ADVERTISEMENT

Need something for Audible - SyFy/Fantasy preferred.

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Last few were:
Norse Gods - Gaiman
First Law Trilogy - Joe Ambercrombie
Woken Furies - Richard Morgan (Altered Carbon)
Salvation Lost - Peter Hamilton
New Spring - Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time)
Tiamat's Wrath - James SA Corey (The Expanse)

I like longer books for audible so I get my credit's worth. I read shorter novels on my Kindle/hardbacks.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Last few were:
Norse Gods - Gaiman
First Law Trilogy - Joe Ambercrombie
Woken Furies - Richard Morgan (Altered Carbon)
Salvation Lost - Peter Hamilton
New Spring - Robert Jordan (Wheel of Time)
Tiamat's Wrath - James SA Corey (The Expanse)

I like longer books for audible so I get my credit's worth. I read shorter novels on my Kindle/hardbacks.
Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Series would fit the bill if you are looking for long, rich fantasy. First one is The Way of Kings.

Reactions: *33* and BelemNole
The Witcher? Just started these to coincide with the Netflix release. It’s my understanding that these started out as a series of polish short stories so not sure it 100% fits what’s your looking for

The Witcher? Just started these to coincide with the Netflix release. It’s my understanding that these started out as a series of polish short stories so not sure it 100% fits what’s your looking for
Intersting idea. Been toying with the idea. Played the games and watched the series, but haven't read any of the books.

Intersting idea. Been toying with the idea. Played the games and watched the series, but haven't read any of the books.
You’ll want to start with The Last Wish. While it was published later on, it features stories set before the first full-length book and establishes the Continent as a backdrop. It also introduces the reader to Geralt and the basics of what a witcher is and what one does. You’ll read about Geralt fighting beasts, indulging in bar room fights, and his bedroom escapades.

The second short story collection, Sword of Destiny, must follow because it’s here we meet Ciri, and each story takes place directly before the main novels.

Otherwise, read the books in the order they were released: Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Tower of the Swallow and The Lady of the Lake.

Reactions: BelemNole
Have you tried Neverwhere by Gaiman? It's easy and light and very British. I also liked The Ocean at the End of the Lane. He tends to read is own audiobooks, which really helps.
I guess both of those might be a bit too short for your liking.

Read Kingkiller, third book suppose to be out this year - fingers crossed. Read all of Gaiman’s novels.
Will look into Gentleman Bastard and Wheeler.

Malazan book of the fallen by Steven Erickson
Prince of Thorns series by Mark Lawrence

I’ve read a lot of fantasy but did not like the Kingkiller Chronicles at all. I couldn’t stand the main character.

Malazan book of the fallen by Steven Erickson
Prince of Thorns series by Mark Lawrence

I’ve read a lot of fantasy but did not like the Kingkiller Chronicles at all. I couldn’t stand the main character.

I love Kvothe. He’s completely full of shit. It makes figuring out what the real story is fun.

David Gemmell's stuff is in line with what you've been reading and I especially rec anything within both the Druss and the Waylander series of books.

Reactions: BelemNole
Another book series that's short (it's a duology) but surprisingly good is the sundering series by Jacqueline Carey. I'm not really a big fan of her other works, but those two are fantastic. Essentially it's Lord of the Rings but from the "Evil" side's point of view. And of course no one TRULY thinks they're in the wrong.

Sounds like they are going to make a movie based on ‘Best Served Cold’ from Joe Abercrombie’s First Law world. I loved all of his books, Abercrombie wrote the screenplay, so hopefully it’s done justice.

Sounds like they are going to make a movie based on ‘Best Served Cold’ from Joe Abercrombie’s First Law world. I loved all of his books, Abercrombie wrote the screenplay, so hopefully it’s done justice.

I enjoyed the series but am not a fan of grimdark in general.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT