ADVERTISEMENT

NEPOTISM!

I was honestly just thinking about commenting on the game thread about Connor seeing the floor. When the opponents center can guard you and just begs you to shoot the ball and you’re below average defensively at your respective position, you probably should be getting scrub minutes.

I was honestly just thinking about commenting on the game thread about Connor seeing the floor. When the opponents center can guard you and just begs you to shoot the ball and you’re below average defensively at your respective position, you probably should be getting scrub minutes.
This Should be pinned to the top of the board

The opponent putting their 5 man on Connor should end his day.

Its inexcusable to allow him to be out there when thats happening.

It kills any chance Iowa has of being competitive against big teams like Purdue and Illinois.

Coming into the game tonight he was shooting 20% and 18.2% for 3. Amazing those #s are going to get worse after missing 3 wide open shots. 2-17 in Big 10 play after tonight with all of those shots minus one being a 3pt attempt. But don't worry he's avg 2.5 reb and 1.9 asst. on the season.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
Anybody that even slightly played or coached B-Ball can clearly see Connor should barely touch the floor. Patrick needs to hit the weights and get much more aggressive - watching him is very frustrating because I think he has much more in him. He does not follow the ball and gives up so much on the defensive end. At least the team showed some fight in the 2nd half. i am going to be slammed on here for saying it - but Keegan would be smart to come back next year. Too inconsistant against the better teams and work on his leadership abilities. It will benefit him a great deal in future years in the league and he's still going to have a big paycheck regardless. Both Murray's should be playing 32+ minutes and I don't really think they're is an excuse why they aren't.

Anybody that even slightly played or coached B-Ball can clearly see Connor should barely touch the floor. Patrick needs to hit the weights and get much more aggressive - watching him is very frustrating because I think he has much more in him. He does not follow the ball and gives up so much on the defensive end. At least the team showed some fight in the 2nd half. i am going to be slammed on here for saying it - but Keegan would be smart to come back next year. Too inconsistant against the better teams and work on his leadership abilities. It will benefit him a great deal in future years in the league and he's still going to have a big paycheck regardless. Both Murray's should be playing 32+ minutes and I don't really think they're is an excuse why they aren't.

Spot on. I think Keegan should and will return.

We'll be better when it's impossible for Fran to play the Super Seniors. Apparently he can't help but give them minutes. Why not, they can play ANY position

PMac should be on the floor. I like both Murrays and PMac at the same time. We shot the ball so poorly in the first half. Played much better in the second half.

PMAC deserves to be on the court. He could be a really good 3rd or 4th scoring option on a good team. Problem is Iowa needs a reliable 2nd scorer. I think that guy is Kris but Fran plays him so inconsistently and doesn't really build the offense around him unless his back is up against the wall. PMAC also struggles with adding weight which you can't fault him with.

Connor should get 0 mins during B1G play. Bohannon is a gaping hole on defense and hasn't really shot the ball well. Iowa really lacks a quality B1G 2 guard that can shoot and defend which is key in the B1G. After losing Fredrick Iowa really needed to hit the portal for a 2 guard. I think its a bigger issue than the 5 spot. I like Kris at the 5 playing small ball. Iowa doesn't have a 2 that can cut it in the B1G on its roster.

Lickliter could score on Purdue

2922b0fe-f7c3-11de-84ea-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

Proof

Is he the new little Lickliter?

Yes, but in my opinion, it’s even worse. We have a solid team otherwise whereas Lil’ Lick had no right playing on the worst team in the B1G. Connor is killing this team from reaching their potential. Lil’ Lick didn’t make that team much worse, was at least comical and helped get his dad fired

Reactions: RocknRollface
i am going to be slammed on here for saying it - but Keegan would be smart to come back next year. Too inconsistant against the better teams and work on his leadership abilities. It will benefit him a great deal in future years in the league and he's still going to have a big paycheck regardless.
Not going to slam this take as I don’t follow the NBA, but if Keegan remains a projected 1st round lottery pick, I don’t see how he stays. I agree he’s inconsistent at times, but the raw talent is there. I think he would receive better coaching and player development at the professional level than what he’s getting at Iowa. The big paycheck would in theory be there, but freak accidents/injuries happen. Strike while the irons hot and get paid in my opinion. Keegan seems to have the businesslike mentality to be successful in the NBA even if his overall basketball skill set aren’t there yet.

ADVERTISEMENT