ADVERTISEMENT

New 2020 SG offer

CP84

HR Heisman
Sep 10, 2013
Sounds like Iowa just offered Tony Perkins from Indiana and he may be visiting in a week.

All mid major offers so far but he does look like he can score. He led the Indiana all stars, which included Anthony Leal and Trey Galloway, with 22 points when they played the Kentucky all stars.

I know it's highlight film but looks good to me. His short stepback will need to be bigger in college. he gets away with a small one in high school. With that being said I like what I see.

I know it's highlight film but looks good to me. His short stepback will need to be bigger in college. he gets away with a small one in high school. With that being said I like what I see.

Another scout said this:

"Class of 2020 shooting guard Tony Perkins was also impressive. Perkins put up big numbers for Lawrence North, and helped the Wildcats to a few big wins. He needs to continue to shoot the ball better, but Perkins showed good athleticism, a high motor, and excellent toughness. He should be an excellent defender in college."

Sounds a lot like what was said about Toussaint. Toussaint, Ulis and Perkins could give us an athletic backcourt with the ability to attack the basket and defend.

We still need that prize recruit though like a Sibley or Foster to round out this class.

No, because he is an athletic SG from IN with mid-major offers. He appears to have talent in the videos but so did Patrick. Patrick never seemed to improve at Iowa. I am hoping that this kid as on his way up, not at the top of his game.

Or like Anthony Clemmons.

Let's let the kid step on the court before worrying about him being a bust. He has a lot of the tools to be a good recruit.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Or like Anthony Clemmons.

Let's let the kid step on the court before worrying about him being a bust. He has a lot of the tools to be a good recruit.
Not worried, hopeful. I just understand that recruiting is a crapshoot sometimes.

God, hope this kid is better than Ingram. I don't recall him playing at Iowa and then went to somewhere out west (I think) and only played maybe two seasons?

Watched a couple of warm ups and thought Pat Ingram would never pan out. His shot form makes C McC's shot look like Jerry West.

Reactions: BDinIC and BBHawk
No, because he is an athletic SG from IN with mid-major offers. He appears to have talent in the videos but so did Patrick. Patrick never seemed to improve at Iowa. I am hoping that this kid as on his way up, not at the top of his game.
Ingram never seemed particularly athletic to me

Sounds like Iowa just offered Tony Perkins from Indiana and he may be visiting in a week.

All mid major offers so far but he does look like he can score. He led the Indiana all stars, which included Anthony Leal and Trey Galloway, with 22 points when they played the Kentucky all stars.

I’m fairly confident that Tony Perkins made more 3s in this video than Pat Ingram attempted in his BB career. Impressive that he scored more than the 4*s Leal and Galloway in the IN/KY all-stars. Perkins and CJ Fredrick will have things to talk about.

No need for a prize recruit that leaves before they really help.

Teams that make deep runs in the NCAA tourney have Jr and Sr in their lineup.

Another scout said this:

"Class of 2020 shooting guard Tony Perkins was also impressive. Perkins put up big numbers for Lawrence North, and helped the Wildcats to a few big wins. He needs to continue to shoot the ball better, but Perkins showed good athleticism, a high motor, and excellent toughness. He should be an excellent defender in college."

Sounds a lot like what was said about Toussaint. Toussaint, Ulis and Perkins could give us an athletic backcourt with the ability to attack the basket and defend.

We still need that prize recruit though like a Sibley or Foster to round out this class.

Definitely not a skinny kid. His size seems similar to Sapp. I like his willingness to play through contact and use both hands effectively. Shot mechanics maybe need to be speeded up. I like the tape.

Lots to like on the video, but the one negative is the low release point for his shot. Too easy for even guys with average hops to block. If Fran and his staff can fix that, then he could be a very good addition.

Definitely not a skinny kid. His size seems similar to Sapp. I like his willingness to play through contact and use both hands effectively. Shot mechanics maybe need to be speeded up. I like the tape.

He is not skinny as you said, still feels more like a "wing" type player due to some added length and style of play vs. a "compact built" guard like Sapp. Not an exact player comparison coming to mind but maybe a shorter version of Tyler Smith?

He is not skinny as you said, still feels more like a "wing" type player due to some added length and style of play vs. a "compact built" guard like Sapp. Not an exact player comparison coming to mind but maybe a shorter version of Tyler Smith?
I was strictly talking about body type, not game, when I compared him to Sapp. Unless he has grown since the tape, he is not 6-4 and probably more like a very solid 6-2. I can't think of a Hawk his game could be like, maybe Kenny Arnold.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Kid looks to have good wingspan, a couple more inches could still come in height. Looks good.

Reminds me of a tad smaller poor man’s Alonzo Trier.

I feel like we are destined for a class of Ullis, Ogundele, and Perkins. Not terrible but all fall back options and we’ll be bridesmaids for Foster and Sibley.

I read where he has committed to Iowa. Haven't seen any videos but after looking at his offer list, not surprised that he committed. My first thought, right or wrong was desperate.

Reactions: Hawkeyes1192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT