ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Superlatives - Is it any wonder...

WinOneThisCentury II

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2021
...why the Nebraska fanbase is so delusional? I've clicked on a few Nebraska fall camp articles in the past...so now I get press releases occasionally with anything that hits the wires...but man, I'm not sure Scott Frost has learned anything.

It's so interesting seeing the differences in the coaching staffs between Iowa and Nebraska and how they talk about players, where the team is, etc. As per usual KF and his coaching staff don't put elevated expectations, very often, on their players...unless they can back it up...Linderbaum, Campbell, Moss, etc. It's bizarre to hear Frost talk about his RB room...you would think they were all Americans or something. They haven't really done much in live action to warrant that kind of praise. It's not just that group either.

Here's the other thing...Frost says stuff like "this is hardest I've seen our OL work in the time that I've been here"...and I just kind of marvel at that. Is he admitting they didn't work hard in his first four years? Is he admitting he didn't know they weren't working hard the first four years? Shouldn't he have known in Year 1 or Year 2? It's his freaking job to make sure the level of work is consistent with the results you are trying to achieve. It's like a self-own that he wasn't doing his job. I'm trying to understand if Frost is that stupid, or he knows the fanbase is dumb enough to not draw the same conclusion.

I really hope Frost wins 6 games and they decide to keep him again.

...why the Nebraska fanbase is so delusional? I've clicked on a few Nebraska fall camp articles in the past...so now I get press releases occasionally with anything that hits the wires...but man, I'm not sure Scott Frost has learned anything.

It's so interesting seeing the differences in the coaching staffs between Iowa and Nebraska and how they talk about players, where the team is, etc. As per usual KF and his coaching staff don't put elevated expectations, very often, on their players...unless they can back it up...Linderbaum, Campbell, Moss, etc. It's bizarre to hear Frost talk about his RB room...you would think they were all Americans or something. They haven't really done much in live action to warrant that kind of praise. It's not just that group either.

Here's the other thing...Frost says stuff like "this is hardest I've seen our OL work in the time that I've been here"...and I just kind of marvel at that. Is he admitting they didn't work hard in his first four years? Is he admitting he didn't know they weren't working hard the first four years? Shouldn't he have known in Year 1 or Year 2? It's his freaking job to make sure the level of work is consistent with the results you are trying to achieve. It's like a self-own that he wasn't doing his job. I'm trying to understand if Frost is that stupid, or he knows the fanbase is dumb enough to not draw the same conclusion.

What is a coach supposed to say before the first game?

What is a coach supposed to say before the first game?
There is a definite psychology to it...and you have to find the approach that best suits your team...but Frost's approach is constant lofty praise. Its funny, my old HS coach would have us convinced of two things by Thursday before a Friday night game...one, the opponent was much better than their record, and two, that we weren't playing anywhere close to our potential...it was a constant grind of self doubt during the week. I was convinced we were going be in a dogfight every Friday, and that we weren't working hard enough. My class lost one football game in four years...yet we went into every game, absolutely convinced that the opponent could beat us, and we were losing if we didn't play our best football.

There is a reason why the joke with Nebraska Football right now is that they are one of the best off-season football teams in America...it's because the smoke machine is being blown up so many asses on that team that you would think they are unbeatable. It's Frost's approach...the record says it hasn't worked yet.

Last edited:
Its funny, my old HS coach would have us convinced of two things by Thursday before a Friday night game...one, the opponent was much better than their record, and two, that we weren't playing anywhere close to our potential...it was a constant grind of self doubt during the week. I was convinced we were going be in a dogfight every Friday, and that we weren't working hard enough. My class lost one football game in four years...yet we went into every game, absolutely convinced that the opponent could beat us, and we were losing if we didn't play our best football.
My HS football coach’s approach was more like Frost’s…..we finished 2-7

Go 6-6 in the regular season to get a bowl game, then lose finishing 6-7 or finish 5-7 and no bowl?

Frost has been given considerably more leeway than several coaches preceding him. You have to wonder when the true fans will start grumbling and quit accepting the annual excuses. The golden boy is starting to resemble tarnished brass.

Hey guys, this is the year it all comes together, right? Year 5? He finally should have 4 years of his recruits on campus (what's left of them after the chaff left the wheat!) Big things expected in Lincoln this year!!!!

😉

Just so one of the six isn't aginst the Hawkeyes.

Scott Frost will be fired on the morning of Sunday, October 2nd.

Time-Flies-1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT