ADVERTISEMENT

Nelson Brands

I haven’t expressed any surprise. If someone posts that they think Nelson is going to be a 4 time AA and 2 time NCAA champ based off results from two opens where he didn’t face a single ranked wrestler that point is fair game to discuss. This is an Internet forum, after all.

I’ve been pro Nelson Brands for some time and defended him in the past, lest anyone think I’m trying to be a hater.

Gunther is ranked 14-15 in all the polls I've seen.

I haven’t expressed any surprise. If someone posts that they think Nelson is going to be a 4 time AA and 2 time NCAA champ based off results from two opens where he didn’t face a single ranked wrestler that point is fair game to discuss. This is an Internet forum, after all.

I’ve been pro Nelson Brands for some time and defended him in the past, lest anyone think I’m trying to be a hater.
I try to do the eye roll and move on when I see the wildly optimistic posts about any wrestler, but fail to adhere to that at all times I suppose. That's why I try to stay out of the prediction business and keep it generic.

Nelson Brands is an intriguing prospect on many levels, that is for certain. Not thinking you're coming from a "hater" position.

Gunther is ranked 14-15 in all the polls I've seen.

Thanks. I was wrong on that.

I try to do the eye roll and move on when I see the wildly optimistic posts about any wrestler, but fail to adhere to that at all times I suppose. That's why I try to stay out of the prediction business and keep it generic.

Nelson Brands is an intriguing prospect on many levels, that is for certain. Not thinking you're coming from a "hater" position.

Just making it clear for all. The mentality of many is “if you’re not (wildly) for something, you’re against it.”

Reactions: crablegs1
If Nelson can make the cut to 157 and is better then Young I would use him this year.I don't see him making 157 next year so he's on the bench behind Marinelli.If he goes this year then you use his redshirt next year

Are we sure he can make it back down to 157? Seems like kind of a big assumption. Nelson's taller than Bull (not saying that much), and has the frame to put on more muscle in my estimation. The roster lists them both @ 5'9, but I have my doubts as to the accuracy of this listing in Bull's case.

Are we sure he can make it back down to 157? Seems like kind of a big assumption. Nelson's taller than Bull (not saying that much), and has the frame to put on more muscle in my estimation. The roster lists them both @ 5'9, but I have my doubts as to the accuracy of this listing in Bull's case.

The hair or lack of it is the difference.

Nelson has looked great, but it seems crazy that we had to hire his dad just to land him.

On a tangential but related note, why does no one give okie state grief for hiring fix’s dad to run the RTC? He was a decent college wrestler. His qualifications are suspect.

With Nelson, I am more concerned about potential recruiting violations. Did Terry talk to him too much? Did he say things like “choose Iowa or no dinner”? :)

That’s a joke!!

Isn't it great to have some optimism about a redshirt who is winning tourneys...I'm not saying Brands or Cass for that matter will be NCAA champs, but it's certainly a great feeling knowing that our backups are doing so well.
It's great to be a Hawk .

& it is only starting....

He said in an interview that 165 is very easy to make and maintiain (paraphrasing). But yeah, who knows what he'll be looking like in a year.

Nelson is noticeably smaller than the guys he has been wrestling. I would say he is a true 57 and would have to grow quite a bit to be a 65. It could happen (see Kemerer), but he will be there next year scrapping it out with Young.

Nelson is noticeably smaller than the guys he has been wrestling. I would say he is a true 57 and would have to grow quite a bit to be a 65. It could happen (see Kemerer), but he will be there next year scrapping it out with Young.
In your opinion, any chance we see him drop to 57 for Midlands...or are they dead-set on "up" at 165 this year (like redshirts do for Brands).

Isn’t that the motto of the Democratic Party? Sorry, couldn’t help myself

tenor.gif

You should own boxers if you want to see f’d up calibration on a dog.
best dog i have ever had was a Burmese Mountain dog. It wouldn't harm a fly but it would protect itself and its master(s). My wife and I were watching him sitting there in his stoic position while his litter-mates were climbing all over him and she put a pair of sunglasses on him. WE NAMED HIM DUDE. i'll try to find a pic. always brings a tear to my eye when I visit his grave. i used to think God did us a miss-service when he decided his life-span. now i realize it was to remind us how fleeting life is and to take time and life seriously.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT