ADVERTISEMENT

Net Worth Percentile Calculator

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
This should be a fun exercise... You can go to this website and plug in your net worth, and it tells you the percentile for your age category where you rank in terms of net worth (choose to include equity or not).

Since this board is full of 1%ers, just punch in fictional numbers as if you were a poor to still keep it interesting.

https://dqydj.com/net-worth-by-age-calculator-united-states/

Feel free to post results.

I don't know if this makes me feel good about myself or sorry for those below me. I don't feel like I have even close to enough at 44 yrs old(as of yesterday) and I'm in the top 20%.

emergency-flashing-police-siren-vector-12266305.jpg

83.. only because in just a 4 year span by very affordable house has gained 90k in value. this TC housing marker is nuts.. 65 without home equity

80. I’m surprised I’m that low, but I’m really surprised at how low the 50% us for my age.

Reactions: unIowa
How does the federal reserve have any data about wealth? No one reports what they own, only income is reported.

For example, I could have a million dollars worth of cocaine* in my closet. If the government knew about that, I would no longer have that asset.

* Attention authorities: I don't really have any cocaine in my house. This is just an example.

I don't know if this makes me feel good about myself or sorry for those below me. I don't feel like I have even close to enough at 44 yrs old(as of yesterday) and I'm in the top 20%.

Exactly same boat. 44 y.o and 24%. I think I may even be a little short with my net worth as I did a pretty quick mental scan of accounts. Single dad with three kids so I never feel like I have enough.

In reading several articles on the topic, it's apparent that the vast majority of Americans don't save nearly enough, and so if you've been the least bit responsible you're probably in the top 30-40% for your age bracket.

This should be a fun exercise... You can go to this website and plug in your net worth, and it tells you the percentile for your age category where you rank in terms of net worth (choose to include equity or not).

Since this board is full of 1%ers, just punch in fictional numbers as if you were a poor to still keep it interesting.

IMO you should include any mortgage debt but not the value of the house you live in. Thats how I did it. The house you live in is a liability, because you always have to live somewhere. You should include a conservative market value and any mortgage debt for an investment property.

99% guess I am just an average hrotter

Reactions: thewop
IMO you should include any mortgage debt but not the value of the house you live in. Thats how I did it. The house you live in is a liability, because you always have to live somewhere. You should include a conservative market value and any mortgage debt for an investment property.

That literally makes zero sense. You propose that someone with 150k equity in a 300k house and 1,000/month payment is 150k worse off than someone with no equity paying $1250/month rent. You realize the home owner could simply sell their house and start renting, right?

I didn’t include equity, because I don’t plan to sell my house. But it’s not a negative on my net worth by any stretch of the imagination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT