ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada fans' thoughts on this Saturday's game

Fans: Offense...do something!
Offense:

rorschach-no.gif

Reactions: pink shizzle
Umm? i said however
Un unbeaten-level defense finds a way to get off the field over the course of a 20+ drive. Not pooping on the kids--they are a VERY good unit, and a couple of questionable officiating moments played in to it, but the Clowns were moving the ball all day and obviously on "the drive".

Reactions: grayhair81
No they aren’t. They will struggle to be .500. SE Missouri St put up over 300 yards against their defense.
Their offense was inside the 5 twice on us and it took an interception and forced fumble to stop them. I don't think they'll have trouble scoring in the Big 12

Bogus late hit call extended rhe drive. The defense did just fine.
No doubt, letting ISU go 99 yards wasn't a good showing by the D. That said, the bogus personal foul call was an absolute killer, in part due to where it occurred on the field. Our D gets pretty stubborn as an offense approaches the red zone, and that call put them around the 10 as I recall, skipping a good portion of the most challenging part of the field to move the ball. Otherwise I think we have a good shot of at least forcing a FG try.

That call was a massive gut punch for two reasons: 1) It gave ISU a pass on having to gain those tough yards to get down close to the goal line and 2) it was demonstrably and obviously incorrect, as Dekker clearly had a foot in bounds when DeJean shoved him (I was shocked that the UI actually showed the reply in Kinnick, something they almost never do as some kind of twisted show of sportsmanship, while virtually every other school seems to show a replay of pretty much any significant play). Granted, not a smart move by DeJean to even leave any doubt, but the ISU bench clearly made that call for the ref who took the bait.

Reactions: grayhair81
The game may not be pretty and perhaps the spread is not met, but this will be a comfortable win for Iowa. Anything of value at Nevada left with the coach to CSU. It appears that the Iowa offense will be challenged in every matchup and it will be up to the defense to win. That said I will withhold judgement on whether the offense is epic or just bad until the return from injury of Iowa's injured WR and RB's. I mentioned earlier in the year Iowa needed Petras to make the 5th year senior leap. Unfortunately, he appears to be who he is. This will limit the ceiling of what this team can be. I am sure there is the question of why Charlie Jones could not succeed at Iowa.

Sadly, our massively subpar O-line is as big of a problem for the O as Petras, and they don't seem to have much potential to improve substantially before the end of this season, as almost all of them are back from last year and seem to have regressed, if anything.

I’m having a hard time finding 4 conference wins for ISU. Even the bottom of the conference is competitive (Kansas, WVU, TCU) and won’t be easy wins for the Clones.

That being said, I see us as a 5th or 6th place team in the West this season.
Good Lord, did you just say Kansas is competitive? Really? Did they rehire Mangino?.....

Reactions: dadster
Good Lord, did you just say Kansas is competitive? Really? Did they rehire Mangino?.....
Hired Lance Leipold from Buffalo in April 2021, very late in the process. Absolute home run hire for Kansas. The Jayhawks went 2-10 last year (won at Texas, one-score losses in three other conference games), and are off to a 2-0 start. Home win against Tenn. Tech, and an OT win at West Virginia.

I’m not saying they’re going to a bowl game, but they are an entirely different team under him. They’re really fun to watch, their run game is **chef’s kiss**

Reactions: ClarindaA's

Currently #4 in the country in scoring.

I’m having a hard time finding 4 conference wins for ISU. Even the bottom of the conference is competitive (Kansas, WVU, TCU) and won’t be easy wins for the Clones.

That being said, I see us as a 5th or 6th place team in the West this season.

Most power ratings have ISU going 6-3 in conference play. Probably won't happen but it's not hard to find 4 games they'll be favored in.

Currently #4 in the country in scoring.

Most power ratings have ISU going 6-3 in conference play. Probably won't happen but it's not hard to find 4 games they'll be favored in.
That’s fair! I think the B12 is really quite good this year. There may not be an elite team (that we know of?) but top to bottom it’s really good. I would put ISU as favorites over WVU, TTU, Kansas and TCU. But, just my opinion.

Imagine being a nevada fan. Not only did your football team just give up 55 in a loss to incarnate word but your basketball coach is steve alford. Prostitution being legal there is about the only thing keeping those fans going I'd have to think.

Yeah…..the defense gives up one TD drive…..it’s definitely their fault Iowa lost. They should never give up any points. Offense is completely blameless! :rolleyes:
Did your mother forget to drop you on your head when you born? Or maybe she didn't

That’s fair! I think the B12 is really quite good this year. There may not be an elite team (that we know of?) but top to bottom it’s really good. I would put ISU as favorites over WVU, TTU, Kansas and TCU. But, just my opinion.

I think there is a lot of quality in the Big 12 with nobody who is elite. I think an 8-4 team might make the championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT