ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska the pity me program

StarHawk

All-Conference
May 27, 2019
While Nebraska Local Media was patting their huskers on the back and taking full credit for big10 playing again (they forgot about the Iowa parents part)
and being delusional about being great...then came the schedule and non-delusional reality from more objective media:

Sports Illustrated's Pat Forde --- with Nebraska spending weeks asking for a cup of water -- then getting it and wanting ice.
https://t.co/B4pjXzbDJm?amp=1

GBR (got beat recently)

While Nebraska Local Media was patting their huskers on the back and taking full credit for big10 playing again (they forgot about the Iowa parents part)
and being delusional about being great...then came the schedule and non-delusional reality from more objective media:

Sports Illustrated's Pat Forde --- with Nebraska spending weeks asking for a cup of water -- then getting it and wanting ice.

GBR (got beat recently)

damn, I don't think there was a single punch he didn't pull!

that was simply delightful.

Filling up their schedule with a bunch of cupcakes is the only way they can win in this century.

Funny thing this year for non conference they had 3 non power 5 but one was Cincinnati. I bet the Bearcats would've won that game being one of if not the best non power 5 team going into this season. But with the 4 games they lost they would've probably gone 3-1. Frosty better hope he can pull off some wins this year because if you look at the 21' schedule it doesn't get any easier. Play OU in Norman with OSU, Michigan and MSU as cross over games.

Hey just wanna make something clear. Yes, Nebraska played a big part in getting the fall season back. If your being realistic, thats indisputable fact. HOWEVER, and this is just as indisputable, NONE of it happens without OSU and Iowa's support also. As a lifelong Husker fan, I can honestly admit that. Regardless of how we see each other during the season, I think we can all agree, it was a collective effort from ALL 3 schools, staff, players, parents, and fanbases. With that being said, I just wanna say, I for one, am just glad to have football back, and cant wait to get another crack at you guys during Thanksgiving weekend. #GBR

GBR (got beat recently)
I don't hear @MrsScrew & Rutgers fans whining about having to play tOSU, Penn State & Michigan EVERY YEAR (along with Wisconsin & Iowa in potential cross over games).

But Rutgers at least has some class. Little Debbie? Not so much.

Little Debbie has lost 4 or more games in a season 16 years in a row.

Frank Solich (Pelini coached the bowl game?) went 10-3 in 2003. That team was ranked as high as #10 in the country.

Here is a look at the 16 years since that 10-3 season in 2003:
2004: 5-6 Bill Callahan (4 years)
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
2008: 9-4 Bo Pelini (7 years)
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
2015: 6-7 Mike Riley (3 years)
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
2018: 4-8 Scott Frost (2 years)
2019: 5-7

little_debbie.jpg

GBR (got beat recently)
Hate them as much as anyone but their schedule is a bitch.

Reactions: wkato
Remember when Nebraska was in the Big 12 North and rarely played Oklahoma in crossover games? I 'member.

Remember the old Big 8 days (Big 2/Little 6)? I 'member.

Remember before the Big Ten expanded and Iowa played OSU, Michigan, and PSU every year? I 'member.

Fact is Nebraska football was built on feasting on a schedule of patsies.

Nebraska vs. Pacific. I 'member.

Their 2021 schedule is pretty tough also.......

Aug. 28, 2021IllinoisNeutral-away
Sept. 11, 2021BuffaloHome
Sept. 18, 2021OklahomaAway
Sept. 25, 2021Michigan StateAway
Oct. 2, 2021Ohio StateHome
Oct. 9, 2021NorthwesternHome
Oct. 16, 2021PurdueAway
Oct. 30, 2021MichiganHome
Nov. 6, 2021IowaHome
Nov. 13, 2021Southeastern LouisianaHome
Nov. 20, 2021WisconsinHome
Nov. 26, 2021MinnesotaAway

Another season which could be a battle to achieve bowl eligibility. The 4 game stretch before the Black Friday game n Minneapolis, all at home (and including Iowa), will probably make or break their season. Frankly, I don't see any real possibility that Frost enters Year 5 at Nebraska with a record above .500

Remember when Nebraska was in the Big 12 North and rarely played Oklahoma in crossover games? I 'member.

Remember the old Big 8 days (Big 2/Little 6)? I 'member.

Remember before the Big Ten expanded and Iowa played OSU, Michigan, and PSU every year? I 'member.

Fact is Nebraska football was built on feasting on a schedule of patsies.

Nebraska vs. Pacific. I 'member.
Nebraska had it made then. They never had to play both Texas and Oklahoma in the same regular season. It was always one or the other.

Nebraska fans are idiots
Ex A:
Wow, you guys are truly pathetic. Just ridiculous. Is it because you douche bags see how fast Scott Frost has been fixing the Huskers or is it jealousy because you know Iowa isn’t going anywhere in rankings or as a team getting better and the a Huskers are making HUGE jumps up with Frost and his staff??

Ex B:

Stanley would be stupid if he tried. Martinez is a better QB already and he’s only a true freshman.

And Ex C:

As much as it will kill you to admit it (and I’m sure you won’t) but the Huskers are and still a blue blood program. Mike Riley has had the Huskers down the hole time he was there but now that Frost is there and has them turning the corner that will change soon, give it a year or two. But it doesn’t help when the only blue blood program in west has been down. And yes sites like ESPN, Sports illustrated and other big time sites have the Huskers still a blue blood program, even with the recent down years they are still top 2-3 winnIngest program in the country. Frost has them turning the corner so helps on its way. As a Husker fan, I say bring in OU and Texas, Huskers aren’t scared one bit. We are used to playing these guys.

Nebraska had it made then. They never had to play both Texas and Oklahoma in the same regular season. It was always one or the other.

Nebraska wanted to play OU every year when the B12 formed, the Sooners rejected that plan.

Their response is depressing. Their 1995 team would have felt sorry too. For the high level programs they were preparing to crush. Nebby is never going to have that swag again.

can somebody please link the the Nebbie board? I'm dying to see if any of them are coming to grips with reality enough to be embarrassed.

I often wonder if people see things the way I do. Nebraska has had some solid years under pelini and the rest has been pretty much crap since they won a title.

I have not understood the extra love they get at times. Now Moos has the gumption to whine about the schedule? You play at Ohio St. WITHOUT FANS. At Iowa WITHOUT FANS. At Wisconsin WITHOUT FANS. You get to have these teams at home the following year when it really matters.

The off field issues, the whining, the extra coverage they get at times... it is all just aggravates me. I'm glad they helped get football back but this article really made me happy.

Reactions: JStandefer
That article was pure gold!

I took a look at their schedule and at first thought there is 1 win, 3 toss ups, and 4 losses at first.
Then I remembered Illinois is actually turning the corner, despite losing a close one to the huskers last year.

Now my prediction is 4 toss up games, 4 losses translating to 2-6 for the year.

Their message board is a miniature version of Fox News. Haven't seen a real post about football in awhile.

Nebraska wanted to play OU every year when the B12 formed, the Sooners rejected that plan.

That's completely false considering the Big 12 separated the conference by divisions geographically North and South. So it didn't matter what OU or Nebraska did or did not want.

Nebraska wanted to never have to have Ok & Tx on their schedule the same season when the B12 was formed.

Only one of our statements can be true. Which one?

That's completely false considering the Big 12 separated the conference by divisions geographically North and South. So it didn't matter what OU or Nebraska did or did not want.

Nebraska proposed that the Big 12 do permanent crossover "rivalry" games, like the SEC does, to keep the NU-OU series alive. OU declined that proposal.

Nebraska wanted to never have to have Ok & Tx on their schedule the same season when the B12 was formed.

Only one of our statements can be true. Which one?

Actually it was OU that didn't want to play Nebraska every year while also having to play Texas (and A&M) every year. Remember, at the time of the league's formation, Nebraska was the literal top dog in college football and OU was at one of its lowest points in program history.

Nebraska proposed that the Big 12 do permanent crossover "rivalry" games, like the SEC does, to keep the NU-OU series alive. OU declined that proposal.

OU still wasn't the deciding factor Because if you had protected crossover rivalry games you had to have one for all 12 teams. So it wasn't just OU saying no and the Big 12 nixing the plan. The Big 12 had to approve this for all 12 teams finding a rival in the opposite division which made no sense with the schools in the opposite divisions having little to no rivalry history with one another. Even if OU wanted to do it I doubt it would've happened. So even if OU didn't want to it ultimately came down to the Big 12 making the call and doing their process of you play half of the division every 2 years which made much more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT