ADVERTISEMENT

NEPOTISM!

Not going to slam this take as I don’t follow the NBA, but if Keegan remains a projected 1st round lottery pick, I don’t see how he stays. I agree he’s inconsistent at times, but the raw talent is there. I think he would receive better coaching and player development at the professional level than what he’s getting at Iowa. The big paycheck would in theory be there, but freak accidents/injuries happen. Strike while the irons hot and get paid in my opinion. Keegan seems to have the businesslike mentality to be successful in the NBA even if his overall basketball skill set aren’t there yet.
Yes, the people who are saying Keeg. Murray "needs more time" are failing to see what he would be asked to do in the NBA. He might come back because he wants to or because he wants to play with his brother another year or another reason, but it won't be because he's not a good leader or some other made up thing, His attractiveness to the NBA is that at this size he can guard multiple perimeter positions, and has a versatile skill set (can handle the ball, can shoot if feet are set and open, can take the ball to the basket, etc.) He's also a willing passer and a good teammate. Yes, he's struggling some scoring now but his game in the NBA wouldn't be as a huge scorer. He wouldn't be the first scoring option and wouldn't be tasked with posting up or defending post players all the time.

Hope this team can win enough games to get in the tournament and let's see what happens. Holding out hope that Iowa could catch a matchup break and get out of the first weekend in the tournament. Look forward to watching both Murrays as they continue their hoops career.

Keegan is not coming back---guaranteed contract, he can't pass that up.

The only question is whether Kris comes back. If you are a NBA gm and see Keegan as lottery type pick and he has idential twin, you will take a closer look at Kris circumstances

When you look at Kris, you very similar player to Keegan who has been stymied by a crazy coach that sits him on bench because he thinks his two boys are better than they really are.

I think you draft Kris in 2nd round and put him in development league. He'll learn the NBA game better in g-league than under Fran. The only question is next year Kris will be starter and will play a lot of minutes and might be able to become a 1st round draft choice. Fran will have to make some promises to keep Kris and Kris will be the featured player on Iowa squad next year---that might be enough to keep him.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
PMAC deserves to be on the court. He could be a really good 3rd or 4th scoring option on a good team. Problem is Iowa needs a reliable 2nd scorer. I think that guy is Kris but Fran plays him so inconsistently and doesn't really build the offense around him unless his back is up against the wall. PMAC also struggles with adding weight which you can't fault him with.

Connor should get 0 mins during B1G play. Bohannon is a gaping hole on defense and hasn't really shot the ball well. Iowa really lacks a quality B1G 2 guard that can shoot and defend which is key in the B1G. After losing Fredrick Iowa really needed to hit the portal for a 2 guard. I think its a bigger issue than the 5 spot. I like Kris at the 5 playing small ball. Iowa doesn't have a 2 that can cut it in the B1G on its roster.
Wish JBo and Connor would just walk away and give their minutes to guys that have upside. Unless Jbo is bombing away, he is a negative. I can not believe how bad a shooter Connor has become. How do you shoot it in HS,then cannot hit wide open 3's?

Fran is completely shitting on the rest of the team so his and Connors feelings don't have to be hurt by accepting reality. What a class act
Everyone says that Sandfort is such a great talent. How would we know? He seldom sees the floor. Last night, he came in when Keegan got his second foul. He played good defense, and hit a pretty three. Two minutes later he was pulled, and never saw the floor again. Why?

Everyone else is guarded.
And there's a center just standing in the lane stopping penetration so it allows the regular defenders to be extra agressive too.

The offensive genius coach is shooting himself in the foot repeatedly.

Everyone says that Sandfort is such a great talent. How would we know? He seldom sees the floor. Last night, he came in when Keegan got his second foul. He played good defense, and hit a pretty three. Two minutes later he was pulled, and never saw the floor again. Why?
Because hes not a made Fran man.

Nepotism University.

With Kirk's new contract we will probably have his grandkids playing for him too. Steve will likely be on the staff soon.

McCaffrey has another boy just waiting to be inserted into the starting lineup. With the age of two of Fran's assistants, I'm guessing that when they retire Connor will get one of those positions.

We also, have two Brands coaching and one son wrestling but I'm not complaining because I know the Brands set the bar at national championship levels every year. Kirk and Fran do not even come close to the Brands expectations.

Doesn't Bluder have a daughter involved with her program?

Barta has to be so proud. Nepotism University. And, I think the state has laws regarding nepotism, and if so, they are being ignored and worked around. I could be wrong about that.

Connor is a 25 watt bulb in a 150 watt sock#t. His
only claim to tim# on court is his dad. Murray twins
will not play for Iowa n#xt yr. Iowa will not g#t to
.500 in Big T#n this yr. Coach Fran is post#r boy
for N#potism.

Over 20 NBA scouts were at the Purdue game. Kris is being noticed by the NBA scouts. Fran would rather make sure his boys have a good time in college as neither will ever play in the NBA.

This isn't being mean, it's being truthful. Kris and Sandfort should be getting most of Patrick and Connor's minutes. Most everyone knows that but the parents of the McCaffrey's.

They have all been highly thought of the younger they were. Then their rating drops. Then drops again
Something to think of too is both of the older ones were 19 when they graduated HS when most kids were in freshman year of HS. Connor turns 24 this school year and Patrick 22. By these ages you'd expect them to be playing like veteran players with refined skills but if anything Connor has gotten worse which I know injuries have hampered him but still no excuse for such a poor shooting % let alone the fact he's afraid to shoot as we saw with his 1st brick last night. I still think PMac is a quality player who belongs in the Big 10 but probably not what his HS rating was.

Reactions: bdg8
"It''s not November anymore,.. Keegan will be back next year."

Keegan's stock is higher now than it was coming into the season. His numbers are down because he's playing in one of, if not the, best leagues in the country, and they have been scouted to death, and teams know Iowa weaknesses and to game plan for their most vsersatile player. Regardless, He's a top-8, potentially top-5 pick. He's also the oldest projected lottery-mid first round pick; he needs to start his clock ASAP. He's leaving, and rightfully so. He's earned that, and it's the logical move in his career. Anyone that believes, or wishes, otherwise is just being foolish. I think Kris returns and develops his game (though I bet he goes through draft process to garner feedback) to make the jump next year.

I could get behind Patrick if he toughens up and improves on the defensive side, hits the glass, and starts getting "his hands dirty". He's way too soft - but he has length and is talented offensively. He belongs, no doubt.

Connor on the other hand, well... Here is what another poster on TOS ascertained...

Connor has now played 300 minutes this year. He has made 5 field goals and is shooting 17.9%. For those wondering, that's 1 field goal made per 60 minutes of game time.....

In 2009-10 John The Criminal played 175 minutes and amassed 12 made field goals. That's 1 field goal made per 15 minutes.

Jon Lickliter is 4 times more efficient - offensively at least.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
Over 20 NBA scouts were at the Purdue game. Kris is being noticed by the NBA scouts. Fran would rather make sure his boys have a good time in college as neither will ever play in the NBA.

This isn't being mean, it's being truthful. Kris and Sandfort should be getting most of Patrick and Connor's minutes. Most everyone knows that but the parents of the McCaffrey's.
We have heard you loud and clear in this thread about Nepotism University doughawk and part of that is why you likely now think the McCaffery boys need their minutes cut.

Now, please lay off the McCaffery's and enjoy them, both good and bad. I'm not perfect, are you?

I appreciate your opinion but enough is enough.

#hypocracyisabitch

Last edited:
We have heard you loud and clear in this thread about Nepotism University doughawk and part of that is why you likely now think the McCaffery boys need their minutes cut.

Now, please lay off the McCaffery's and enjoy them, both good and bad. I'm not perfect, are you?

I appreciate your opinion but enough is enough.

#hypocracyisabitch
frydaze,
You have been on this site since 2001 and posted over 27,000 times, I have been on this site since 2002 and posted 1,100 times.

I don't care to get into pissing matches behind a computer screen. They are pointless.
I responded about your posts complaining about Caitlin Clark's demeanor on the court. You chose to point out my post complaining about the McCaffrey boys playing time and I claimed nepotism is the reason as to why.

You basicly threw my comments in my face and hastagged #hypocracyisabitch.

If this makes you feel better then great and I'm happy for you. I don't have the time and desire to go back and research all the 27,000 + emails you have on this site to critique each one.
Instead I will put you on ignore and I recommend you do the same with me.

Life is way to short to have internet fights you or anyone else.

I purchased an annual pass to this site. Once it is complete I will not renew. Maybe you and the other individuals who drive people away from this site because you want to fight or ridicule will be happy with each other. I'm not looking to diminish Tom Kakert's business by running off his paying customers. I will always be a Hawkeye supporter, just not on here.
No need to respond as you are on ignore.

frydaze,
You have been on this site since 2001 and posted over 27,000 times, I have been on this site since 2002 and posted 1,100 times.

I don't care to get into pissing matches behind a computer screen. They are pointless.
I responded about your posts complaining about Caitlin Clark's demeanor on the court. You chose to point out my post complaining about the McCaffrey boys playing time and I claimed nepotism is the reason as to why.

You basicly threw my comments in my face and hastagged #hypocracyisabitch.

If this makes you feel better then great and I'm happy for you. I don't have the time and desire to go back and research all the 27,000 + emails you have on this site to critique each one.
Instead I will put you on ignore and I recommend you do the same with me.

Life is way to short to have internet fights you or anyone else.

I purchased an annual pass to this site. Once it is complete I will not renew. Maybe you and the other individuals who drive people away from this site because you want to fight or ridicule will be happy with each other. I'm not looking to diminish Tom Kakert's business by running off his paying customers. I will always be a Hawkeye supporter, just not on here.
No need to respond as you are on ignore.
I'm responding to you because you started the crap with me. Stop trying to be the internet police and telling people what they can post or not--especially when you were guilty of the same thing in same context.

You have good posts but don't come on here and say shit to others as you did. That's my point. Figure it out And your choice whether you renew you subscription or not-- I don't care.

ADVERTISEMENT