ADVERTISEMENT

Neil Young tells Spotify to choose between him and Joe Rogan.

Rogan is great because it shows the left desperately wants censorship.

I find it pathetic. If it was the other way around some of our “on suicide watch lefties” would be scream democracy is at stake.

Most people have not said Rogan should be censored. I'm using my free speech to criticize Rogan and Rogan fans. That's most of what this is. Dumb people think that's censorship.

Rogan is great because it shows the left desperately wants censorship.

I find it pathetic. If it was the other way around some of our “on suicide watch lefties” would be scream democracy is at stake.
Sure thing. Neil can obviously do whatever he wants. It's his music. And Spotify can (and probably will) tell him to go pound salt as Rogan is making them a fortune w/the dunce crowd who thinks they are hearing "both sides."

Sure thing. Neil can obviously do whatever he wants. It's his music. And Spotify can (and probably will) tell him to go pound salt as Rogan is making them a fortune w/the dunce crowd who thinks they are hearing "both sides."
I don’t consider it “a side” I consider it one man’s opinion. Like talking to your neighbor.

why is every sentence spoken now considered a 100% all encompassing voice of one party or the other ?

Neil Young has principles.
Rare bird.
Maybe it is his Canadian heritage.
Latest album"Barn" is getting very good reviews.
This move will cost him money but that does not bother him.
You go ,Neil.

• Haha
Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
He may not be saying "don't take the vaccine" directly but he has definitely pushed the narrative that the Covid vaccine is more dangerous than Covid itself.
Never heard him say that. I doubt he has since I have heard him encourage old people and unhealthy people get vaccinated. Clearly he wouldn’t do that if he thought the math showed what you are saying.

He may not be saying "don't take the vaccine" directly but he has definitely pushed the narrative that the Covid vaccine is more dangerous than Covid itself.

He also discussed his alternative treatments he accessed that his fans mostly can't access because they're not also multi millionaire playboys who can shop for doctors and pay cash if they'reone of the unlucky ones to get a severe case. It's like Trump telling people not to be afraid of COVID after a helicopter took him to and from Walter Reed.

Reactions: WDSMHAWK
I have zero issues with this. I don't know Rogan well enough to know the nuances of his vaccine views, but if Young doesn't want his music being distributed by a company that he believes is spreading misinformation that is causing unnecessary deaths then that is his right as an artist.

Neil Young should have been bitch slapped to obscurity by the southern rockers in the late 70s.

"Well I hope Niel young will rememeber, a southern man don't need him around, anyhow...."

He also discussed his alternative treatments he accessed that his fans mostly can't access because they're not also multi millionaire playboys who can shop for doctors and pay cash if they'reone of the unlucky ones to get a severe case. It's like Trump telling people not to be afraid of COVID after a helicopter took him to and from Walter Reed.

He has talked almost exclusively about how monoclonal antibodies are what helped him the most.

Were those not readily available?

I hope Neil Young will remember...that Southern fans don’t need him around anyhow...
Don’t know Joe Rogan don’t care... but I loved NYoung back in the day.
This reminds me of Heart throwing a fit over Sarah Palin using one of their songs during the 08 campaign. Who cares?

Then I thought about the times we had
Once when I kicked him when he was bad
Old King sure meant a lot to me
But that hound dog is history

King went a-runnin' after deer
Wasn't scared of jumpin' off the truck in high gear
King went a-sniffin' and he would go
Was the best old hound dog I ever did know

He has talked almost exclusively about how monoclonal antibodies are what helped him the most.

Were those not readily available?

They are dumb to rely on as a backstop or alternative to getting vaccinated. If you weren't Joe Rogan, you'd have a real hard time finding a medical professional who would actually treat you who's going to tell you not to get vaccinated because if we time the monoclonal antibodies correctly, you can expect a good outcome.

Reactions: littlez
I am not a "fan" of Rogan, he can come across as an idiot. But I do enjoy his podcasts.

He has some really interesting guests, and according to the numbers, it's undeniable that people prefer long form, unedited discussions.

He is going to have a 4.5 hour discussion with Jordan Peterson come out today, and MILLIONS will listen.
what-are-you-talking-about-huh.gif

Joe Rogan is the last person in media who has any business discussing any of this. He sells snake oil and fitness equipment.
This aspect of Joe Rogan and his ardent fans is really interesting to me, the guy is constantly talking about the cocktail of drugs and supplements he takes/sells/recommends, but not even a sense of irony when talking about the vidvaxxine that is still very much optional to get. It's like he's gotten hit in the face as a hobby for 30 years.

Thankfully the guest wasn't the usual Anti-Vaxer he has on and was able to prove Rogan was talking out of his ass
Lol, I could handle more Rogan in 90 second clips. I know this is just a snapshot, but the thought of Joe Rogan scoffing at that source because it contradicted his source... Rogan isn't reading through actual studies and summarizing results in a meaningful way. He's getting articles sent to him by people he generally likes/agrees with and he's rolling with that. A lot of us are doing that. Most of us aren't speaking to millions and millions, of which even a small minority taking him too seriously means tens of thousands.

I'm getting awful close to whining about liking Joe Rogan before it was cool and him selling out. I started Harvest and then switched to shuffling through this performance:

LOL. F**k spotify if they have to play the trash lies and misinformation that joe rogan spiels. May they rot in hell with the trumpbagger scum of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: CO_hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT