ADVERTISEMENT

Need some ideas for how to kill rabbits

Feb 9, 2013
Little bastards are everywhere and eating the green shoots on everything.

I live in a suburban neighborhood so shooting is difficult. I have some low velocity .22s but really nervous about neighbors calling the cops.

I don’t want to trap them as that’s a PITA.

Any ideas?

Short of killing them, any ideas for a long lasting repellent?

Thanks!

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
sigourney weaver michael GIF

Wanna borrow my cat? I have a really mean MFer of a cat. Feral rescue that my no pic wife has 1/2 domesticated. It will tear your face off if it’s in a mood. This cat kills 2-3 rabbits per week. Brings them to our patio door, tears their head off, eats it or god knows what with it. The tribute he leaves is a headless rabbit and a bloody crime scene on the deck. He hunts his prey at night. His name is Poppy. I appropriately call him Big Poppy.

Edit: This effing cat. We have a mental neighbor who live trapped the cat twice. First time he dumped him out in the country. Someone found him on their farm, then matched him to our Facebook post after he was missing 2 months. Second time, this asshole trapped him, drove him to 30 miles to Council Bluffs, dumped him there. Damn cat shows up at the CB humane society after 3 months. A friend, who was the original rescuer of the cat, spotted him on the humane society web site. 3 months and 30 miles away. We joke that it’s actually the cat trying to get away from us. He keeps getting pissed because we find him and bring him back.

Last edited:
About three weeks ago I was mowing the lawn and I noticed a little bunny writhing in the yard. I had hit him on the previous pass and not noticed. He was about the size of a lemon. Well, he was bleeding pretty profusely from the head but still breathing so I figured he was a goner and I had no choice but to put him out of his misery.

So, I got the shovel and swung it down flat on his head as hard as I could. He was laying on his side at the time and his little legs started running. I wasnt expecting that. I quickly took the end of the shovel and put it on where I thought his neck was and tried to decapitate him. It took a few tries, but I got his head off.
It was horrible. CSB

About three weeks ago I was mowing the lawn and I noticed a little bunny writhing in the yard. I had hit him on the previous pass and not noticed. He was about the size of a lemon. Well, he was bleeding pretty profusely from the head but still breathing so I figured he was a goner and I had no choice but to put him out of his misery.

So, I got the shovel and swung it down flat on his head as hard as I could. He was laying on his side at the time and his little legs started running. I wasnt expecting that. I quickly took the end of the shovel and put it on where I thought his neck was and tried to decapitate him. It took a few tries, but I got his head off.
It was horrible. CSB
Did he die then?

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
Did he die then?
Well, after I chopped his head off, I scooped up his head and body into a shoebox and took him down to the park by my house and left him there. 2 reasons for that. First, I figured that since kids like bunnies so much, it might be a nice opportunity for some lucky children to get to pet one in real life. Secondly, I was hoping that maybe a vet or a doctor would find him and put him back together.
Yes, he probably died but I hold out hope

Well, after I chopped his head off, I scooped up his head and body into a shoebox and took him down to the park by my house and left him there. 2 reasons for that. First, I figured that since kids like bunnies so much, it might be a nice opportunity for some lucky children to get to pet one in real life. Secondly, I was hoping that maybe a vet or a doctor would find him and put him back together.
Yes, he probably died but I hold out hope
👀

Little bastards are everywhere and eating the green shoots on everything.

I live in a suburban neighborhood so shooting is difficult. I have some low velocity .22s but really nervous about neighbors calling the cops.

I don’t want to trap them as that’s a PITA.

Any ideas?

Short of killing them, any ideas for a long lasting repellent?

Thanks!
Coyotes and foxes. I live backing up to a creek running through Ankeny and I know there are coyotes here. My rabbit problem is gone. I do have concerns that they might get a dog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT