ADVERTISEMENT

Neil Young tells Spotify to choose between him and Joe Rogan.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017

Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record labeldemanding that they remove his music from Spotify. “I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them,” he wrote. “Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule.”

“I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform,” he continued. “They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both.” Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan’s baseless claims.

I dont really care for either one of them....but this is just one guy trying to censor another over beliefs which I am not in favor of. Unfortunately for NY the execs at Spotify will laugh at him.

Joe Rogan is like “The Office”. At first he was something new and different and people liked that. Then Trump showed up (Michael Scott left) and he became a cookie cuter version of himself who now is on because of the millions of dollars involved.
After the first cycle of Segura, Kreischer, MMA guy, Survivalist guy, dark Webb guy, Bernie Sanders, whoever is taking the crazy stance on something that day and Jordan Peterson is through, it’s pretty much rinse and repeat.

I find the thirst for censorship more interesting.

So much focus on what people should be able to see or hear, but compared to that little discussion on who will decide what people should be able to see or hear.

Trust the censors?
Totally agree. Just like these right wing activists wanting to take books off of shelves. Let people read what they want to read.

Rogan fandom is interesting.

I am not a "fan" of Rogan, he can come across as an idiot. But I do enjoy his podcasts.

He has some really interesting guests, and according to the numbers, it's undeniable that people prefer long form, unedited discussions.

He is going to have a 4.5 hour discussion with Jordan Peterson come out today, and MILLIONS will listen.

I love Neil Young, he should do whatever he wants.

One thing I’ve learned as a parent is if you’re going to yell at some kids to stop doing something, it is best if you consider whether you can actually get them to stop before you put yourself out there.

I think Neil is pissing in the wind here.

I am all for first amendment rights. I’m also pretty anti-censorship. I think if you try and censor somebody because of their political party, and other personal views… That is pretty wrong.

However, it really puzzles me that people cannot draw the difference between that and blatantly spreading misinformation that could result in the deaths of many people. Call me liberal, but I think that should absolutely be censored.

I am all for first amendment rights. I’m also pretty anti-censorship. I think if you try and censor somebody because of their political party, and other personal views… That is pretty wrong.

However, it really puzzles me that people cannot draw the difference between that and blatantly spreading misinformation that could result in the deaths of many people. Call me liberal, but I think that should absolutely be censored.

Like?

neilyoung-dog.gif

Reactions: mnole03 and goldmom

You realize that there were several things months ago that would have gotten you banned on FB and Twitter but are now proving out to be true?

The whole "misinformation" thing around covid is rather puzzling. The research/data is constantly changing, much of the "science" is evolving and still questionable. Nobody really knows what the best way to approach how society deals with COVID. Yet, we can label information and "misinformation."

I listen to Rogan when he has comics on. Gillis & Normand have been on multiple times recently & it's good stuff. Come on Neil, listen to him when he has comics on, maybe that'll change your mind. Rogan is always the least funny of the comics so knows to sit back & listen.

Young's music is great by the way. But I know the tools in here who listen to Rogan for medical advice have probably heard no more than 2-3 of Young' songs.

I’m sure I could come up with a fair number of them… But in this case, spreading disinformation to discourage people from taking the vaccine.
I think he has promoted old and fat people get vaccinated. I think he encouraged his mom to get vaccinated. What he has said is young and healthy probsbly don’t need it.

I have never heard him say nobody should get vaccine. I have heard him say he chooses not to and it isn’t right for him.

Reactions: SIXERS24
I listen to Rogan when he has comics on. Gillis & Normand have been on multiple times recently & it's good stuff. Come on Neil, listen to him when he has comics on, maybe that'll change your mind. Rogan is always the least funny of the comics so knows to sit back & listen.

Young's music is great by the way. But I know the tools in here who listen to Rogan for medical advice have probably heard no more than 2-3 of Young' songs.

I’m sure I could come up with a fair number of them… But in this case, spreading disinformation to discourage people from taking the vaccine.
What we are seeing is all of these people who swear to be “all about the science” are only like that when the science bears out what they want. When it doesn’t, they jump pretty quickly to shit like, “Why do we want to risk it? Think about our children’s health!” And the favorite, “It’s not a hard thing they’re asking you to do!”

I find the thirst for censorship more interesting.

So much focus on what people should be able to see or hear, but compared to that little discussion on who will decide what people should be able to see or hear.

Trust the censors?
Lol. Goof.

What we are seeing is all of these people who swear to be “all about the science” are only like that when the science bears out what they want. When it doesn’t, they jump pretty quickly to shit like, “Why do we want to risk it? Think about our children’s health!” And the favorite, “It’s not a hard thing they’re asking you to do!”
Lol. You’re projecting.

Reactions: littlez
The whole "misinformation" thing around covid is rather puzzling. The research/data is constantly changing, much of the "science" is evolving and still questionable. Nobody really knows what the best way to approach how society deals with COVID. Yet, we can label information and "misinformation."
Joe Rogan is the last person in media who has any business discussing any of this. He sells snake oil and fitness equipment.

ADVERTISEMENT