ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska's Top WR Arrested on May 6th

Safety was with him too. Charges got dropped to a misdemeanor. Not really a big deal. Might miss the Arkansas State game at most.

Rules are rules and laws are laws. I fully support legal marijuana users. I don't understand this, "it's just a plant!" argument when people get in trouble. It's not a plant, it's a rule or a law, or a stupid test. And you just failed. Can't smoke pot and play in the NFL, Josh Gordon? Then choose one until the rules or laws change. Until then, don't be dumb.

Rules are rules and laws are laws. I fully support legal marijuana users. I don't understand this, "it's just a plant!" argument when people get in trouble. It's not a plant, it's a rule or a law, or a stupid test. And you just failed. Can't smoke pot and play in the NFL, Josh Gordon? Then choose one until the rules or laws change. Until then, don't be dumb.
I get it's the law, however; it is proven to be far less harmful than taking pain pills. This is especially true if taking edibles or even vaping. Do you know the % of NCAA and especially NFL players overuse or get addicted to pain pills just to function?!?!? It's astronomical! Big pharmaceutical has its hand in our society pretty bad

Agree.

That one gets me too. You know what else is just a plant? Opium/poppy, nightshade, hemlock, snakeroot, oleander, tobacco, poison ivy, etc.
Tobacco, hops, lettuce, carrots, corn? So what's your point? All plants, all legal? Just pretty hypocritical to have alcohol legal and not marijuana. How many domestic abuse cases are caused from marijuana? The dumbest things I've ever done in my life I was drunk, the worst mistake I made high was ordering too much at taco bell

Tobacco, hops, lettuce, carrots, corn? So what's your point? All plants, all legal? Just pretty hypocritical to have alcohol legal and not marijuana. How many domestic abuse cases are caused from marijuana? The dumbest things I've ever done in my life I was drunk, the worst mistake I made high was ordering too much at taco bell
No, the excuse/argument of "it is just a plant" shouldn't be made at all. Use it however you want to in my opinion. But saying that just doesn't make sense.

Least he wasnt arrested for drunk driving like his WR coach has been 3 times. That being said whatever anyone's opinion on weed is he knew it was illegal. You'd think if you had a bag of it with a pipe in your car you'd do a better job of following the traffic laws. I'm surprised he didn't try and pull the Sean sondiliter defense and blame It on his friend

Reactions: Cougar63
Those of you saying "it's a law, just obey it".....I'm sure none of you drank alcohol under the legal drinking age, right?

Reactions: Ree4
Correct me if I am wrong, but if you drink under age and get caught, it is a crime. Correct? Weed is currently illegal in most states. You get caught, you are in trouble. I agree it is less dangerous then alcohol and a lot of other things. However, in 2017, it is still illegal, for better or for worse. Should he be kicked off the team? No. Should he be punished? Yes. Will he? Doubtful.

Those of you saying "it's a law, just obey it".....I'm sure none of you drank alcohol under the legal drinking age, right?
Moot point. Yes I did, but if I had been caught, I would have paid for it. As for your comment about obeying the law, tell me which laws do you propose we don't follow? Should it be the DUI laws, murder, securities law? After all using your logic, I can choose which laws I want to follow and which I don't. How would that benefit society? If you don't like the law, change it, but simply saying to break it is a child's response.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
I agree it a dumb law but it's a law so obey it and you'll be fine. Not so hard.
If we obeyed all the laws historically, our great country wouldn't exist, some of our citizens would be enslaved or at the very least segregated, we could be imprisoned for speakers no out against a war, and we would be sharing our new wives with some king.....I know those are extremes but something to think about

So you think he's using it as a pain reliever, presumably due to football? In May?
Probably not, but possible. Maybe it's for anxiety, stomach ailment, lack of appetite, sleep aid, or maybe he was just bored as shit....all reasons most people harmlessly use

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you drink under age and get caught, it is a crime. Correct? Weed is currently illegal in most states. You get caught, you are in trouble. I agree it is less dangerous then alcohol and a lot of other things. However, in 2017, it is still illegal, for better or for worse. Should he be kicked off the team? No. Should he be punished? Yes. Will he? Doubtful.

He will likely be suspended for at least the opening game. Anything more than that seems excessive for a misdemeanor pot charge.

Crazy that in other states, you can actually be charged with a felony for 22 grams - way less than an ounce.

Moot point. Yes I did, but if I had been caught, I would have paid for it. As for your comment about obeying the law, tell me which laws do you propose we don't follow? Should it be the DUI laws, murder, securities law? After all using your logic, I can choose which laws I want to follow and which I don't. How would that benefit society? If you don't like the law, change it, but simply saying to break it is a child's response.
In Nebraska it is illegal to marry if you have a venereal disease.

Apples and oranges. Get caught drinking and it is a fine but not a big deal. Get a criminal drug possession and it can have a long term impact on your life.

I'm fine with people breaking laws that have zero impact on any other person or causes no diminishing of safety or security to our citizens. Like marijuana.

Reactions: Cougar63
Probably not, but possible. Maybe it's for anxiety, stomach ailment, lack of appetite, sleep aid, or maybe he was just bored as shit....all reasons most people harmlessly use
From Factcheck.com
Increases in these incidents were significant. Marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 154 percent between 2006 and 2014; Colorado emergency room hospital visits that were “likely related” to marijuana increased by 77 percent from 2011 to 2014; and drug-related suspensions/expulsions increased 40 percent from school years 2008/2009 to 2013/2014, according to a September 2015 report by the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Traffic Area, a collaboration of federal, state and local drug enforcement agencies.
D
I'm fine with people breaking laws that have zero impact on any other person or causes no diminishing of safety or security to our citizens. Like marijuana.
If you believe Marijuana doesn't have an impact on other people, then you need to do a little research. Take a look at the statistics from Colorado and the increases in fatal car crashes involving marijuana since it was legalized. It is not a victim less crime, and those who believe it is, are playing like an ostrich.
Here's a little information from Factcheck.org regarding Colorado
"increases in these incidents were significant. Marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 154 percent between 2006 and 2014; Colorado emergency room hospital visits that were “likely related” to marijuana increased by 77 percent from 2011 to 2014; and drug-related suspensions/expulsions increased 40 percent from school years 2008/2009 to 2013/2014, according to a September 2015 report by the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Traffic Area, a collaboration of federal, state and local drug enforcement agencies."
Here's another quote from the same study..
"marijuana-related traffic deaths increased by 154 percent, from 37 fatalities with drivers testing positive for marijuana in 2006 to 94 in 2014 — hardly an insignificant increase."

That number increased to 115 in 2015 and over 21% of all traffic deaths. Additionally 77% of all DUI's in Colorado involved marijuana.
And I am constantly being told that marijuana usage is victim less. Apparently not if you take the time to do a simple Google search.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
After 5 straight bowl loses you've had plenty of remedies to try.
Dang it....that is right Iowa sucks!

How did you guys do in last years bowl game? I remember in 2015 you guys had a fine 6-6 season capped off by that great win in the Foster Childs bowl...good job! 2014.....2014???? That's right you got rocked by USC in another Crap Salad Bowl. Iowa really looks up to you as the bowl gold standard. There is always next year

Reactions: Hawkeyes19

How did you guys do in last years bowl game? I remember in 2015 you guys had a fine 6-6 season capped off by that great win in the Foster Childs bowl...good job! 2014.....2014???? That's right you got rocked by USC in another Crap Salad Bowl. Iowa really looks up to you as the bowl gold standard. There is always next year
According to Iowa fan there is a difference in getting blown out versus losing by a TD or two.

Weren't Nebraska 5-7 vs 5-7 UCLA? I wouldn't ever count that as a bowl win and it's sad that Nebraska fans are trolling about bowl wins after their display lately too.

Only Iowa is 0-5 in the last five.

In the last twenty head to head matchups between Nebraska and Iowa in football, basketball and baseball your Huskers are 4-16.

A stellar 20% winning percentage!!!

And I didn't even have to throw wrestling results in there boyo!

How's things in the land of aspiring to be mediocre 'lil bro?

Reactions: Husker Hank
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT