ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska

kcgolfer

HR Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Don't get too cocky. Yes, Iowa played a great game today and as a result, the opening line will be way too high. I've seen Nebraska about 4 times this year and they are a different team right now. They are getting it together on defense and as a team. Their QB is capable of causing us fits.

I think we will win, but I expect a nailbiter. Somewhere around 35-31.

Reactions: brokenarrow73
Thankfully, Nebraska will have to come to Kinnick
Stadium for this game on Friday. The home field
advantage should help Iowa. However, the Hawks
will need to bring their A-game to beat the Huskers.

Reactions: easy2 and kcgolfer
According to Cornhumper fans, this year is the last chance we'll ever have of beating them. I guess we might as well hang 50 on them again.

Wow. You really think these guys are suddenly a tough out? I don't think so. Hawks gunna wind up the regular season on a high note. Sorry Nebraska. Keep practicing. Maybe next year, or the next year, or maybe not for the foreseeable future.

The outcome of Friday's game will be the diff between good season (all be it with plenty of disappointments) and another "meh" Ferentz 7-5 year.

There will still be plenty of what if...if we win. But if we lose...it'll shade the season toward the negative.

Reactions: grayhair81
Don't get too cocky. Yes, Iowa played a great game today and as a result, the opening line will be way too high. I've seen Nebraska about 4 times this year and they are a different team right now. They are getting it together on defense and as a team. Their QB is capable of causing us fits.

I think we will win, but I expect a nailbiter. Somewhere around 35-31.
Their defense gave up 35 points and over 500 yards of offense to Illinois last weekend. Might want to rethink your worry.

Wow. You really think these guys are suddenly a tough out? I don't think so. Hawks gunna wind up the regular season on a high note. Sorry Nebraska. Keep practicing. Maybe next year, or the next year, or maybe not for the foreseeable future.
Mike Riley is gone.

Reactions: Boredsker
MSU has a terrific defense, IMO. They played in a howling wind and snow storm. This will be Nebraska's bowl game.
When has this game not been Neb’s Super Bowl?

Every Neb fan I know would gladly go 1-11 every year as long as they beat Iowa.

They are so lil bro. Is it bad that I love it?!

Arrogance always get's you beat. Hope you are right, but it will be a tough game.
How would me being arrogant get Iowa beat? I’m just point out that their defense isn’t all of a sudden anything other than bad. MSU hasn’t scored a TD in two weeks and was ranked in the 100’s offensively. You could tell with all the dropped passes they had. None of this conversation has any effect on the game.

How would me being arrogant get Iowa beat? I’m just point out that their defense isn’t all of a sudden anything other than bad. MSU hasn’t scored a TD in two weeks and was ranked in the 100’s offensively. You could tell with all the dropped passes they had. None of this conversation has any effect on the game.

I'd agree with this take as far as what Nebraska fans should read from the win. I read that we learned that we can win an ugly game, and that our FG kicker may have gotten over the hump to go to 12/16 on the season. Nothing more & nothing less.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

Plus MSU backup qb was awful again. Every play first read and force it in there. Playing with out top rb lj Scott and top wr hurt for year as well. Add that up means Sparty has a bad offense right now.

Plus MSU backup qb was awful again. Every play first read and force it in there. Playing with out top rb lj Scott and top wr hurt for year as well. Add that up means Sparty has a bad offense right now.
Yeah, amazing they could be this cocky after scoring just 3 fgs at home against a team that was basically without their entire offense with Scott and Lewerke out, and a patched up ol. Let them get their hopes up, so crushing them will be that much more satisfactory .

Rocky Lombardi was painfully inaccurate in the game. Tough for MSU to win with a QB throwing that poorly.

Rocky Lombardi was painfully inaccurate in the game. Tough for MSU to win with a QB throwing that poorly.

This was literally the description that you guys gave for your own QB for the past 4 weeks. He was on fire today though, I'll give him that.

This was literally the description that you guys gave for your own QB for the past 4 weeks. He was on fire today though, I'll give him that.

Let’s be honest he was dreadful today. Granted I’m not saying Nebraska D didn’t play one of their better games and deserve some credit. Safety played outstanding but I’m sure from watching games this year he may have been only better than the Bethune cookman qb that Nebraska has faced all season. All game long announcers said he had pre determined read and forced it in there. As bad as Stanley has been at times previous 3 weeks no where near level of Lombardi’s play today.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Let’s be honest he was dreadful today. Granted I’m not saying Nebraska D didn’t play one of their better games and deserve some credit. Safety played outstanding but I’m sure from watching games this year he may have been only better than the Bethune cookman qb that Nebraska has faced all season. All game long announcers said he had pre determined read and forced it in there. As bad as Stanley has been at times previous 3 weeks no where near level of Lombardi’s play today.

He was. I just think that it's funny. Almost everyone on this site was ready to fire everyone and burn your QB at the stake up through last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT