ADVERTISEMENT

New Coach

Jun 4, 2013
I keep reading names on Skipper Dugout and Kendal Rogers twitter accounts for Iowa job. It seems like some of the guys in the mix are mid major Head Coaches. Why not look for a younger assistant who has recruited in Iowa, MN, WI, IL. Just hiring a head coach is not the answer here. Please, don't eliminate quality assistants at other D1 schools.

Who cares if a guy can recruit from Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, etc. We need players from the south.

Not going to happen! Look at Big Ten School rosters... Indiana full of Indian kids, Ohio state chalked with Ohio kids, MN no kids from south,,, Nebraska may have a few but not great players! Iowa, and I love Iowa is not getting kids from the South unless St. Louis is what you consider south! A person would be shallow with there thoughts if they think otherwise!
We need to sew up our base which by geographical location is Iowa, MN, WI and some of IL.

I think we can get some kids from Missouri and possibly Oklahoma as well. My guess is there are some very good JUCO kids that would come and play as well (watching the CWS there are some very good players that went that route then to D1.

Taking the best kids in Iowa and filling in the gaps with kids from Minnesota and Illinois is probably good enough to get to the BTT most years.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Sorry Darin Hendrickson but now sounds like that's a no?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by eyesonahawk:

I keep reading names on Skipper Dugout and Kendal Rogers twitter accounts for Iowa job. It seems like some of the guys in the mix are mid major Head Coaches. Why not look for a younger assistant who has recruited in Iowa, MN, WI, IL. Just hiring a head coach is not the answer here. Please, don't eliminate quality assistants at other D1 schools.
Final four candidates for interviews include 3 current head coaches from the MVC and A10, and one lead assistant coach from the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT