does FLO post the replay of this meet...because of some stupid ass b ball game I missed the best wrestler in the county kick some kids ass.

Funny thing is that I tried to watch the BTN replay on the Fox Sports App. That replay starts at the 2min mark of the 1st period of 133. Truly pathetic by BTN. Did they not broadcast to BTN+ or anything for 125?!?!!???!!!!?

Reactions: 2000hawk
Yeah, the guys they'd been sending for years have never determined a champion, but this year ought to do it. Dumbass.
I disagree, I think they will knock off people above their ranking. I think they are a force, either that or we wrestled like shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwoodhawk
Very hard fought win over a very good and game Nebraska team. I believe Nebraska as a team is better then #10. I guess time will tell.

The B1G Ten is once again a meat grinder and like some have already pointed out. Getting a good seed, and Winning individual titles at the B1G ten for seeds going into Nationals is going to be huge!

For the most part I like what I saw as far as conditioning going into the third period as well as toughness in fighting and getting wins. i know that is not the best way to go about it, but besides Lee, i think everyone else will have to grind out a few 1-2 point wins along the way.

B1G W

NEXT!!!
I think they are top three based on what I just witnessed.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
One thing that wasn’t commented on, but should be, was Nebraska was nearly flawless handfighting from top to bottom. There were a lot of comments about the Iowa guys not looking sharp, but a ton of credit for that goes to Nebraska. They controlled the ties very well and kept many of their opponents away from their strengths.

The fact that Everyone but Murin and Warner were eventually still able to get to their offense impressed me. They didn’t allow themselves to get frustrated and force bad positions.

Now, both Murin and Warner DID get frustrated and force bad offense with Murin getting reattached deeply twice and Warner’s only real attack got him out of position enough that Schultz capitalized. These 2 matches are while I will always argue with those that call for high attack rates. Without the right setups and angles, you end up getting taken down more than you score takedowns.

I disagree, I think they will knock of people above their ranking. I think they are a force, either that or we wrestled like shit.
Kinda like a guy from Kent State knocking off kids to help PSU win a title. Don't mind 23 tho....I think it's safe to say everyone just considers him the village idiot here amongst Hawkeye fans and don't pay him any mind..

One thing that wasn’t commented on, but should be, was Nebraska was nearly flawless handfighting from top to bottom. There were a lot of comments about the Iowa guys not looking sharp, but a ton of credit for that goes to Nebraska. They controlled the ties very well and kept many of their opponents away from their strengths.

The fact that Everyone but Murin and Warner were eventually still able to get to their offense impressed me. They didn’t allow themselves to get frustrated and force bad positions.

Now, both Murin and Warner DID get frustrated and force bad offense with Murin getting reattached deeply twice and Warner’s only real attack got him out of position enough that Schultz capitalized. These 2 matches are while I will always argue with those that call for high attack rates. Without the right setups and angles, you end up getting taken down more than you score takedowns.
Very well coached. I saw what you saw.

I disagree, I think they will knock of people above their ranking. I think they are a force, either that or we wrestled like shit.
Disagree? LOL! Dude.

If I need to explain a very simple concept to you, you need more help than I'm willing to give. And if you and sanduskycounselor are on the same page, you're in deep shit.

I swear, comments like these make me wonder how many of you actually know a THING about wrestling. Kemerer was wrestling a top level opponent that is super strong and has great hips. Kemerer wrestled a hell of a match and finally wore him out.

Just a horrible viewpoint on your part.....

Nah, you have no idea what you're talking about. Per usual.

Kinda like a guy from Kent State knocking off kids to help PSU win a title. Don't mind 23 tho....I think it's safe to say everyone just considers him the village idiot here amongst Hawkeye fans and don't pay him any mind..
This among other things is why you're a moron. A minute ago it was Nebby's team that was going to determine the champion, now it's one guy, so which is it? Idiot.

The correct answer is it's always been one guy, and I'm betting it was a big surprise to you learning Kent State had a wrestling program.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Thought we looked ho hum as a team. Nebby has some good guys who worked to stay out of our ties keeping their arms fully extended to try and win it from the outside. They have been waiting for this one. Slow feet at 141 and 197. Max has to be ready for reshots...go to an underhook or something because letting Red stand back and shoot from the outside is killing him. Kemerer is working himself back into shape...didn't look comfortable fully committing to shots. Besides Lee, our true freshman looked like the one who was most dialed in. Tried for the big pin...he gave up the two but this is going to be filed in the back of the mind of every opponent he wrestles. Some of his sequences were very cerebral. He is calm, cool and collected.

We are going to get everybody's best shot from here on out because nobody wants to get embarrassed in Carver.

Nah, you have no idea what you're talking about. Per usual.

Yep, you got me there. I mean how can Kemerer possibly have a chance to beat Hall after beating a returning AA by the exact same margin Hall beat him(5-3) the last time they met.

While we are at it, why don’t we also ignore the fact that he didn’t give up an offensive point in the match as well. I mean, I really hate when guys only give up 1 point for 7 minutes......

Nebraska's strategy was to slow Iowa, using effective blocking and wrist grabs, and then try an unattempted type of TD with little time left in a period, or match.

In Kemerer's match I could hear the Nebby coaching yelling "Thumb block! Thumb block!." (I don't even know that is.) And sure enough, with a little time left in the match he shoots in on Kem, and gets deep. Fortunately, Kem is a better scrambler.

Reactions: Sett1997
Last year at Neb was ADS with the 'light work' and the thumbs up before the tech fall, right? I have to imagine that was mentioned in the lead up.

I hope Warner has to watch Schultz-apparently forgetting what the team score was and celebrating like his team wasn't getting beat (i think he was staring down Iowa coaches or bench?)- 100 times and gets a rematch at B10s.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirkTang1
Also love when you can hear the coaches.

With about 90 seconds left in the HWT match, Manning was talking to one of his assistants loud enough for the ref to hear, saying something like 'he doesn't care'. I assume he wanted stalling called.

Good finish by KY but those types of matches aren't sustainable if he wants to make a deep run in March.
That is exactly the kinda match he is going to have and find a way to win if he wants to make a deep run the that weight looks this year. From the results there are few dudes that have shown separation and then there are 15 or more that could land in any order. Should be fun.

Alex starts down to begin 3rd period. Alex escapes and quickly switches into a double leg on edge and gets TD. Telford on his chair, waving towel, asking for stall call on White. What a shot by Alex, who leads 3-2. Trying to lock up his head and take him to his back. Manning is bitching again. Alex still on top. Has the far arm, but loses it. Has the near wrist now. Putting lots of pressure forward. White doing nothing. Crowd is loud. White gets escape. Alex circles. White dives but misses. Alex wins 4-3 thanks to RT. Wow!
This is a good take. The ride marinelli put on white was great and made all the difference even with an end of period takedown by white. Marinelli came up clutch and closed out the match well
Good win by the Bull but Nebby coaches continually not putting White in best position to win matches. Chose down in the last 2 matches against Wick which led to that lopsided last score. They thought it was a good idea to try it again there for whatever reason. Kid is a senior and is what he is. Why keep intentionally handicapping him in matches?

Red is a terrible matchup for Max, I don't have faith in winning that one until I see it. Turk has done better in that match because he can hit from outside and has better quickness. 197 was the nebby game plan in full execution.

White starts down to begin 2nd period. Not attempting to come up. Alex picks him and drives him back down to the mat hard. White crawls OOB. Stalemate with :43 left in 2nd period.
Alex runs him down to his base again. Ironside wants him to ride him out. Good job covering the hips. White not putting any effort. Trying to lull Alex to sleep with late move at end of period. End of two periods. Still 0-2.
Can't imagine White every choosing down against Bull.

Conspiracy theory: bull let white get the escape at the end of the match to make him and his coaches think he can do it again next time
I love it. TnT are living rent free in Mannings' head. Ties in nicely with Tom saying he was outcoached.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT