ADVERTISEMENT

Never too Many Dog Threads

Saw this on Twitter earlier. I will never ever understand how someone can abuse an animal.

Warning: Might get the eyes a little watered up.

I saw this today. My eyes got moist for sure.

I wish our girl had another 20 years in her.

maxresdefault.jpg

My middle kid, daughter, wants a dog as her cat just caught the dead while trying to cross the hwy we live near last week. I told her no, not bc I don't like dogs, but bc we don't currently have the free time in the schedule to properly care for/provide the attention a dog would require. One thing we do have is a large space, 3 acres, so that would be a benefit to the animal as I always thought people with tiny yards or those who keep their dogs/animals inside are in a way abusing those pets. Animals are meant to be outside to roam not pinned up in a house or small yard, then if you have some you need to have the time and willingness to give it plenty of attention.

If you don't have a large area or the time to give attention to a dog then get a cat. A good outdoor cat requires very little attention, they will keep the field mice out of the garage, and some of them are friendly while others are around but stay hidden. Having said that you will get a good 2-4 years out of an outdoor cat before they get clipped by a car or eaten by a coyote so just know that is going to be a revolving door.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT