ADVERTISEMENT

Neighbor just got a pit bull...

a5VjluJ.jpeg

They'll release whatever they had and clamp down on you next.
But the next moment his footing would be lost and he would be dragging around in the whirl of one of White Fang's mad gyrations. Cherokee identified himself with his instinct. He knew that he was doing the right thing by holding on, and there came to him certain blissful thrills of satisfaction. At such moments he even closed his eyes and allowed his body to be hurled hither and thither, willy-nilly, careless of any hurt that might thereby come to it. That did not count. The grip was the thing, and the grip he kept.

pit bulls are the choice of someone trying to stroke their ego. Like it’s the “cool” pet to own. Degenerate morons.
OR...

Rescued from a shelter by a family that didn't really know any better because (in the little girls' eyes) "He looks so lonely, mommy". That was the story of some other friends of ours. Dog died of old age having never hurt anyone.

Again, not advocating for owning the breed because me, personally, don't think it's worth the risk--too many different breeds out there and will never own one. Ever.

My defense is of the stereo-type given to the owners making the accusation they're all a bunch rednecks looking to "stroke their ego" or whatever.

OR...

Rescued from a shelter by a family that didn't really know any better because (in the little girls' eyes) "He looks so lonely, mommy". That was the story of some other friends of ours. Dog died of old age having never hurt anyone.

Again, not advocating for owning the breed because me, personally, don't think it's worth the risk--too many different breeds out there and will never own one. Ever.

My defense is of the stereo-type given to the owners making the accusation they're all a bunch rednecks looking to "stroke their ego" or whatever.

I would say they are not “all” like that. But they are “mostly” like that. Certainly every pit Bull owner I have met fits the definition.

I would say they are not “all” like that. But they are “mostly” like that. Certainly every pit Bull owner I have met fits the definition.
I wonder what percentage of the 18 mil (potential) owners meet that description, though.

https://www.pitbullinfo.org/pit-bulls-population.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT